A Change To The Elo Is Needed

7 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

one thing i have noted with this latest medium and assault mechs for free..... If you play i the longer Que, you end up much more in a Cue of your skill level...

as i have been trying to level ravens, and the ones that are not as great... which i finally realized as my skill level has risen.

Why not push a cue with only 2 mechs on a certain type if only a few people fit that cue? It might make for much better matches...

Not to mention... for the love of god... Make ECM equal on each side!!!

Edited by JC Daxion, 25 October 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#2 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

They already made an attempt to get ELO closer. That didn't go over so well. Wait until after CW and maybe all these little things we've been asking for will be addressed

#3 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 October 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Make ECM equal on each side!!!

Agreed.

#4 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Make ECM equal on each side!!!

The thing about LRMs is that you really don't need ECM to deal with them. It's just that LRMs get more effective when entire teams are headless solo queue chickens and ECMs are simple enough that no one needs to coordinate for it.

I'm sort of against anything in how matchmaking works supporting the idea that the game should revolve around LRMs and ECM/TAG/NARC usage. They're just not very fun and/or interesting.

#5 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 26 October 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

The thing about LRMs is that you really don't need ECM to deal with them. It's just that LRMs get more effective when entire teams are headless solo queue chickens and ECMs are simple enough that no one needs to coordinate for it.

I'm sort of against anything in how matchmaking works supporting the idea that the game should revolve around LRMs and ECM/TAG/NARC usage. They're just not very fun and/or interesting.

Actually, One team not having ECM in any form allows an LRM heavy team to fire missiles with impunity.
An ECM covered team can advance over open ground with little fear of being overwhelmed by LRMs.

Not having ECM on your team also allows the enemy team to reveal your teams location instantly to their whole team.
Therein lies the problem with ECM, it needs to stop being a stealth field that dictates whether LRMs are useful or useless.

#6 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

Not to mention... for the love of god... Make ECM equal on each side!!!

How?

It's fine to say "here's your problem....fix it" and not explain how to fix it.

Are you saying an Atlas D-DC should be considered "equal" to a Spider 5-D because they both have ECM? What if there's only one D-DC in queue at any given time?

Don't misunderstand, I'd love to see equal ECM on both teams....or, better yet, see ECM treated as any other piece of equipment and allowed to be put on any mech. Then noone would have any reason to whine about it AND PGI would have to let Paul take his Football Bat to it.

#7 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostReitrix, on 26 October 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Actually, One team not having ECM in any form allows an LRM heavy team to fire missiles with impunity.
An ECM covered team can advance over open ground with little fear of being overwhelmed by LRMs.

Not having ECM on your team also allows the enemy team to reveal your teams location instantly to their whole team.
Therein lies the problem with ECM, it needs to stop being a stealth field that dictates whether LRMs are useful or useless.

When teams get together for organized matches though, ECM is almost never really used. I know we never even touch ECM and LRMs and we do absolutely fine against LRM heavy teams.

#8 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

ELO needs to be adjusted for the mech weight at drop. There should be 1 ELO , the pilot ELO, then at drop the actual ELO needs to be calculated by : Pilot ELO * (Mech Weight / 100)

ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, the pilot in the heavier mech will have a greater impact on the game.

And people crying about how OP'd ECM is should stop driving LRM boats. Your desire to fire at targets without putting yourself in danger does not mandate a game change.

Edited by nehebkau, 26 October 2014 - 06:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users