35 replies to this topic

#21 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hit reg is bad, but it has nothing to do with lasers, it is just bad for most weapons.

#22 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 20 October 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

Hit reg is bad, but it has nothing to do with lasers, it is just bad for most weapons.

I do not agree. My other weapons like PPCs and Ballistics are registering fine. It's only beam based weapons.

#23 clee

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:25 AM

Maybe it's because of your high ping, I don't think your advice holds for someone who's closer to Canada and gets a more reasonable ping.

#24 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

I have more hit-reg issues w/ PPCs than lasers ...

#25 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

Looking at my stats today for IS Energy weapons I went with a simple calc taking just the listed Total Damage done by a weapon then dividing by that weapons number of Hits, to give me a average amount of damage I get from each hit. On average I am getting just 60% of the max damage for lasers, while PPC and ERPPC were 95% and 99% respectively.

Which just highlights even more right off the bat, laser while you can correct their aim your chances of doing full damage are greatly decreased.

Add on ping and lasers become even less likely unless your face hugging.

#26 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

I have noticed my laser vomit builds have been randomly performing very subpar. I'll alpha someone and see little to no effect on their armor some times, and other times chew them up like paper.

#27 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

Yup, lazer builds are high heat and low average damage for now.

#28 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostAzmaat, on 20 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

I wonder if Ammo Explosion counts as damage dealt <_< . That would explain all this ridiculous high damages from all these kill-leaching lights :D .

I'm pretty sure it does, because it's the only fathomable way this happened.

Posted Image

#29 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

Laser damage has improved over the last patch for me so you guys can go give it a try again if you were having trouble with it before. I haven't tried it on my light mechs as much yet.

#30 Coro Ner

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

Perhaps you just where highly concentrated using your new setup?
I make lots of damage using my 6 ML Blackjack mit 120 kph and heat 1.5...legging, coring etc. Great laser boat... :-)

#31 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostAzmaat, on 20 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

I wonder if Ammo Explosion counts as damage dealt <_< . That would explain all this ridiculous high damages from all these kill-leaching lights :D .

Hey! I happen to be one of those kill leaching lights! =p

#32 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 22 October 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it does, because it's the only fathomable way this happened.

Posted Image

Hell yes! Now that is something to be proud of! Nice Job man! I have to say that last night with my Cent AH I was consecutively doing 500+ damage with 3 MG's and 3 SRM6. Their actually might be some credit to what they are saying.

Cheers!

#33 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostMad Ox, on 19 October 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hit reg on lasers is very fishy one game it rocks next game what no way did way more then that. But yeah agree damage is much more consistent with direct damage weapons ppc, ac, srm, just switching my summoner to ssrm4's i doubled my damage with that mech hitting 600-900 noweven though i am in a more dangerous brawling position.

This - if it were consistent, I could compensate, but in some games my LAZORS will tear it up. Next game? A full 50 point alpha at a cherry red, exposed torso on a shutdown mech will do absolutely nothing.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 04 November 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#34 Coro Ner

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostCoro Ner, on 04 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Perhaps you just where highly concentrated using your new setup?
I make lots of damage using my 6 ML Blackjack mit 120 kph and heat 1.5...legging, coring etc. Great laser boat... :-)

http&#58;//s14.directupload.net/images/141104/temp/z5uv9gv3.jpg

http&#58;//s14.directupload.net/images/141104/temp/q76mbax2.jpg

Edited by Coro Ner, 04 November 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#35 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Yeah.. it is kind of weird how when I found a disconnected enemy.. I tried dealing a headshot with some small lasers at point blank range and the damage didn't register at all. All the LRMs from the friendlies nearly killed me at the same time but yeah.. not sure what's up with the hit register for small lasers. [EDIT]It was against a Timberwolf at the end of the battle, I got lucky finding the disconnect but it was still weird.. And it was a few updates ago (About a few months) so it might have been fixed but not sure. I'll have to find out next time I carry small lasers or small pulse lasers to see if they still work against disconnected 'mechs.[/edit]

View PostDawnstealer, on 04 November 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

This - if it were consistent, I could compensate, but in some games my LAZORS will tear it up. Next game? A full 50 point alpha at a cherry red, exposed torso on a shutdown mech will do absolutely nothing.

Edited by RazorbeastFXK3, 04 November 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#36 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 04 November 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Yeah.. it is kind of weird how when I found a disconnected enemy.. I tried dealing a headshot with some small lasers at point blank range and the damage didn't register at all. All the LRMs from the friendlies nearly killed me at the same time but yeah.. not sure what's up with the hit register for small lasers. [EDIT]It was against a Timberwolf at the end of the battle, I got lucky finding the disconnect but it was still weird.. And it was a few updates ago (About a few months) so it might have been fixed but not sure. I'll have to find out next time I carry small lasers or small pulse lasers to see if they still work against disconnected 'mechs.[/edit]

I've seen this happen before but it's separate from the hitreg issue. Under certain <rare and mysterious> circumstances, disconnected / no pilot mechs seem to be immune to head damage. I've come across a few disconnected mechs that simply refuse to take head damage. Most memorable was a summoner I alpha'd twice in the head with med lasers - entire chassis armour diagram remained grey. Started slashing lazers through the head hitbox and it registered CT damage only.

On an other occasions I've had two mechs disconnect right in front of me - two free headshot kills.

Back to the original topic, playing from overseas with a ~230ms Ping I still find lazer hit reg' inconsistent. It seemed best for me in august prior server migration and the patch targeting desync Issues. ATM everything might seem fine one match then the next I simply balk at the posted damage or wonder why I can't open a mechs rear armour after 2 x 30 damage strikes at point blank?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users