5 replies to this topic

#1 tripsangel

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA, WA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

Don't think this is the right place for it, but this section does have the word "suggestions" in it.

My thought was that PGI should sell all the previous packages along with any future packages in a "Package" section much like how the current Clan Wave 1, Wave 2, and Resistance all are in pretty much the same section.
  • You wouldn't be able to obtain pre-order bonuses this way of course for non preorder packages
  • You would however be able to upgrade from your package if you wanted to.
  • Perhaps even adding Ala Carte sections for those previous packages.
  • Even perhaps having sales for packages from time to time, such as black friday...
Before they were/are just preorder packages, now that the mechs are released you can now just have those packages as additional method of obtaining those mechs and also get money from us.

I don't think any of the preorder packages came with Hero mechs, so mastery packages in-game are still valuable because they contain a Hero mech, usually a pretty decent hard point one to boot, along with variants that are pretty good.

anyways just putting my thought down....

Edited by tripsangel, 08 December 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#2 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

I am neither a Phoenix pack purchaser, or a Founder's pack purchaser. Just getting that out of the way first.

I see no reason not to have the original packages just for the mechs alone... BUT. You should NOT get the extras that were offered with those packages. The titles, tags, etc that came with them should only go to the original pack purchasers.

#3 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

I'd pay money for the phoenix uniques. Not founders though. They should be kept special.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostMarineTech, on 19 November 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

I see no reason not to have the original packages just for the mechs alone... BUT. You should NOT get the extras that were offered with those packages. The titles, tags, etc that came with them should only go to the original pack purchasers.

I aggree with this but suggest a couple of ammendments

The Founders pack would be realy bad vaue if it just offered the Mechs, but wouold be way too good value if it included the MC and Premium time as well (the Veteran and Elite Founders package gave MC worth 1/3 more than the cost of the pack) especially if you could purchase multiple founders packages

My suggestion is to leave all the "after launch" packs on sale perminantly but if you buy a post release pack (where all the Mechs are already available for Cbills) you do not get the forum titles or social rewards, just the Mechs and Premium Time..

#5 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Yes, would be goo to be able to by the old packages.
I would also keep Founders out, these should be kept special.

#6 tripsangel

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA, WA

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

after looking at what the founders package had... http://i.imgur.com/aFkfwtS.jpg (posted by hexenhammer, http://mwomercs.com/...ff/page__st__20)

I'd say the founders pack should be adjusted to the 4 pack model with as much premium time as they provide now, without the MC or the founders tags... and just call it the "Inner Sphere starter package" it looks like it only had 4 mechs, so add two variants per mech....
it would make a decent package with Jenner pack, Hunchback pack, Catapult pack, and the Atlas pack.....

edit:
also had the idea that maybe they should also think of making Clan Invasion Wave 1 into two parts, one package with the daishi as the final one, and one with the warhawk as the final one... each a total of $120... split the warhorns and the stuff they come with...

just as an additional choice... could buy it all for 240 or one or the other for 120.. etc..etc...

Edited by tripsangel, 08 December 2014 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users