#21 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 14 December 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

I've always disliked the Fed-Com civil war storyline. Katherine 'stealing' half the realm never felt believable.

Now, Skye pulling off some kind of rebellion ...

Yeah, the Ded-Com civil war was kind of disappointing... And that ending for Katrina... She become a Mechwarrior in the Clan Wolf with the help of Vlad... Just what the heck...

edit: But at least we have the return of Peter Steiner-Davion... And his using a freaking Faffy! :D

Edited by KuroNyra, 14 December 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#22 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 12 December 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Would be good to see the Fedcom in game, it would give Marik/Liao/Kurita a reason to temporarily ally like they did in lore.

I expect the timeline to move relatively slowly. There's just way too many major events along the way that PGI is likely to draw out as long as they can. At any rate, the FedCom doesn't even become official until 3055 which is long after the Battle of Tukayyid. Given the tons of mechs and whatnot they need to release along the way, I wouldn't get too worked up over it. It'll be a longer wait than CW was. ;)

That's not necessarily a bad thing since by that point (hopefully), they'll have a better handle on how to deal with a super sized faction.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 14 December 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#23 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 14 December 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I expect the timeline to move relatively slowly. There's just way too many major events along the way that PGI is likely to draw out as long as they can. At any rate, the FedCom doesn't even become official until 3055 which is long after the Battle of Tukayyid. Given the tons of mechs and whatnot they need to release along the way, I wouldn't get too worked up over it. It'll be a longer wait than CW was. ;)

That's not necessarily a bad thing since by that point (hopefully), they'll have a better handle on how to deal with a super sized faction.

Sure, as an "official" state they don't formally exist until 3055 when Victor assumes the mantle of Archon-Prince, but in practice, they've existed and functioned as an integrated military command for much longer than that. The Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth came into official existence in 3042, and was fully functional as a single military command by the time of the Clan Invasion. Also, for the purposes of state borders and conflict lines on maps, they are considered to be one state from basically the 4th Succession War, right up until Katherine steals the Steiner half and declares it the Lyran Alliance in 3057.

Edited by Rip Snorgan, 14 December 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#24 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 14 December 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Sure, as an "official" state they don't formally exist until 3055 when Victor assumes the mantle of Archon-Prince, but in practice, they've existed and functioned as an integrated military command for much longer than that. The Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth came into official existence in 3042, and was fully functional as a single military command by the time of the Clan Invasion. Also, for the purposes of state borders and conflict lines on maps, they are considered to be one state from basically the 4th Succession War, right up until Katherine steals the Steiner half and declares it the Lyran Alliance in 3057.

As I recall, the first "official" AFFC battle was on Twycross which iirc was the fourth or fifth Clan wave. Anyway my point was that PGI's already demonstrated they wanted to move along similar lines that most leagues have done, and keep the two Houses seperate. They have stated repeatedly it's an alternate timeline and gameplay and balance is going to trump all.

Financially speaking, it's a better move for PGI since they don't have to blur the lines on Steiner and Davion when it comes to mechs, promotions and so on. It also heads of a whole lot of headaches involving a super sized faction and promotes a more evened distribution of players.

They have several more Clans to introduce as well as Periphery states, bandit holds and mercs. I don't think there's a large enough playerbase to support a FedCom and actually keep it from being decimated in CW. I'm sure if people pressure Russ enough he might comment, but I'm willing to bet his response will be "We'll see...." because they aren't going to go down that route until they (PGI) are sure that it'd be a wise decision to do so.

The bone they tossed to those wanting the AFFC was the DHG RCT colors for the resistance pack.

#25 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 14 December 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

As I recall, the first "official" AFFC battle was on Twycross which iirc was the fourth or fifth Clan wave. Anyway my point was that PGI's already demonstrated they wanted to move along similar lines that most leagues have done, and keep the two Houses seperate. They have stated repeatedly it's an alternate timeline and gameplay and balance is going to trump all.

Financially speaking, it's a better move for PGI since they don't have to blur the lines on Steiner and Davion when it comes to mechs, promotions and so on. It also heads of a whole lot of headaches involving a super sized faction and promotes a more evened distribution of players.

They have several more Clans to introduce as well as Periphery states, bandit holds and mercs. I don't think there's a large enough playerbase to support a FedCom and actually keep it from being decimated in CW. I'm sure if people pressure Russ enough he might comment, but I'm willing to bet his response will be "We'll see...." because they aren't going to go down that route until they (PGI) are sure that it'd be a wise decision to do so.

The bone they tossed to those wanting the AFFC was the DHG RCT colors for the resistance pack.

I can appreciate all those points, and if we don't end up with a "absolutely" integrated Fed-Com, I can be alright with that, but I would hope they create a "Fed-Com in practice" element in CW, something like, Steiner and Davion are given all the same attack and defend contracts, allowing them to attack each others enemies, and defend each others planets from invasion. Additonally, remove any contracts from CW that have them attacking each other. That could create more of a "feel" of there being a Fed-Com, and would be close enough I think, to satisfy most of us that advocate there be a Fed-Com.

#26 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

I think most of the organized units are observing a de facto Fed Com, even if the pugs on either side insist on attacking.

#27 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 14 December 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

I can appreciate all those points, and if we don't end up with a "absolutely" integrated Fed-Com, I can be alright with that, but I would hope they create a "Fed-Com in practice" element in CW, something like, Steiner and Davion are given all the same attack and defend contracts, allowing them to attack each others enemies, and defend each others planets from invasion. Additonally, remove any contracts from CW that have them attacking each other. That could create more of a "feel" of there being a Fed-Com, and would be close enough I think, to satisfy most of us that advocate there be a Fed-Com.

That's pretty much how it seems to be playing out, though there are some who are just queueing up for action, any action just to test out CW.

I've always been a Davion and Steiner fan and spent the entirety of my TT career fighting for the AFFS and AFFC, even when the Clans came out. I was there on Twycross in my MAD-3R. ;)

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 14 December 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#28 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 14 December 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I've always been a Davion and Steiner fan and spent the entirety of my TT career fighting for the AFFS and AFFC, even when the Clans came out. I was there on Twycross in my MAD-3R. ;)

You said it man! Rip Snorgan was my TT character for years, and the 3R was his personal ride (later upgraded to a 5D).

Man, I really hope some version of that mech makes it into this game sometime.

#29 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 14 December 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

You said it man! Rip Snorgan was my TT character for years, and the 3R was his personal ride (later upgraded to a 5D).

Man, I really hope some version of that mech makes it into this game sometime.

As much as I'd love to see the Marauder, Warhammer, Phoenix Hawk and so on in the game, I can't picture them any other way than their original state.

I used a MAD-5D as well.

#30 FatManBlue

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

As for myself, I will keep trying to push back the Steiners until they stop attacking Davion space

Bah! Davion took two of our planets right off the bat. You guys (Davion) could return what is ours, then there could be peace and cooperation against the true enemies. Till then you are and will be my personal enemy.

Signed, Steiner Pug Peon

#31 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostFatManBlue, on 15 December 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Bah! Davion took two of our planets right off the bat. You guys (Davion) could return what is ours, then there could be peace and cooperation against the true enemies. Till then you are and will be my personal enemy.

Signed, Steiner Pug Peon

<__<
>__>

Psss.... It's Katrina Steiner who killed Melissa....
What do you mean it did not happen yet?!

#32 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 13 December 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

can't say I'm too excited to go FedCom knowing that Katherine b***h is going to backstab us a few years down the road

Yeah but being part of the Marik "We were the Wobbies stooges.. then they gassed us and shattered our realm to pieces..." isn't any better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users