44 replies to this topic

#41 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

The thought of a locust makes me make engine noises in my head, ever drive one in reverse through a whole 12 enemy and take very little damage, shooting at them as they chase you, using the mini map to navigate? So funny.

View Postgamingogre, on 29 October 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

SDR-5K Most difficult mech to level in the game. Gave up on this model.

Huh? that one was fun. 5V was difficult.

#42 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:38 AM

My Thunderbolts are the only heavy mechs I own! Hey, I only own Tier-5 heavies! ;)

At the moment I have the 5S and the 5SS left. Sold the 9SE lately because I needed a mechbay - had the least matches in it because I enjoyed the other two more and performed better in those two. And never had the free one because I was on holydays at that time :/.

Actually, the 5SS is the only one with a positive KDR, driving it more or less as a Brawler. (Std. 275, 2 LPLs, 3 MLs and 2 SPLs). Works for me. Maybe no one expected such a config on a TBolt, don't know. Or maybe no one ever saw a 5SS before on the field ;) (I'm pugging, and consider myself an average player at best, so Elo range can't be that high)
But more often than not, I'm not getting big attention in that 5SS, so they give me plenty of targets to melt. And when their minds change, I think they're quite surpised of the toughness of a Tbolt with a Std engine.
Oh, now we got the quirks, right. Had paused for a few weeks lately. Hm, have to look into that with the MPLs for the 5SS. Maybe there lies more fun ahead ;)

As a sidenote:
Not a Tier-5 related mech, but the one I enjoy the most, and also have the best results with is my BJ-1DC. I just love that machine. And now I know why I perform so good i this one - it is a Tier-4 mech!! ha! ;)

#43 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

Just to share in the support group:

I'm a light and medium pilot, for the most part:

Lights:

JR7-K - T3
SDR-5D - T3.

So, not so awful. I generally put up 500+ damage games in these guys, and I'll be revisiting my locusts now that the quirk pass is complete.

Mediums:

GRF-S - Tier 3 (My new beast.)
TBT-7k - Tier 4 (.. huh.)
TBT-5J - Tier 4 (... again, huh.)
GRF-1S - Tier 4 (... riiight.)

... I do like the GRF-3M - a Tier 2 - I admit.

Again, these are my goto mechs, especially the GRF series. I think they've gotten a terrible rap, as I'm regularly putting up 400+ games (and my GRF-S has done more than a few 800+ games in the last few days).

Heavy:

CPLT-K2 - Tier 3.

... but I want to learn to run Dragons - I like the speed.

Assaults, I don't drive.

But... I think it's fairly obvious from this thread that the tiers are tiers only by the slimmest margins, regardless.

#44 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostSep, on 22 October 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Spider 5V master-race.
Hilarious because you never see them, and also because JJ's are not in the gear list.

The 5V's quirk should be 200% leg strength ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mah build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...add5a235a66cd12

Spider V FTW!

Its like, Mining Collective was built for the V.
I run the mandatory 2 mpl with modules, 8jj and BAP.

I run Locust, Cicada, HBK, Wubverine, Banshees(not exactly tier 5).

Getting some Thinderbolts next.

Simply must Wub.

View PostBluefalcon13, on 29 October 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

I think it is pretty safe to say, with xl and endo, you cannot fit 12jjs AND ferro ><

Sure you can. Use duct tape. So what if a few HS are dangling off your mech?

#45 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:43 PM

I just want to thank the meta tryhard players for making my T-bolts tier 5. I already was near a 2:1 K/D ratio on them, now I pull 1000+ dmg games out of a stupid 65 ton laserboat mech.

A lot of the quirks I feel, well, some make a difference and others not so much. Some though, it is a min/max dream, take a mech that "sucked" (read: did not actually suck) and then pile on some min/max DPS pounding quirks because some meta tryhard bois couldnt figure out how to fit twin guass/PPC on them or make them into poptarts. Result, a mech that good players were already doing well in is now fast tracked to EZ mode.

Then again, who knows. Maybe thew tryhards were bored of the game and wanted to create some new meta mechs, and fleeced PGI into making them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users