Frequent Ctd In The Last Month

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ricter

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm getting these crashes about one per hour. My screen will freeze while the audio continues, then after about 5-10 seconds the game drops me to the desktop. My video driver is up-to-date and I've been playing MWO over a year without this issue previously. Is there a recent video optimization that may be causing this? Some setting I should be disabling?

I can provide whatever specs information is useful.

Thanks.

Edit: And another one, literally my next game. I'm in Full Window mode, in case that's relevant.

Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
3.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 955
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
8192 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Edited by Ricter, 16 October 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Panther TBC

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

I think I found a workaround to this. Now, if your screen freezes, but you can still hear the game is still going on in the background, try this.

Do a quick CTRL+ALT+DEL and then select "start task manager", this will obviously bring up the task manager, and you should notice your screen in the background start moving again. Kill the task manager and then click on the screen and you should be back in the game, be mindful, by clicking on the screen, you will fire whatever weapon(s) that's linked to that mouse button.

Hope this helps.

If you don't hear anything going on in the background while your screen freezes, then this will not help.

#3 Ricter

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the time. I'll be sure to try this out. I've also switched to Windowed mode to see if that fixes the problem.

#4 Ricter

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

This fixes the issue. Thank you so much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users