• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

Not true.
Post Clans
the Jager takes that honor hands down. The Phract might be a little behind in that dubious honor.
No two heavies were hit harder by the clans mobility and overall firepower imo.

Life as a Dragon actually is easier post clans than it was before. Same with the TDR.

Jager though...definitely the worst...maybe the Quickdraw is worse.

Well I agree with this one

The turrets love my Jager

My big mistake was getting one for my first Mech
I was getting killed 20, 30 sometimes 40 times a day
They recently buffed it in the legs so that was nice

The big problem is when they Nerf the AC the Jager can’t switch to something else
The rate of fire on the tiny AC2 is a joke
There is no torso twisting since that's the weak point
The rate of fire for the AC20 is so slow you will be dead before your 4th shot goes out, not to mention you need a second crosshair if you pair with another gun
If you carry two then you won’t have enough ammo

I can go on and on about the POS Jager I call it

#142 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

You must be joking... Jagermech isn't even close to being the worst mech! It's an amazing mech... you just need to learn how to use it, no offence...

#143 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

View PostYosharian, on 26 October 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

You must be joking... Jagermech isn't even close to being the worst mech! It's an amazing mech... you just need to learn how to use it, no offence...

Like I keep saying, this is a very subjective topic...

#144 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 25 October 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Not true.
Post Clans
the Jager takes that honor hands down. The Phract might be a little behind in that dubious honor.

Life as a Dragon actually is easier post clans than it was before. Same with the TDR.

The big problem is when they Nerf the AC the Jager can’t switch to something else
The rate of fire for the AC20 is so slow you will be dead before your 4th shot goes out, not to mention you need a second crosshair if you pair with another gun

I tried hard to find a correct sentence from this post.

I failed.

#145 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 24 October 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Dragon, Quickdraw, post-geometry Catapult, some people even say the Thunderbolt. Clanners will say the Summoner, but I'm not sure it's really a contender. Take your pick.

Post-Geometry catapult isn't worse than it used to be, it just looks silly.

Summoner is the worst clan heavy of the 3 out right now, but that's like saying you only won 3rd place at the Kentucky Derby. The Summoner is still effective and better than some IS heavies.

Dragon has generally poor hardpoints, bad hit boxes, no JJs, and a lack of tonnage to mount weapons en mass and get good speed (which is what you need to make up for bad hit-boxes). In skilled hands, it isn't bad, but you can do better.

The Quickdraw has better weapon placement and hardpoints (though it lacks Balistics) and JJs, but it runs hot, is freaking huge, and has tonnage issues as well (It's at the wrong end of the JJ Weight change, being the lightest mech with 1 ton JJs).

Some of the Dragon and Quickdraw issues are caused by being 60 ton mechs, but not all of them. T-Bolts have some strong points, Catapults are still fine mechs, Jagers are strong, Cataphrats are good, and the Orion isn't bad, so it's Dragons and Quickdraws that drop down to the lowest rung of mechs in the heavy category.

#146 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

I disagree about the Dragon hardpoints... I love the arm-mounted weapons. Dragons are hard mode for sure but effective in the right hands. The Quickdraw is fragile but fast and jumps well. Good support mech but takes damage like crazy, especially in the legs ( although I suspect the quirk system will add damage resistance to the legs, and also to the Dragon CT. Watch out when that happens. )

I think the Thunderbolt is the worst of the heavies. While it is a bit more durable, the weapon hardpoints are atrocious for anything but boating medium lasers. No JJ except for 9SE, low engine cap... it's really a jack of no trades, especially compared to Catapults and Jagers at the same tonnage.

#147 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 25 October 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Not true.
Post Clans

Jagers have high mounted balistics and the tonnage to use them, and given IS balistics are a huge advantage, it's hard to agree with you there.

That said, some of it is personal taste. The facetanking Jagers like the 2xAC20 or MG based builds got hit, sure, but AC2, AC5, and even AC10 builds are stlll quite viable for a good combination of range, FLD, and heat.

View PostClydewinder, on 26 October 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

I disagree about the Dragon hardpoints... I love the arm-mounted weapons. Dragons are hard mode for sure but effective in the right hands. The Quickdraw is fragile but fast and jumps well. Good support mech but takes damage like crazy, especially in the legs ( although I suspect the quirk system will add damage resistance to the legs, and also to the Dragon CT. Watch out when that happens. )

I think the Thunderbolt is the worst of the heavies. While it is a bit more durable, the weapon hardpoints are atrocious for anything but boating medium lasers. No JJ except for 9SE, low engine cap... it's really a jack of no trades, especially compared to Catapults and Jagers at the same tonnage.

Many players hate arm mounted weapons because they lose them easily. It's all about play style and perspective.

The Dragon's problems with hardpoints is partially where they are, and partially the combo. The Victor is a good example of this. The Dragon Slayer's hardpoint layout is different from the other Victors, but the hardpoints themselves aren't, but the DS is considered one of the best Victors because of the layout.

Objectively, the Dragon and the Quickdraw are the most flawed Heavies. Doesn't mean they can't be good in the right hands.

#148 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

Just a reminder. A bad mech for YOU is not a bad mech for ALL. I hate Jagers and Cataphracts. Not my style of play. But I see them on the battlefield constantly doing good and being dangerous. What I don't see much of are Quickdraws and Dragons. That tells me they are not an optimal mech. Sure you get the occasional Fang or Flame here and there with the IV Four heroes that wreak some havoc, but they show up maybe once in 3 matches instead of nearly every match like JMs and CTFs.

You will know bad mechs by their absence because few enjoy running them.

#149 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

Worst heavy?

Awesome. Hands down.

And it is funny because it also ranks as worst assault mech.

#150 ThorsMjolnir117

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

So I fully understanding that we all have "God mode enabled" games and everyone also has crap games. As long as my team does not have more than 4 new players, 4 complete idiots (people who are just bad at the game), or I'm going against a team of sync droppers I do well in some of the so called "bad" mechs. That is unless the opposing team has just as many people of equal skill so we are ballanced. I love playing the Awesome actually. Here are some of my game movies from like 12-18 months ago. I haven't played in a year because I'm deployed. But I think I will be better after the buffs to some of my favorite mechs. They take a different kind of play style to be successful. https://www.youtube....IypRfE27NqDfXkw

#151 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

imho QKD plays best with standard engine... can zombie like a boss.
unlike most others i dont go with the standard kill-focused loadouts.
28 alpha is what i have on mine.
yet look at the screenshot in my sig... guess how much in-combat time it takes to go up there :D
also, my QKD has barely problems with overheating because i left the JJ away and filled it with DHS lol.
it soaks up alot of damage actually.
placement of the er large lasers is the best thing tho :D just bit lower than the cockpit. if you can use that wisely its hard to kill.
+
SHIELD ARMS!

got a dragon too. played orion and cataphract.... if you look for a easy and simple play then they are good.
dragons and quickdraws can be effective at whatever you plan to do tho. just takes a lot of time to get used to them.

so i dont like orion and cataphract. imho they are terrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users