More Consumables For Innersphere

2 replies to this topic

Poll: InnerSphere Consumables (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see more consumable modules for InnerSphere mechs only

1. Yes sound good (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Yes, but not those suggested by Bespoke Cheese Cake (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No they Should be for Clan Mechs as well (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. No we don't need any more Consumable Modules in MWO (2 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

I was thinking it might be a good idea to add some more consumables for Inner Sphere mechs to equip.
This is in order to provide more incentives to use Inner Sphere mechs, giving Inner Sphere mechs some tactical advantages over Clan mechs and to demonstrate the different styles of warfare and tactics used by Inner Sphere and Clan forces.

1.Smoke Bomb: This would produce a small smoke cloud with a duration of about 10 secs, providing visual cover from enemies. The Smoke Bomb would behave in much the same way as smoke from other sources in some maps, it will not affect the radars ability to identify a target and players will be able to see through it with heat vision.

2. Land Mine: When activated this will drop a single Land Mine beneath the player, an icon will appear on friendly Team Member's Maps/Radar. The Land Mine would set off by a proximity sensor(10m maybe?) dealing 20 damage to each of a mechs legs with a splash damage effect within a radius of 20m(20m away = 1 damage 19m away = 2 etc)

The Land Mines could only be set off by enemy mechs, but friendly mech that are close enough will be damaged.
Mechs equipped a beagle active probe or a Clan Active probe will be able to detect enemy Land Mines in much the same way that they are able to detect shut down mechs and destroy them. Players with out a probe may also destroy enemy mines but will not see any sign of them on map or radar.

Please note that the availability of these modules would be decided by a players mech choice and not buy their choice of faction.

Some changes may need to be made to these suggestions, but this is the general concept.
I encourage everyone to give feedback on these ideas and provide their own if they wish.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

I've made a suggestion for these before, but not as a consumable item, but as part of a build in item for the Mech itself.

#3 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

I would rather they got rid of consumables all together. People were asking for Artillery Weapons and Coolant Pod. Both cost Tonnage and Critical space on a Mech. We got, Artillery Strike and Cool Shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users