Discussion for new Rewards system

120 replies to this topic

#1 HUBA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

The new system looks promising and might result in a different play style.

Here is something that could be improved. Lance Formation should be reduced to 3 out of the lance because DC still happens sometimes also a light should be able to scout and not forced into the 130m radius.

#2 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

They pay you to stay with the heavies and assaults instead of running off and getting killed or letting your bigger mechs getting flanked and killed.

Protected Light:

Be in a light 'Mech.
Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 weight classes higher.
Both are engaged.
Reward occurs every 8 seconds.

Protected Medium:

Be in a medium 'Mech.
Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 weight classes higher.
Both are engaged.
Reward occurs every 8 seconds.

Found in the patch notes ^^^^^^^

#3 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostHUBA, on 21 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

The new system looks promising and might result in a different play style.

Here is something that could be improved. Lance Formation should be reduced to 3 out of the lance because DC still happens sometimes also a light should be able to scout and not forced into the 130m radius.

Lights scouting is fine. They should go out and come back if it gets to hot and enjoy the bonuses of being in lance formation and the protection perks for being near big brothers and sisters.

Although it would be swell if the MM put PUGs in lances by weight class where possible. So the bottom 4 lightest in Charlie lance, and the next lightest in Bravo lance, and the heaviest in Alpha lance. That will go far with the notion of proximity payouts.

DC's on the other hand just suck, but we all live with it.

#4 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Well, in the last round, which by all means was absolutely terrible, I had my hunch blown off in the first 2 mins by some focus fire from some heavy boats while mistaking my position as being protected by the illusion of my team pushing forward, and did a total of 110dmg. Did destroy at least one component and got several "protected position" rewards.

Total rewards for the round, which was lost, was 27,000 cbills. Was it possible pre-patch to make that little from a round? Even one in which you did this poorly?

Edited by POWR, 21 October 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#5 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

I'd like to add - Has anyone been getting odd flanking bonuses sometimes? Just a few minutes ago I got a flanking bonus on Caustic for "flanking" a mech that I never saw. It alerted me to an enemy mech being nearby before I knew it was there.

#6 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostColby Boucher, on 21 October 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'd like to add - Has anyone been getting odd flanking bonuses sometimes? Just a few minutes ago I got a flanking bonus on Caustic for "flanking" a mech that I never saw. It alerted me to an enemy mech being nearby before I knew it was there.

I flanked with my LRMs :P

#7 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

Protected Light:
  • Be in a light 'Mech.
  • Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 weight classes higher.
  • Both are engaged.
  • Reward occurs every 8 seconds.
Could you define "Close"?? Why not say Heavy/Assault instead of 2 "weight classes higher" or am I misunderstanding what "Weight Class means (I thought it meant Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault)?

Protected Medium:
  • Be in a medium 'Mech.
  • Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 weight classes higher.
  • Both are engaged.
  • Reward occurs every 8 seconds.

Same as above ... Define "Close" and why not just say "Assault"?

Edited by CaptRosha, 21 October 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#8 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:03 PM

....overall endgame rewards seem decreased.

Just had a game with C-bill rewards through the roof. I guess with the new system there will be heavy swings in both directions.

Edited by Mechrophilia, 21 October 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#9 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Wow.... had a really bad game with the new atlas, started with a DCed highlander and as soon as we found the other team main force, 2 lances of mechs turned to chase a single mech in the opposite direction. In the end it was a 1 Assist match because that was all our team killed. Couldn't even get lance bonuses because the Disconnect was in my lance. Grand total... 17,000 Cbills... pathetic... it shouldn't be possible to earn less than half the cost of a consumable even from a terrible match. Which admittedly I think it's the worst match I've even played, but still... something makes it even more disheartening to come out of a stomping like that and earn less than the cost of 2 DHS for the experience.

Edited by Kreisel, 21 October 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#10 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

The bonuses for sticking with your team really only amounts to a few hundred over a game so they are inconsequential for how much you really make over a match.

#11 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

We've made some pretty extensive changes to the Rewards system, and users will see some noticeable differences compared to the original system. Full details on these changes can be found in the Patch Notes, under the Gameplay entry.

We're going to continue evaluating the new Reward system as match information comes in.

#12 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

I am just loving the new system.. I have noticed that it is much more about how you play, than if you win... Aka, have a good match, and even if the team looses, you still get a nice chunk of C-bills/XP.

On the flip side, doing things like scouting, flanking, hit and run, getting mechs to chase you, all seem to help increase your totals. So nice to see something other than just doing MAX damage as a way to help your team win, and be rewarded..

Very, very cool!

#13 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

Agreed. Nice to see more diverse rewards for actions that actually help the team.

#14 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

I am not sure about this new system, I played a game in my Dire Wolf and got a fast rushing team, leaving me the option to snipe from the side. The flanking awards popped up all the time, and without premium I was able to get 2700 Xp. In my opinion, this looks a bit too much rewarding for someone who was not a teamplayer.

#15 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Hi,

Just finished a few games this evening. Noticed my c-bills and mech xp are both down 30-50% per match win or lose in comparison to similar matches over the past few nights. Playing three different chassis with three different play styles. I hope this gets re-balanced once you can see average match takings are down. Or is it just me? :)

Cheers

Codestar

#16 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

i didnt even realize this was happening very cool!!

#17 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

Rewards 2.0 = Superb.

#18 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostCodestar, on 21 October 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

Hi,

Just finished a few games this evening. Noticed my c-bills and mech xp are both down 30-50% per match win or lose in comparison to similar matches over the past few nights. Playing three different chassis with three different play styles. I hope this gets re-balanced once you can see average match takings are down. Or is it just me? :)

Cheers

Codestar

I want to be careful not to offend, because that is not my aim at all.. But the new scoring system rewards team cooperation and tactics rather than just smash points. It also seems to really carve out nicely role warfare giving rewards for those different play styles. If you find your XP and C-bill totals are down, try to re-examine your playing style to see where you can more align it with the rewards system and I think you will see those totals begin to climb.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 21 October 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#19 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Merging all Rewards 2.0 threads into this one and Pinning.

#20 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

I also love the spirit. Still need time to get more samples, but I'm generally receiving more than I used to, but I play lights and mediums so that's only expected and fair, since previous system was unfair to those two weight classes.

There is one thing that is wrong though, it's not big but it's bad. Lance bonus, if your random lance mate is afk you'll never get it unless a light kills it early. Also don't quite understand the inspiration for it, you mean that if your fellow light raven goes out scouting that's bad team play??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users