#21 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostcSand, on 30 October 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

little bit dramatic don't you think

some of you guys could probably do with some vacation time from the forums. All that overtime, you gotta have a couple weeks banked at least :lol:

You have nothing better to do than tell people enjoying a forum for a game they like that they're wrong. Who's the ***** now?

#22 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 30 October 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

enjoying
enjoying
enjoying

I think our definitions may differ :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by cSand, 30 October 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#23 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 October 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

The Clan LPL in particular was already viable, and I suspect that it will be a complete rapecannon on November 4th. Perhaps even better than its original pre-nerf values.

Wubhawk Prime awaits is ascension.

Maybe the SPL and MPL for both sides might be finally worth using for a change. And the IS LPL, which is currently also bleh.

I use IS LPL & ML on my brawler builds and they do great in combo

#24 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:38 PM

View PostcSand, on 30 October 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

I think our definitions may differ :lol:

Posted Image

That's likely yet still... here you are.

#25 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

Russ stated that the BAP's range, for counter-ECM effects, is going to double in diameter.

That means that the total area of coverage by BAP's counter-ecm effects is going to quadruple.

If that's not an effective ECM counter, I don't know what will be.

Besides, you know, taking way the glued-on IFF effects from MW4.

#26 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 30 October 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

You have nothing better to do than tell people enjoying a forum for a game they like that they're wrong. Who's the ***** now?

he said without a hint of irony

#27 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 30 October 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

he said without a hint of irony

often

#28 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 30 October 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

often

*blank stare*

#29 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 30 October 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

*blank stare*

this face intentionally left blank

#30 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:51 PM

Frankly... I've had this argument with Paul (to no avail, because reasons) on his pulse laser balance in forever, and for some reason now it is recognized. I don't even know why it should have taken this long or seemingly so random now.

Unless Pulse Laser is dramatically different in functionality than regular lasers (like maybe, it would do more damage when focused at a certain section for a period of time), it really is a "low duration" laser, and putting inordinate amounts of heat on it as a penalty WHILE it consumes less tonnage and dishes damage at a lesser range than the non-pulse counterparts, it serves no special role outside of "hurting lights more effectively" (assuming, laser hitreg isn't your enemy).

Sometimes obvious logic seems to be ignored over egos or just plain ignorance to the matter. That's why I get so disappointed at certain balance changes... they are not even thought out or discussed in any proper context.

#31 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 October 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

They already did that.

They were worthless.

Hmm. I don't remember that but no biggie. I still think the burn times should be shorter esspecially for the large pulses.

#32 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 October 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Frankly... I've had this argument with Paul (to no avail, because reasons) on his pulse laser balance in forever, and for some reason now it is recognized. I don't even know why it should have taken this long or seemingly so random now.

Unless Pulse Laser is dramatically different in functionality than regular lasers (like maybe, it would do more damage when focused at a certain section for a period of time), it really is a "low duration" laser, and putting inordinate amounts of heat on it as a penalty WHILE it consumes less tonnage and dishes damage at a lesser range than the non-pulse counterparts, it serves no special role outside of "hurting lights more effectively" (assuming, laser hitreg isn't your enemy).

Sometimes obvious logic seems to be ignored over egos or just plain ignorance to the matter. That's why I get so disappointed at certain balance changes... they are not even thought out or discussed in any proper context.

Who would've thought that MW4 did something else right (no I will never stop loving on MW4 :P). Maybe they chose the wrong roles for standard lasers and pulse lasers to fill, but at least they were attempting to make them fulfill different roles. Differences of kinds are better than differences in degrees when we don't have many kinds to begin with.

#33 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 October 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

The Clan LPL in particular was already viable, and I suspect that it will be a complete rapecannon on November 4th. Perhaps even better than its original pre-nerf values.

I'm not too sure about how viable it was myself (since I haven't used it before) because it didn't seem all that great on paper, but looking at the buff it's getting I'm also concerned that it will be too much, nobody can look at the changes and say that isn't a huge buff.

Edited by Pjwned, 30 October 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#34 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Took you three full years to realize and admit the simplest of truths--that the pulse family needed far more to offset the extra tonnage (twice as heavy as regular lasers in case of the small and medium variants). Meanwhile people have been screaming about it for years--me included.

I am as happy as I am angry ATM since it took three full years for resolving such simple issue, and I do hope Russ finds an elegant yet simple solution the the ECM/LRM/counters issue soon, as well. Cause that has been going on for equal amount of time.

#iblamepaul

#35 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

Im surprised that no one has had a moan about all the extra LRMs that are going to happen due to BAP being better.

Regarding plasers. Whatevers, I have 200m set aside for upgrading mechs, so if they are actually good for a change its no problem. It's to be expected that weapon balance will change throughout the lifecycle of an online game (although personally I don't really see the need for a lot of the changes we have seen in MWO).

Edited by NextGame, 31 October 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#36 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:57 AM

the whole Pulse weapons logic is plain fail

logic assumption.
Lasers must do more damage=do by duration but consume more energy so doing generate more heat.
Pulse Lasers shot short bursts of fast delivering damage=read name Pulse, they generate less heat they shot short burst and more time cooling down.

in Mech warrior.
Pulse are not only shorter range but also more heat + more tonnage...
FAIL.

#37 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostNextGame, on 31 October 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

Im surprised that no one has had a moan about all the extra LRMs that are going to happen due to BAP being better.

1. LRM damage is being lowered from 1.1 to 1.0.

2. Better BAP range means little if the ECM mech does not get close during initial engagements.

Edited by El Bandito, 31 October 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#38 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Three years? Damn, how have you been playing so long? I thought this game went to Closed Beta in March EDIT: May 2012.
2012 -> 2013 = 1 year
2012 -> 2014 = 2 years

Did you play the Alpha version of the game?

Edited by Alistair Winter, 31 October 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#39 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 October 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Took you three full years to realize and admit the simplest of truths--that the pulse family needed far more to offset the extra tonnage (twice as heavy as regular lasers in case of the small and medium variants). Meanwhile people have been screaming about it for years--me included.

I am as happy as I am angry ATM since it took three full years for resolving such simple issue, and I do hope Russ finds an elegant yet simple solution the the ECM/LRM/counters issue soon, as well. Cause that has been going on for equal amount of time.

You do realize that the past "3'" (actually 2) years PGI was basically run by IGP? Now that IGP is out of the way Russ and the crew can do what needs to be done and have proven they are doing what needs to be done. Why be a douchebag about it?

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 31 October 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#40 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:24 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 31 October 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

You do realize that the past "3'" (actually 2) years PGI was basically run by IGP? Now that IGP is out of the way Russ and the crew can do what needs to be done. Why be a douchebag about it?

Let's be serious for a minute here. You really think at meetings the guys from IGP specifically asked for several silly pulse laser nerfs?

Edited by Torgun, 31 October 2014 - 03:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users