Best Way To Get Cbills

21 replies to this topic

#1 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

so what is the best way to get cbill other then having an bot play for your after this last cbill nerf

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

c-bill earnings were not nerfed, averages are up. I would start by reading the patch notes which outlines what activities have been added to earn c-bills http://mwomercs.com/...tch-notes-13345 as well as the hotfix which made some changes http://mwomercs.com/...hot-fix-133451/

Get your kills, assists ,& savior kills just like before. Staying with your lance, sticking to larger weight classes if you're smaller, flanking, spotting, all give bonuses.

Conquest gives the same rewards for kills & assists & everything else plus extra for directly capping and your resource bonus at the end.

I've gotten lots of "flanking" bonuses for hitting enemies at extreme range (outside of the base 800m targetting range) and a few of those will quickly add up.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

I agree with RedShift. There are A LOT more bonuses available now that really add up. They even added some on conquest for getting cap points and the points are captured more quickly. If you want to earn even more c-bills you will need to either buy a hero or champion mech or premium time. Or, if you want to be really, really silly, you can always buy a normal mech for MC and then sell it for c-bills. (No one will recommend doing this though.)

#4 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

well after the update I went from getting 100k cbills on average an that's from my elite level hunchabk 4SP to getting if im lucky 80K on an win and -1000 on an loss.

did premium time an I just felt like I was throwing my money away because its what I was getting before the system changed

Edited by kf envy, 28 October 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#5 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

so just running an commando with an TAG, NARC and ECM seem to be the way to get cbills now. not really my play style but works for now

#6 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

Assault mechs with LRM40+ and TAG go quite well, LRMs do a lot of damage, so you tend to get a lot of most damage dealt and solo kill rewards, in addition to the self tagging bonus. You also earn more by surviving until the end, as you get to take out already damaged mechs for the kills.

#7 Yziel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

I earn about 30k more per game than I did previously unless it's a 0-12 stomp. Just stick close to your lance, spot and shoot things. If you're in a light try to get the hit and run award as often as possible :)

#8 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:11 AM

A daring Light might also make some money with the Scouting bonus. Find the enemy first while pressing R like crazy gets you a nice bonus. Try and approach the enemy at an angle though, otherwise you'll be the focus for quite some firepower (unless you've got ECM)/

#9 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Play Lrms and/or be active. If you are always sitting in the back sniping you will not gain as much as you would if you where just behind your own line raining lrms. Now if you have a mix build (like a clan mech might have 4 medium lasers and some lrms) you can get bonuses at many different avenues. Also I find it easier to C-Bill grind in solo que where as when you drop in a group the match can end a lot quicker depending on how dominate one side is and this will limit C-Bills you can earn because when it is solo que and the match is drawn out and you are still alive doing more you get more. Ultimately you still get paid more by living longer and doing more for your team.

#10 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

The initial change affected my cbill earnings, especially during the tourney when my summoners were battered. Managed to recover and i'm slowly figuring out how to increase my earnings beyond simple kills/assists.

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

View Postkf envy, on 28 October 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

so just running an commando with an TAG, NARC and ECM seem to be the way to get cbills now. not really my play style but works for now

I've been getting more c-bills just for running my Heavies, no tag/narc/etc required. The team proximity bonuses & new rewards for flanking and hit&run have been paying me well for playing the same mechs I always was.

They system isn't perfect, but try to pay attention to the brand new ways you can earn rewards.

#12 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

View Postkf envy, on 28 October 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

so what is the best way to get cbill other then having an bot play for your after this last cbill nerf

Depending on your playstyle, you have to learn how to game the system. As Redshift suggested, read the patch notes and maximize rewards based on your playstyle.

I don't run Tag or Narc, which is what many are using to maximize earnings, so I've listed some of the rewards as a medium brawler that I try to concentrate on below.

Assists still reward really well, not as good as they used to, but still decent (3500). So try to "touch" as many of the enemy as you can. Of course, if it's skirmish or assault game mode, and your team loses, not every enemy you touch will end up as an assist, but if you win, you'll maximize that reward. When doing this it's easy to get lost in trying to land a hit on every mech, so be conscience of how the match is progressing so you don't hurt your team trying to farm C-Bills.

Brawling rewards add up too. This reward is only for Medium and Heavy mechs. During the tournament last weekend some of my best rewarded matches came from a 50 ton SRM loadout medium mech played in close.The Brawling is on top of the Solo Kill reward, so make your kill shots within 450m and that's an extra 4500.

Help your team mates. If you notice your assaults are under attack by a swarm of light mechs, come to his rescue. Savior kills still pay well too, 4500. If your in a medium or light mech, you'll earn the "proximity" reward. They are small, 100 CB, but are rewarded every 10 sec. You just have to be engaged and within 150m of a mech 2 weight classes above your own. Not hard to earn in a light mech.

On Conquest, an often overlooked reward is "1st Capture". It's a one time reward of 4500 per capture point, but there's little reason for you not to receive at least 1 or 2 of these per match. Flipping a base is rewarded too, so if your team mates are already in a capture point and it's still red, jump in with them and help flip the base, you'll be rewarded with 2500.

Hit and Run adds up quickly if you are dealing damage on the enemy without them knowing it. You don't necessarily have to "run", but just being sneaky and dealing damage to an enemy's backside with lasers without them noticing, especially if they are already engaged with a team mate, is counted as "Hit and Run."

I do worry about new players with this new reward system, but an experienced player like yourself should have no problem.

Jody

#13 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

View Postkf envy, on 28 October 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

well after the update I went from getting 100k cbills on average an that's from my elite level hunchabk 4SP to getting if im lucky 80K on an win and -1000 on an loss.

did premium time an I just felt like I was throwing my money away because its what I was getting before the system changed

The rewards are no longer based on just tagging people, but HOW you physically play the game and if you excel at a given role. The rewards add up quick, but you really have to pick and choose HOW you are going to fight.

If your a sniper, Load up on an extended sensor module, stay outside of 800 meters to rake in flanking / hit and run bonus' But at the same time, provide target locks with your extended sensor range to rake in spotting assists. (Flanking / hit and run, and other engagement based rewards add up MUCH quicker then "formation" bonus' so your going to want to make sure to put yourself in a situation to capitalize on what makes you money for the role you are in.)

If your a Brawler, you REALLY need to make sure you are in the fight. Brawling is an excellent reward, but it is ONLY given to you if you have a solo kill under 450 meters. So you cannot be timid and let others do the work for you and kill steal at the end YOU need to get in the fight, and make sure to slug out as much damage against a target as possible. Also, stay in tight formation to continually gain the formation bonus'.

And if your a missile boat, you need to do more then just camp behind a hill. You need to be in the mid-line, tagging opponents, and being sure you bombard those mechs in the open and really target either the "most damage" or "Solo kill" rewards.

Also, if you are going to be either brawling, or facing the enemy for any extended period of time, TAG and NARC are your friends. As the rewards these things provide are two of the contributing factors to many of the people getting 200 - 400k a match without premium time.

You can no longer expect to get by on just raking targets with medium lasers and farming. You need to outfit a mech to preform a certain role in combat, and MAKE SURE you play to that role in combat. Being "one foot in, one foot out" of different roles is why you are seeing many people have sub par results. If your using a sniper raven, you are not going to make much money engaging targets at 300 / 400 meter range while they are facing you and denying youself flanking and hit and run bonus'. You aren't going to make money in a brawler that just sits behind a pillar and waits for the enemy's to come to him.

The new reward system is fine, but it rewards people for PREFORMING in their roles in combat. Not by just raking a laser at the ball and getting 8-10 assists but nothing else a game.

#14 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

The new rules are encouraging team play. You do not get CBills only for combat anymore...you now get them for things like Scouting and Hit and Run (attack and then evade...I assume to discourage lemming behavior).

I have played under old and new rules and I do like the new rules better. My CBill take is about the same as it was before, but these new rules seem a lot more fair to me.

EDIT - Oh wow...so that is how Scouting works. I need to pay more attention to the patch notes.

http://mwomercs.com/...tch-notes-13345

Some of these are really clever. I like how they reward for scouting.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 30 October 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#15 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

constant tagging = big money. Here is my extremely plain Shadowhawk just tonight. I cut and pasted the entire rewards list so you can see the largest bonuses.

2x LLAS
3x SRM4
TAG
AMS
275XL
3 JJ

Posted Image

Edited by Spheroid, 30 October 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#16 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

Welcome to TAG/NARC/LRMwarrior Online

#17 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

Don't count on it.

Tag / Narc bug is getting patched out Tuesday.

Rake it in over the weekend while you have the chance. Come patch day, its gone.

#18 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

Buy a hero mech.

#19 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostSpiralFace, on 01 November 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

Don't count on it.

Tag / Narc bug is getting patched out Tuesday.

Rake it in over the weekend while you have the chance. Come patch day, its gone.

Yep I'm getting as many TAG kill bonuses as I can, over this weekend.

With premium + a hero mech they're worth 10,800 a piece.

#20 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

Allow me to add to this thread

if you have a mech that gives a c-bill bonus like a founders, Clan invasion prime, hero or the recent Atlas and centurion giveaway then I would recommend using it espicially if you have active premium which isn't hard to get with this current event going on

That 30% or 80% with premium really does add up for C-bill income

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users