Karma Koin Mc Sale

68 replies to this topic

#41 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

There's a little "gotcha" here with the Karma Koin cards for those NOT in the US...
The value displayed on this site and the Karma site is in US dollars.

I bought a $50 voucher, in Australia.
Found out that this is around $47 US and it means that I couldn't get the $50 (US) amount of MC with that associated 20% bonus.

I had to get the $30 plus $15, which netted me with a couple $ extra that I have no hope of spending; you can't top up with smaller amounts; and I ended up with NOT BENEFITING AT ALL from the bonus.
Here's why:
Non-Karma Koin MC purchase: - US$49.95 nets you 12000 MC, around A$55
Karma Koin MC purchase - US$29.95 + US$14.95 is 11400MC, around A$48.00, with a A$50 card.

There is NO $6.95 KK card, smallest amount is A$10.

So... NO benefit for Australian KK users.

Nice "gotcha"...

Tee

Edited by Johnny Two Legs, 28 October 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#42 Intelekt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostAinthe, on 26 October 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

I stopped at a local Gamestop and found Karma Koin in $10, $25, and $50 increments.

MWO accepts MC purchases with Karma Koin in the following increments:

$99.95
$49.95
$29.95
$14.95
$6.95

So what exactly am I suppose to do with a .05 balance Karma Koin card?

Yes, I suppose after *139* Karma Koin MC purchases you will have enough to purchase the lowest Karma Koin MC purchase.

I rather have PGI round Karma Koin MC purchases to the nearest dollar and earn .05 more then leave .05 with Karma Koin that I will never redeem.

This ^ Bought a 10$ card just on a whim today.. Now looks like im paying $10 for 1500 MC.. Wait huh? I just got ripped off cause I cant use this card anywhere else.. Thanks again PGI!

Edited by Intelekt, 28 October 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#43 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 October 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

This is all I could find for an "online" version with the code sent to your e-mail... assuming you don't want to go to a store.. and there's "no limit" (outside of the "supply" they have).

http://www.pcgamesup...mes/Karma-Koin/

Of course, this is all at your own risk... so good luck.

Just finished purchasing a card from here using my PayPal credit, wanted to verify for any interested parties that it's perfectly legit. NewEgg worked as well.

#44 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

i just bought some, $10, the $6.95 smallest MC works out to $8.99 or so in the exchange rate so i have one dollar and 1 cent left on the card, pretty sweet deal if i combine the card or need to make a 99c purchase somewhere else. and i got 1500 MC for the price of 1250.

For the first time in ages i have empty mech bays and still have all my mechs :)

#45 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostJohnny Two Legs, on 28 October 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

There's a little "gotcha" here with the Karma Koin cards for those NOT in the US...
The value displayed on this site and the Karma site is in US dollars.

I bought a $50 voucher, in Australia.
Found out that this is around $47 US and it means that I couldn't get the $50 (US) amount of MC with that associated 20% bonus.

I had to get the $30 plus $15, which netted me with a couple $ extra that I have no hope of spending; you can't top up with smaller amounts; and I ended up with NOT BENEFITING AT ALL from the bonus.
Here's why:
Non-Karma Koin MC purchase: - US$49.95 nets you 12000 MC, around A$55
Karma Koin MC purchase - US$29.95 + US$14.95 is 11400MC, around A$48.00, with a A$50 card.

There is NO $6.95 KK card, smallest amount is A$10.

So... NO benefit for Australian KK users.

Nice "gotcha"...

Tee

This applies for anything out of US.

In other words, it's better to buy MCs not using Karma Koins if you have no other use for it.

#46 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostIntelekt, on 28 October 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

This ^ Bought a 10$ card just on a whim today.. Now looks like im paying $10 for 1500 MC.. Wait huh? I just got ripped off cause I cant use this card anywhere else.. Thanks again PGI!

lol, a $10 card means you should be getting 1798.56 MC but you are not.

Like what I've said, if you have no use for Karma Koins, just buy MC using the traditional method.

#47 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

First of all I am not working for PGI. I am posting this for the sake of people that is looking to buy Karma Koins and doesn't want to crack their head over an equation.

Just buy these for the promotion, any other combinations is BS.

1) 3x$10 USD
2) 1x$50 USD

Those 2 are the real savings with a $0.05 left over which is negligible. Uness you have a use for Karma Koins somewhere else, if not, forget about the 'promotion'.

Hope that save some brain cells.

#48 All Nine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

I got $30 worth of cards in $CDN, and now I'm stuck with ~$27 worth of credit with no way to top up to get the $30 MC pack I wanted. Sent PGI support two e-mails, no response. You'd think a Canadian company would be interested in attracting Canadian customers, but no sir.

I was just getting back into spending money for the first time in over a year because it seemed like PGI turned over a new leaf...Guess I better take these Koins and find something else to spend them on. Sigh.

#49 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

Just to provide a positive experience amid the landscape of (mostly legitimate)* negative posts, I got 20% more MC through this promotion. The only cost is a $0.05 Karma Koin balance that I will likely never use and I certainly don't care about.

Thanks PGI!

*I understand why those living abroad who cannot take advantage of this promotion are upset, and I hope PGI hosts a similar promotion soon that you can take advantage of.

#50 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

So I decided after many moons of not giving PGI money, what the hell you I'll pickup 25 bucks in karma koin while I'm out shopping and get some stuff on sale this weekend. Come to find out that 25 bucks leaves me with 3 bucks left over on the card. You guys might make a little more money off me if you let me use that 3 bucks towards another MC pack but for now, I'll sit on it. Just an idea... and I prolly won't use this in the future cause basically I have to spend 50 bucks to get my full cards worth out of this so it's kinda a fail to me. Yeah I got 20% more MC but I left about 15% of the value on the card so it's a wash. Rather disappointed right now... give us the option to spend the balance on something else/ combine payments or I'll see if Gaijin or war gaming will let me use it.

#51 Intelekt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

I also sent an email to support with no response as to what the hell I am supposed to do with the other $3.49 on the card.. Waste of money and they should have been very clear in the advert.

Edited by Intelekt, 03 November 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#52 All Nine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

...aand I apparently misread the initial post about the day the sale ended. Guess I'll go sell this to one of my friends who plays PoE or something. Would have expected that PGI wanted to take my money, but I suppose not.

#53 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostAll Nine, on 31 October 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I got $30 worth of cards in $CDN, and now I'm stuck with ~$27 worth of credit with no way to top up to get the $30 MC pack I wanted. Sent PGI support two e-mails, no response. You'd think a Canadian company would be interested in attracting Canadian customers, but no sir.

I was just getting back into spending money for the first time in over a year because it seemed like PGI turned over a new leaf...Guess I better take these Koins and find something else to spend them on. Sigh.

Like what my post said, if you are not using native US dollars, it's better just to stick to the traditional MC buying method. The exchange rate adds to further confuse people.

#54 Johndar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSome place I shouldn't be

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

At my local 7-11 They had a Karma Koin that was variable in amount. I could put anywhere from $15-500 on it. I put $30 on it and have $0.05 left over. Small price for the extra MC.

#55 KalTorak18

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

Just be mindful that the Karma Koin site does not use SSL. So, if you try to combine your cards, it's possible someone may steal your pin. I emailed their support department about that and they closed my ticket with a reply that didn't even come close to answering my question.

#56 Intelekt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

That was most certainly my first, and last time buying Karma Koin, so thanks for that experience PGI..

On another note, got a little over 3$ sitting on a Karma Koin card if anyone wants to send me an action figure for it.. I really like action figures.. Especially the kind with the karate chop action or kung-fu grip!

#57 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

I'll buy a Karma Koin again but buyer beware if you wanna get the full value of a Karma Koin sale (if PGI does them again) buy 50 bucks worth. I'll do it again because the local family dollar sells them in 25 increments and if I spend over so much once during the week they print a 5 dollar coupon to use during the weekend so buy a 25$ card, get the coupon... go back saturday get the other 25% card with 5 bucks off then get 20% extra MC? Wouldn't be bad. But really I'll stick to paypal in the future unless we have another Karma Koin sale but I'd really like to be able to have something I could spend this 3 bucks I have on my card on... lol Gaijin let's you buy gold for 99 cents, just sayin'...

I'm gonna say at least this Karma Koin purchase does go to a good cause (dunno how much, prolly not much), but yeah overall I'm not thrilled with my Karma Koin purchase.

Edited by MrWhite, 06 November 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#58 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostMrWhite, on 06 November 2014 - 03:10 AM, said:

I'm gonna say at least this Karma Koin purchase does go to a good cause (dunno how much, prolly not much), but yeah overall I'm not thrilled with my Karma Koin purchase.

You realize you can combine the cards at the Karma Koin website?

I bought several and combined them to get the 100$ pack of MC.
(Which added up to an extra 15$ worth of MC with the sale)

Only have 5cents left on the card
Which - 5cents left is well worth the extra 15$ gained, I think. :rolleyes:

#59 Gaird

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCasper WY USA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

I would say PGI is trying after the death of UGC. However, their MC package values are not reflective of the Karma Koin values. I have a few Karma Koin cards with close to $4 US on them that I can't use. So once again PGI does something half-assed. I hope one of these days you guys do something with some forethought. In the mean time, I am now regretting the money I have spent on this game. I am a huge Battle Tech fan. I find it disappointing that PGI has not been able to pull their act together in the few years they have been doing this. I think I have wasted enough time on hope.

#60 Malsumis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Aren't you able to get a Karma Koin card that you can load up any amount between $10 - $100? Rather than just buying the cards that are for a preset amount?

Also, aren't you able to just purchase a prepaid VISA or Mastercard and put any amount you want on it and just use that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users