Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

Posted Image

There ya go.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

A lot of details missing, starting with the mech you piloted, and the loadouts.

#3 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 October 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

A lot of details missing, starting with the mech you piloted, and the loadouts.

CN9-AH, AC20, 3xSRM4, XL260

#4 Duran Vancor

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

You got 4 kills in that match.

A total of 3 people in your team can get 4 kills each. The other 9 and all 12 enemies will earn significantly less.

Looking at an individual, earnings might be higher, but the entire playerbase on average makes waaaaaaay less then before.

Edited by Duran Vancor, 23 October 2014 - 12:41 AM.

#5 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

You bathe in money for doing solo kills and get next to nothing for assists.

How is that promoting team play again?

Edited by Kmieciu, 23 October 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#6 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:04 AM

Currently it seems that if you do decent damage but dont get the most damage reward/solo kill rewards, you get mediocre rewards because kill assists alone are not much. Heavies/Assaults need to get a lot of most damage/solo kills to get decent rewards (excluding TAG/NARC from the discussion) as they are too slow to cap.

This seriously penalizes new players who cannot match the damage output of veterans who will be easily bagging the majority of most damage/solo kills in a match. It also penalizes LRMs since they are doing relatively low damage and only getting the kill assist reward + occasional flanking award.

Solution : increase the kill assist reward, but make all damage based rewards (killing blow, assist, etc) based on damage. If you just scratch a mech with a laser, you get much lower rewards compared to someone who did the 2nd highest damage on an enemy mech.

Solo kills is great because previously you got rewarded the same whether or not you took a mech down yourself...which typically left your mech severly beaten up if it was a close fight, and then your rewards for the rest of the match was gimped because your mech is already swiss cheese. It now accurately rewards you for the damage done.

#7 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

View Postsneeking, on 23 October 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

a one size fits all reward system shouldn't exist, an assult should score highest for raw damage and kills and the other end of the scale a light should score most on spots tags narks and assists.

What about fire support lights, like the new Panther? That's not designed to spot, TAG, or Narc at all. It's designed to provide heavy direct-fire support for light lances.

View Postsneeking, on 23 October 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

by lowering all rewards to a basic level then applying class and chassis specific multipliers to individual rewards you could properly encourage and rightfully reward the desirable behaviours.

think of it like quirks but for the rewards system, this way it would be very easy to reward a huginn differently to a 3L for its behaviors in the field.

This, on the other hand, is a great idea.

Reward quirks for a 'mech's intended role - brilliant :)

#8 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 23 October 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

It also penalizes LRMs since they are doing relatively low damage and only getting the kill assist reward + occasional flanking award.

This part is not quite correct.

LRM builds GREATLY benefit from the new rewards, however to do so requires play that your team mates may not appreciate. In PUG matches that really is moot but in group drops, where LRM's are ineffectual, the rewards remain low.

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

It seems this system makes it easier to make more money than the old one, at the risk of getting less.

Hot fix coming today might let someone reach 300k without bonuses.

#10 Duran Vancor

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Posted Image

Stormcrow Prime, 6 ERML, 1 ERLL, no tag, no narc

Explain to me this match. It's one of my best matches, since I'm average and get carried by my new overpowered Stormcrow. Such a match would have giving me a fortune, yet I got less than you in your example

#11 Rehl

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

The OP's screen shot doesn't show anything above salvage bonus, so there is a lot of information missing - I would be pretty interested to see it. Personally, I'm getting on average around 150k per win on my new Centurion: AC 20, SRM 4, SRM 2, 265XL (still not done fixing it up). I'm okay with it - though I don't use consumables, and I realize that using them could be a net loss if I were to do so. It's a fun little ride, but Cbill gain is still too slow, in my view, considering how pricey things (consumables, and mechs in general) are. Bring prices down, or boost Cbill gain, says I. I just don't have the time for that much grinding. Wish I did, but I just don't.

Edited by Rehl, 23 October 2014 - 03:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users