Hot Fix - 1.3.345.1

157 replies to this topic

#41 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

uhhh I don't have any clan mechs but if you don't want the jumpjets, just don't equip the Timber - S torso's? Isn't that right? :huh:

#42 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Bravo! What rewards are being removed?

#43 P5YCO

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

My concern with the hotfix is I've been enjoying the as7d, i can't remember what i pre ordered to get it, could have been the phoenix reinforcement pack, I just can't remember. I'll be gutted if its taken away. And if so, will i get it back of i pre order the clan resistance pack?!

#44 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

so Kills are worth 4000, Kill damage is worth 5000, Solo kill(needing both previous) is worth 10000,
is this working as intended, or is it supposed to not give you all 3 only the last if conditions are met?

my Question is is Solo kill supposed to replace the Kill and kill damage?
as both together are worth 9000, and Solo kill is worth 10000, all 3 together seem way like too much,
as it sits assist is worth 2500-3500, and a solo kill is worth 19000, this is encouraging kill stealing,

===Could a DEV Comment on this please?===

Edit- Question

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 22 October 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#45 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Some rewards do seem abusable, like solo kill for disconnects and so on.. make solo kills closer to a duel where both sides will have to have fired on each other. Or cut solo kills rewards down 50% and make the other 50% a duel reward if both killer and killed fired on each other.

#46 clip5

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostP5YCO, on 22 October 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

My concern with the hotfix is I've been enjoying the as7d, i can't remember what i pre ordered to get it, could have been the phoenix reinforcement pack, I just can't remember. I'll be gutted if its taken away. And if so, will i get it back of i pre order the clan resistance pack?!

Same here regarding the confusion as to why I got an Altas. I've bought the Jester and the 3 Timber Wolves ala carte, but I don't believe that justifies an Atlas. If you remove it, I won't be heartbroken. (Of course, you could let me keep it for being honest :rolleyes: .)

#47 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

View Postclip5, on 22 October 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

Same here regarding the confusion as to why I got an Altas. I've bought the Jester and the 3 Timber Wolves ala carte, but I don't believe that justifies an Atlas. If you remove it, I won't be heartbroken. (Of course, you could let me keep it for being honest :rolleyes: .)

I'm fairly sure the a la Carte timby's would make you qualified for the award :)

#48 Thunden

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Alright, it seems that a bunch of you did not read the patch notes...

Solo Kill: Achieve both "Kill Most Damage" and "Solo Kill" (Dev typo, should read Killing Blow) for the same target.

So... no kill stealing, you have to get the most damage on a target and the killing blow in order to get this reward.

Make Lance Formation something that goes up with allied mechs in the area but not tied to some silly concept of lances.

Airox, I don't think you have a history with the property, or the military, lances (or fire teams) are not a silly concept, but the lowest level of tactical element and are important for command and control.

Additionally, beyond hit and run that was already addressed,

Add focus fire reward for more mechs hitting the same target at the same time.

Focus Fire Reward

--> Focus Fire Reward <--

This should only be a bonus for IS mechs, as clans only very rarely focus fire (if zellbrigen is broken) http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zellbrigen

Edited by Thunden, 22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#49 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

slightly better I'll try afew more games after the hotfix and see what it's like then...

#50 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for listening PGI.

#51 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

A la carte qualifies for the Atlas 100%.

Phoenix qualified you for it. All pre orders count, including late a la cartes up until release yesterday.

Edited by Greenjulius, 22 October 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#52 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostAirox, on 22 October 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

If that is the case then make Hit and Run reward reflect that.
Option A:Require being in a light mech to get reward.
Option B:Require running away at a minimum speed of 100kph for at least a few seconds.

Sometimes running away just requires ducking down behind a ridge, or even circling around a target. That restriction on it doesn't really make much sense. Also you should probably expand it to mediums as well since some of them should be doing it as well.

#53 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

A loss.

Posted Image

A victory

Posted Image

No premium just the 30% cbill as this was with the new AS7-S in the loss and I think I was using a newly acquired SCR in the last SS.

I found that if I played a little differently than I normally do and tweaked my build just a bit I could start raking in the rewards. Also these were pug drops from today.

#54 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

You have an overlord icon by your profile. You got the top Phoenix pack, so you're also getting a King Crab.

#55 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

I like seeing the increases (especially to losses, that was the big one) but Lance Formation still appears to be lacking. Staying is lance formation for the *entirety* (very hard to do) of an ~7min match still nets you a mere 3360Cb. In other words, it's more worth my while to break formation and score that 9th or 10th assist than it is to stick with my main group. I feel like 350Cb / 15s (9800Cb is done perfectly for 7mins) would be a better effort - reward ratio. The metric I like in my head is "if I'm in a premade group and stick in tight formation with my entire lance for the duration of a match, I get 10,000 Cb over the duration."

#56 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Ala carte = Preorder = Atlas. You don't qualify for the King Crab

#57 SeanM

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

I feel like Narc needs more bonuses.

#58 Rise or Die

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • Location91***

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

Nice. The new bonus system is awesome

#59 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostThunden, on 22 October 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

This should only be a bonus for IS mechs, as clans only very rarely focus fire (if zellbrigen is broken) http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zellbrigen

That is a nice idea. And on the other hand, clans should also have bonuses for 1-on-1 combat (for example, trade fire for 3-5 rounds with a single opponent). That would bring some more flavor.

#60 Karkland

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

The changes look they could help alleviate concerns, particularly the pluses (de-nerfs?) to 'vanilla' assists and losses. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users