#21 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 22 October 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

Besides making all ACs cyclic completely defeats the purpose of having UACs and RACs in the game.

Not really, as those had higher rates of fire.
(IE you had the option of pushing an UAC to double rate - like the clan ones, and the rotaries similar but even higher rates)

Edit:
As for the books contradicting eachother, I have yet to read a series written by more than one author that did not (which includes Star Wars EU, Star Treck, Warhammer, and several others)
Has never stopped people from discussing them. :P

Edited by Shar Wolf, 22 October 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

On sleeping horses.
Spoiler

:)
(Amazon does not like direct linking to pictures.)

Edited by Koniving, 23 October 2014 - 03:16 AM.

#23 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostKoniving, on 22 October 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

On sleeping horses.

:)

Psst
Dead picture

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 October 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Psst
Dead picture

Fixed.

#25 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

As for the books contradicting eachother, I have yet to read a series written by more than one author that did not

Fair point but it doesn't change the fact that a single heavy projectile will always have massively better penetration characteristics than a spamming multiple light-weight projectiles.

I know it's silly to expect realism in the BTU but TANSTAFL for frak's sake. TANSTAFL!

Even if you solve the mechanical problem of loading and unloading 80 - 120mm shells from the breach-face fast enough to achieve assault rifle like cyclic rates, you still have to dissipate all that mechanical energy.

You're telling me that rather than finding the blueprints for some old 21st century field gun and slapping it in the shoulder of a HBK, that the IS was some how able to maintain a ready supply of magi-tech anti tank guns? Come on guys, we're talking about the military engineers who forgot that compartmentalized magazines were a good thing.

#26 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

There have been a lot of changes since you've been away for sure. Some of the more outstanding to me are listed below:

1. If you ever purchased MC, you'll see a shiny new CN9-AH in your stable.

2. If you ever purchased a pre-order package, you'll also see an AS7-S.

3. LRMs- LRMs have sped up considerably since you've been away. You still have time to get to cover, but not as much as you did before the buff. It's not back to LRMaggeddon levels, but they are fast.

4. SRMs- SRM hit registration is great right now. If you like medium mechs, SRM loadouts rule the medium weight class.

5. Lasers - Before yesterday, laser hit registration was off for fast moving high ping targets. Russ mentioned in a post yesterday there was a fix included in the latest patch, so they should be working better.

6. Reward system - C-Bill earning got a major rework yesterday. Encourage you to read the patch notes from yesterday.

7. Nov 4th patch - There is an IS quirk pass coming in the next patch, so don't be too anxious to run out and purchase clan mechs. If you have a full stable of IS mechs, I'd wait until after the next patch.

8. KING CRAB is Coming! If you ever purchased a top tier package (Founders, Phoenix, etc), you'll receive a shiny new King Crab in Dec.

Lots of changes, so as Koniving encouraged you, read the patch notes.

Welcome Back!!!!!!,

Jody von Jedi

#27 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Oh yeah, PPC speed is way down now.

And if you left before the Gauss mechanic changed, there is a charge time now for that weapon. You have to press and hold the fire button until it charges, then releasing the fire button fires the weapon.

#28 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

Thank you all for summary of changes, seems things will be changing for the better soon, will be nice when they add community warefare.

When can I join Jade Falcon and pilot a Timber Wolf with Jump jets against some freebirths?

Any word on removing Ghost Heat or at least documenting it well in game? Ghost heat is just so not intuitive and not newbie friendly. Those of us who read the forums know about it but they should get rid of it and make the overall heat threshold to shutdown lower like heatsinks +10 instead of what it is now. If they aren't going to remove it a big warning should pop up when you build a mech with too many weapons of the same type that would trigger ghost heat explaining that you will generate ghost heat with this configuration are you sure you want to do so.

Would be nice if they remove the Gaus Bow mechanic. I am not playing Skyrim. Should have the capacitors to stay charge and just one trigger pull please.

Edited by Athena Pryde, 22 October 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#29 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostAthena Pryde, on 22 October 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Thank you all for summary of changes, seems things will be changing for the better soon, will be nice when they add community warefare.

When can I join Jade Falcon and pilot a Timber Wolf with Jump jets against some freebirths?

Any word on removing Ghost Heat or at least documenting it well in game? Ghost heat is just so not intuitive and not newbie friendly. Those of us who read the forums know about it but they should get rid of it and make the overall heat threshold to shutdown lower like heatsinks +10 instead of what it is now. If they aren't going to remove it a big warning should pop up when you build a mech with too many weapons of the same type that would trigger ghost heat explaining that you will generate ghost heat with this configuration are you sure you want to do so.

Would be nice if they remove the Gaus Bow mechanic. I am not playing Skyrim. Should have the capacitors to stay charge and just one trigger pull please.

Go to your profile and change factions.

As for Timberwolves, they are still available as a collection/ A La Carte from the website, and they will be hitting for C-Bills in November, I believe.

Documentation is still spotty, however, with the new UI, they have warnings in the mechlab that tell you what's going on wrong with your mech (including Ghost Heat) So now EVERYONE knows the Ghost heat limits. They still don't know how much extra heat is generated, but at least they know the design is ghost heating.

As for Gauss, that is, in my opinion, the best modification they have made in this game. Hands down. Gauss used to be a ridiculous weapon before they added the charge mechanic. Everyone was slapping it on whatever mech could field it, because it was just too good at all ranges. With charge, it suffers in close range brawls, but it's still an excellent long range weapon.

It takes a bit to get used to it, but it works just fine. Another tip for it: If you are having problems with figuring out when it's ready, assign the Gauss rifle to all your empty weapon groups, when Gauss is charged, it's group lights up with a green light on your cross hairs, and with it being on multiple groups, you'll get proper, and very visible warning that you are fully charged.

Go take a look at the trial Hunchback, and trial stalker. Both have ghost heat, and the mechlab shows you a warning for them.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 22 October 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#30 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 October 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

With charge, it suffers in close range brawls, but it's still an excellent long range weapon.

Tell that to the poor Locust on the OpFor I shot in the back on Mining at under 100m with my War Hawk, in the castle....
Seeing that little bug go squish was worth it! :lol:

#31 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:14 PM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 22 October 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

I thought you were referring to eyes.

My eyes are always moist. If they're not, something is wrong. That means that things that "make my eyes moist" are as exciting as watching grass wither in the summer sun.

#32 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

@IraqiWalker
Thank you.

Debating buying Timberwolf for cash since it was my favorite in previous games. What does changing your faction do? Community Warfare isn't in yet though?

I was fine using the Gaus in my Stalker Misery but it really feels like I'm playing Skyrim charging it up like the Skyrim bow mechanics. Mildly annoying to sync it with the large lasers.

I think the Gaus should just have a longer cycle time like it did in other Mech warrior Games like 7 or 8 seconds. Gaus bow is annoying and just dumb. Longer cycle time makes it great for sniping but bad if someone is right next to you and you need to fire again right now.

#33 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostAthena Pryde, on 24 October 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

@IraqiWalker
Thank you.

Debating buying Timberwolf for cash since it was my favorite in previous games. What does changing your faction do? Community Warfare isn't in yet though?

I was fine using the Gaus in my Stalker Misery but it really feels like I'm playing Skyrim charging it up like the Skyrim bow mechanics. Mildly annoying to sync it with the large lasers.

I think the Gaus should just have a longer cycle time like it did in other Mech warrior Games like 7 or 8 seconds. Gaus bow is annoying and just dumb. Longer cycle time makes it great for sniping but bad if someone is right next to you and you need to fire again right now.

I'd hold off on buying the Timber Wolf for cash, in just about a month it will be out for c-bills anyways, so save your money, use that MC for XP to GXP to level them up.

Also remember that now all S pods contain jump-jets so a lot of old builds for the Timber Wolf do not work as well as they used too, and people seem to be losing their minds over that.

#34 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 October 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'd hold off on buying the Timber Wolf for cash, in just about a month it will be out for c-bills anyways, so save your money, use that MC for XP to GXP to level them up.

Also remember that now all S pods contain jump-jets so a lot of old builds for the Timber Wolf do not work as well as they used too, and people seem to be losing their minds over that.

Inflexible fools if you ask me. It only cost them 5 slots. If they crammed it that much with LRM ammo/4xLRM15s+artemis, they were doing it wrong in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users