Back After A Long Break

25 replies to this topic

#21 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

I think arty was introduced late last year, which means it's only been 1 year since. You haven't been away that long.

CW has been broken into parts. Part 1 (IS map and units) are already in, part 2 should include working loyalty points and other stuff (i forget). I'm thinking the whole thing should be "complete" sometime the middle of next year.

#22 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

View Postdragnier1, on 15 November 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

I think arty was introduced late last year, which means it's only been 1 year since. You haven't been away that long.

It was spring/beginning of summer of 2013, so yeah, 1.5 years ago. It's just the arty strikes started off very weak so they weren't used.

#23 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

View Postn3uton, on 15 November 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

Seems that modules can now only be bought with MC rather than GXP - if so, what can I spend GXP on or is it now only good for pilot skills ?

Only the 4 consumables, and only if you take that route to buy them. You can upgrade the cbill versions to match, but you'll need a chunk of GXP to unlock the appropriate pilot skills. Note: pilot skills are not the same as mech skills. It's recommended not to use GXP to unlock mech skills as there are many modules under pilot skills that you need GXP to unlock.

#24 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

View Postfranoi, on 12 November 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

Hey guys,

I haven't played this game for a long time.

Also, I recommend, if you have a lot of time to kill, that you listen to the Town Hall meetings that Russ has been doing on Twitch with NGNG. He just finished one up on community warfare the other day. He did one describing some history with IGP earlier this fall. The first 2 videos are like 3.5 hrs each. This latest one is about 2.5. They are also on NGNG's Youtube page.

#25 n3uton

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 15 November 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

That doesn't sound right. You unlock modules for GXP (do NOT use gxp for pilot skills), and after unlocking them you buy the actual modules for C-bills.

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 15 November 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Only the 4 consumables, and only if you take that route to buy them. You can upgrade the cbill versions to match, but you'll need a chunk of GXP to unlock the appropriate pilot skills. Note: pilot skills are not the same as mech skills. It's recommended not to use GXP to unlock mech skills as there are many modules under pilot skills that you need GXP to unlock.

Ah that's where I was going wrong - I knew I was saving my GXP for something to do with pilot skills/modules ! Thanks for the reminder !

Edited by n3uton, 18 November 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#26 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

Just remembered, more modules were added. That means more use for that gxp.

Don't think arty was introduced during the summer. I rejoined MWO then and we didn't have arty then. They probably added it in sept/oct?

Edited by dragnier1, 19 November 2014 - 08:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users