Think the rewards are to be inserted at the next patch... tomorrow

#42 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

In the Twolf as an alternate Laser vomit build try 2 LPL in the torsos, 2 MPL in the arms and one ER Med plus BAP. ITS BRILLIANT FOR FOCUSED FIRE!!

#43 GARhenus

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

Currently running 4 ER Med Lasers + 2 LRM 15's

I find the lasers a bit underwhelming at close range so I'll save up for possible combinations:

2 ER Large + 2 ER Med
6 ER Med (might have to downgrade to lrm10s and free up more tonnage for heat sinks)
2 ER PPC + 2 LRM 15s
Pulse lasers (heard upgrading from med laser to med pulse laser isn't worth the heat buildup tho)
Also thinking of using artemis but as far as I've seen lrm's barely do any form of dependable damage unless the target is standing still

Edited by Gar Kerensky, 17 November 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#44 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostGar Kerensky, on 17 November 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Pulse lasers (heard upgrading from med laser to med pulse laser isn't worth the heat buildup tho)

Please note, as of lately (latest Patch, or the one before, not sure), med pulse lasers (both IS and Clan) have the same heat as med lasers.
At the moment they differ in Range (MLs have more), Tons (MPLs are heavier) and duration (MPLs "beam" ends faster).

#45 GARhenus

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostBallimbo, on 18 November 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Please note, as of lately (latest Patch, or the one before, not sure), med pulse lasers (both IS and Clan) have the same heat as med lasers.
At the moment they differ in Range (MLs have more), Tons (MPLs are heavier) and duration (MPLs "beam" ends faster).

thanks for the heads up, I'll grind out enough c-bills to try 5 ER med lasers or 4 Med pulses. not sure if I'm willing to trade some of the range for the pulse laser's better burst, but closing in that extra 100m seems trivial in many situations.

Also managed to make a 6 er med laser build but had to remove arm actuators and get the RT module from the TBR-S (may be acceptable since 2 of the lasers are on the torso so might as well have them always aligned).

#46 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hello, I am roughly one year into the game so I may not be a good mentor, plus I don't have a lot of mechs. But I'd like to offer my services as an assault class pilot, predominantly in the tanking department. I remember how difficult it was when I first started. Luckily there were good people around to help me out, so I thought I should do the same. Please pm me if you need someone to fill that role.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users