#1 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Hi all,

Seeking everyone's opinion on this and this is not a whinge. I have already sent in a support ticket query re clarification of statement and will await their reply.

Yesterday I bought the BlackJack Package bundle. Part of the package list of contents states "BlackJack Mastery".

Now I assumed that this meant the the 3 BJs bought have already been Mastered but when checking my skills I am at basic.

Interestingly looking at other bundles some of them state "Everything you need to master..."

Now, have I completely misunderstood the meaning of the listed contents? Do you think that it is fair that this statement can be a little bit confusing/misleading in the least?

One aspect which helped convince me of the package's worth was the idea that I would not have to spend many hours grinding up the skills to Mastery Level. I already have lots of Premium time available and spare mechbays, CBills

Let me know your thoughts on this?

As stated earlier, this is not a complaint, more of a "would other people get mislead by this as well".

Cheers!
Eboli

#2 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

I believe it gives you the 3 variants required to master, since you need 3 of them to unlock master. It doesn't give the actual xp.

#3 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

nope, its "everything YOU need to master" them....doesn't say "pre-mastered"

its a hero, a champion and the "better" standard model, 30 days premium time and mechbays for the mechs (and statues where applicable) all at half of the MC cost

which is everything you need to master the chassis: 3 mechs and premium time to help you get XP faster.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 25 October 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#4 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

This game has never let you directly purchase skills. But good luck fishing for free stuff with your support ticket. ;)

#5 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

As I mentioned - not a whinge and still in the end happy with the price for what i get. Just shouldn't buy things at 2.00am :)

Just thought it may cause a little bit of misunderstanding by other buyers.

Cheers!
Eboli

#6 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostEboli, on 25 October 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

As I mentioned - not a whinge and still in the end happy with the price for what i get. Just shouldn't buy things at 2.00am :)

Just thought it may cause a little bit of misunderstanding by other buyers.

Cheers!
Eboli

yes...any decision made with AM at the end of it ussually ends badly for me as well

but as far as confusion goes...i think it would be a rare incident. but i see where you're coming from, especially for non-english speakers. not sure if it all translates well.

#7 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Anything that reduces lost-in-translation misunderstandings can only be good for the game. Thanks for your query. B)

#8 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

OP, if you had just started playing I could understand this question, but you're a Legendary Founder. ...are you freaking kidding me?! My 5 year son knows they don't come pre-mastered.

Edited by Ace Selin, 25 October 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#9 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 25 October 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

OP, if you had just started playing I could understand this question, but you're a Legendary Founder. ...are you freaking kidding me?! My 5 year son knows they don't come pre-mastered.

people always assume founder means they've stuck it out the entire time, my brother for example, bought a founders pack...played during closed beta...hasn't played since open beta...he has a pristine founder Cat sitting in his mechbay....just recently got him back into it a little bit and people were giving him a hard time because he was a founder...and well..honestly, he sucked....but it was his 3rd game back....so...whatcha gonna do?

besides, this is just a misunderstanding, doesn't require combat skills to misread or misinterpret something

EDIT: or misspell things....2:50 AM

Edited by KamikazeRat, 25 October 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#10 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

Ilove BJs. Have fun mastering them :)

#11 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

Don't come premastered, but you do get more premium time, and a champion/hero, so it's not gonna take long anyway

#12 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostEboli, on 25 October 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Cheers!
Eboli

Seems like the 'BLACKJACK MASTERY' text is the description for the package, which is kind of misleading, i have to agree. I knew from back when they introduced these packages what they are all about, so i didn't interpret it like you did, but i totally understand how one can interpret it that way. They should change it to the text that is shown in the Cataphract package for all others as well. Except for the 4 initial Master Bundles, all have this confusing description text.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 26 October 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

Ilove BJs. Have fun mastering them :)

*giggle*

ok...ill grow up

#14 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:30 AM

No big issue really and thanks to the people who actually understand the issue I was trying to point out.

Mastering three mech chassis gives a player better experience in knowing how they work and I don't mind spending money on a game that I support.

I think that PGI just needs to ensure that the wording they use leaves no possibility of confusion.

Cheers!
Eboli.

#15 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostEboli, on 25 October 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Hi all,

Seeking everyone's opinion on this and this is not a whinge. I have already sent in a support ticket query re clarification of statement and will await their reply.

Yesterday I bought the BlackJack Package bundle. Part of the package list of contents states "BlackJack Mastery".

Now I assumed that this meant the the 3 BJs bought have already been Mastered but when checking my skills I am at basic.

Interestingly looking at other bundles some of them state "Everything you need to master..."

Now, have I completely misunderstood the meaning of the listed contents? Do you think that it is fair that this statement can be a little bit confusing/misleading in the least?

One aspect which helped convince me of the package's worth was the idea that I would not have to spend many hours grinding up the skills to Mastery Level. I already have lots of Premium time available and spare mechbays, CBills

As stated earlier, this is not a complaint, more of a "would other people get mislead by this as well".

Cheers!
Eboli

I already brought this up in a post before letting them know that many players might misinterpret the Mastery item listed in the pack as the mechs being Mastered or something else. All purchased mechs start with 0 XP unless you played the trials but you do get 30 days premium with it to help you on your way.

#16 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

if it is not corrected yet toss support a tiket about the wording/formating so they can correct it. My guess is that someone in the early process caught the same problem as you and had the wording changed but missed the BJ pack. It happens. =)

Good catch i say.

#17 Dean

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDetroit metro area

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

hi there I am interested in the BJ bundle but already have the Arrow will they give me another one or discount me? my guess is they will give me another --- Dean

#18 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostDean, on 07 May 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

hi there I am interested in the BJ bundle but already have the Arrow will they give me another one or discount me? my guess is they will give me another --- Dean

They will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users