157 replies to this topic

#61 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

Just as feedback ...

I note that all of the adjustments are far more than the 5-10% mentioned in this post ...

http://mwomercs.com/...ate-rewards-20/

The changes listed in this thread are:

40% -Assists: From 2500 CB to 3500 CB / 20 XP to 40 XP
100% -Losses: 10000 CB to 20000 CB
300% -Capture Pulse: 25 CB to 100 CB
100% -Lance Formation: 60 CB to 120 CB
53% -Protected Medium: 65 CB to 100 CB
53% -Protected Light: 65 CB to 100 CB
63% -Protect Proximity: 55 CB to 90 CB

How could your initial telemetry indicate a 5 to 10% variation when these numbers are justified with a much larger variance in line with the player experiences posted in the feedback thread?

P.S. I am glad that you are making this change since it is more inline with my personal experiences ... but it would be appreciated that when you cite numbers that they be at least somewhat accurate :)

Edited by Mawai, 22 October 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#62 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostAirox, on 22 October 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Good step in the right direction! But a little more change needed....

Remove Tag rewards for brawling!

Remove Solo Kill altogether!

Make Lance Formation something that goes up with allied mechs in the area but not tied to some silly concept of lances.

Get rid of Hit and Run. This only encourages people to stop shooting!

Add focus fire reward for more mechs hitting the same target at the same time.

Focus Fire Reward

--> Focus Fire Reward <--
^

No, no, no, and NO! Light and medium mech pilots have been getting screwed since Beta on points and rewards, and so tis about time that we finally get some love. Not everyone has a single-minded focus on damage and kill scores.

#63 drizz786

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCardross Scotyland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Just a word of caution, with all the rewards popping up it made me think of a fps that's new and the same every ye ... well you get what I mean.
I do really like the thought behind the rewards just go easy please . Keep the sim bit in mind and yes I am being picky but don't need to know until the eor what my score is. Just a thought .

#64 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 October 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

This hot-fix will also include the removal of rewards which were incorrectly delivered in yesterday's patch.
Players experiencing any load-out issues are asked to strip and re-equip their 'Mechs to correct the issue.

So what was delivered wrong... and worse.... in most respects you guys screwed up and gave people stuff and now you want to take it back???? REALLY?

Now that is a huge **** up and making it worse by taking anything back. I would be ticked off. What was given out by mistake?

#65 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Since most mechs have had their ROLE earnings rewarded, why have assaults not been treated the same way?
I mean smaller mechs get things like hit and run, tagging/narc etc (yes, yes all chassis are eligible for the bonus but is it an assaults role to do this?), and dont get me wrong while some of these are exploitable it does seem a fairer system. But why no extra bonus for an assault doing what its meant to do, deal damage?
Say in an assault deal 300 damage get X bonus, deal 600 damage get XX bonus, deal 1k damage get XXX bonus?.
Just seems some of these bonus options are not handed out to all classes for doing their intended role, seems again bias towards Lighter mech classes.

#66 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostMawai, on 22 October 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Just as feedback ...

I note that all of the adjustments are far more than the 5-10% mentioned in this post ...

http://mwomercs.com/...ate-rewards-20/

The changes listed in this thread are:

40% -Assists: From 2500 CB to 3500 CB / 20 XP to 40 XP
100% -Losses: 10000 CB to 20000 CB
300% -Capture Pulse: 25 CB to 100 CB
100% -Lance Formation: 60 CB to 120 CB
53% -Protected Medium: 65 CB to 100 CB
53% -Protected Light: 65 CB to 100 CB
63% -Protect Proximity: 55 CB to 90 CB

How could your initial telemetry indicate a 5 to 10% variation when these numbers are justified with a much larger variance in line with the player experiences posted in the feedback thread?

P.S. I am glad that you are making this change since it is more inline with my personal experiences ... but it would be appreciated that when you cite numbers that they be at least somewhat accurate :)

Those rewards being bumped are only a small part of the overall income stream, so bumping them up by a large multiplier will still only modestly increase the income.

View PostIskareot, on 22 October 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

So what was delivered wrong... and worse.... in most respects you guys screwed up and gave people stuff and now you want to take it back???? REALLY?

Now that is a huge **** up and making it worse by taking anything back. I would be ticked off. What was given out by mistake?

They have the right to do that. It was a screw-up that they handed them out to begin with, yes, but anyone who got one without qualifying for it almost certainly knows that and shouldn't be surprised they're getting pulled.

#67 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostAirox, on 22 October 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Good step in the right direction! But a little more change needed....

Remove Tag rewards for brawling!

Remove Solo Kill altogether!

Make Lance Formation something that goes up with allied mechs in the area but not tied to some silly concept of lances.

Get rid of Hit and Run. This only encourages people to stop shooting!

Add focus fire reward for more mechs hitting the same target at the same time.

Focus Fire Reward

--> Focus Fire Reward <--
^

Should be something like the Lance formation award.

Slowly seeing the teal brethren gathering together more.

Though every now n then you have to go on a journey still...

#68 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

REMOVAL OF REWARD??? I bought MC, ala carte MAsakari and Kit fox bundle... I got both the centurion and atlas... are any of these in error? Pls advise so that I can stop playing them right now.

#69 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Yay for listening to feedback!

#70 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostBigBadVlad, on 22 October 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

uhhh I don't have any clan mechs but if you don't want the jumpjets, just don't equip the Timber - S torso's? Isn't that right? :huh:

Their complaint is that the TBR-S side torso's have (by a large margin) the best hardpoints. Forced JJ's on those torsos basically means they have to choose which hardpoints to use, and it's very difficult to use them all. Also, less tonnage available for them due to the JJ's themselves.

*shrugs* After some usage, even as a TBR pilot, I think it's a pretty good change. Before, you pretty much only used the S side torsos. Now, it's a tradeoff, an interesting choice.

View PostN0MAD, on 22 October 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Since most mechs have had their ROLE earnings rewarded, why have assaults not been treated the same way?
I mean smaller mechs get things like hit and run, tagging/narc etc (yes, yes all chassis are eligible for the bonus but is it an assaults role to do this?), and dont get me wrong while some of these are exploitable it does seem a fairer system. But why no extra bonus for an assault doing what its meant to do, deal damage?
Say in an assault deal 300 damage get X bonus, deal 600 damage get XX bonus, deal 1k damage get XXX bonus?.
Just seems some of these bonus options are not handed out to all classes for doing their intended role, seems again bias towards Lighter mech classes.

Unnecessary. The Assault already has increased armor and firepower, and as such is much easier to do high damage in and thus gain those (incredibly lucrative) Most Damage awards, Solo Kills, Kills, Assists, Damage Done, etc, etc.

#71 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yeah! Thanks for addressing earnings. I'm doing ok, but I run premium time. Those without were hurting.

#72 KingDavid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 154 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the fixes

#73 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

The rewards were adjusted to a value that is a bit too high. I loved it the previous way...
Some more tweaking (to the lower side now) is necessary now.

Edited by lunticasylum, 22 October 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#74 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 October 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

We have another Hot Fix scheduled for today!

As mentioned in yesterday's Patch Notes, our new Rewards 2.0 could be subject to change.
After reviewing the first day of data, we felt confident moving forward to Rewards 2.0.1 and cashing out more on:
-Assists: From 2500 CB to 3500 CB / 20 XP to 40 XP

-Component Destruction: 10 XP to 15 XP
-Losses: 10000 CB to 20000 CB
-Capture Pulse: 25 CB to 100 CB
-Lance Formation: 60 CB to 120 CB
-Protected Medium: 65 CB to 100 CB
-Protected Light: 65 CB to 100 CB
-Protect Proximity: 55 CB to 90 CB

This hot-fix will also include the removal of rewards which were incorrectly delivered in yesterday's patch.
Players experiencing any load-out issues are asked to strip and re-equip their 'Mechs to correct the issue.

This hot-fix is scheduled for 3PM PDT \ 6PM EDT \ 10PM UTC today, October 22nd.
Edit: Due to an issue discovered in testing, this hot-fix has been rescheduled for 10AM PDT \ 1PM EDT \ 5PM UTC tomorrow, October 23rd.
This will include a patch to the game files and to our servers and could take up to an hour to deploy and test.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for standing by!

This is great and all but is it not true that...

mo' money mo' problems?

:D

View PostPr8Dator, on 22 October 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

REMOVAL OF REWARD??? I bought MC, ala carte MAsakari and Kit fox bundle... I got both the centurion and atlas... are any of these in error? Pls advise so that I can stop playing them right now.

you're all good. proceed

#75 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

I was just very happy with the new reward system, and now it is buffed up to the point where enjoyment goes off a bit.
Please, tweak it down a bit and make the capturing speed lower (start with 6 'Mechs capturing a point for no less than 30 seconds with capturing modules).

#76 hazeman

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

The new rewards system is good...but there is one flaw that i see. It seems that i get less XP per match than usual. even during a normal match i would only get around 400-500 xp. that is too low?

maybe you could also add more XP rewards for the 'protections' rewards?

Edited by hazeman, 22 October 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#77 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Awesome, more good things. You guys are continuing to impress, thank you!

#78 Sgt Greyhawk

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

The new bumps to the award system is working quite well. Only had to adjust my play style a wee bit. Definitely love that the resistance package is getting the Atlas as well!

#79 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:01 AM

Well, this patch was expected. There is no way PGI could really know what to tweak until they had actual production environment statistics. I like the new reward system and am glad the tweaks to the numbers came early.

It is unfortunate that some people got the rewards by mistake... However mistakes happen and I do not think it is fair for any players who did not meet the criteria to complain when it gets retracted. You cannot always demand something you were not entitled to because it wasn't your fault you received it.

Think of scenarios like your employer transferring an incorrect salary amount into your bank account etc. They are entitled to reverse it regardless of whether you spent the money. Honesty :rolleyes:

#80 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 October 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

Appreciate the concern here.
The Centurion and Atlas rewards were intended only to those who purchased MC and\or Collections. If we let the few accounts which received them incorrectlykeep those 'Mechs, we get inundated with tickets along the lines of: "Well my friend XYZ got it because of a mistake", "I should get one too", "It's only fair", and so forth. From a different perspective, those arguments aren't wrong either when compared to your own.

While we appreciate those players who got those 'Mechs incorrectly might wish to keep them and may be upset that this error on our part will only be a demo; We can at least offer them this opportune moment to strip the parts for C-Bills. Furthermore, we are giving one more extension to the reward program by running another injection of Atlas AS7-S on the 4th, giving those who wish to pick up the Resistance package a chance to correctly earn this reward too.

Hope this sheds some light on your concerns.

Extension?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users