Mxaa With Thermal Vision

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

I recently got a new graphics card, AMD radeon R9 290x 4 gig. The game looks incredible now with no drops in framerates. I've been using the different anti aliasing options to see which one looks best. The MXAA option has the smoothest visuals but i've noticed that when in thermal vision mechs do not produce a heat signature. It kinda bums me out because everything else looks superb compared to postaa. But if i want to actually see thermal signatures i can't use MXAA.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or any suggestions as to a workaround? I would very much appreciate it.

Edited by Sable, 20 November 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#2 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

We've got a fix on the way for this!
We tried getting this resolved at the same time as the forced PostAA issue a couple patches ago, but we had to push it back a bit.

#3 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostSable, on 20 November 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

I recently got a new graphics card, AMD radeon R9 290x 4 gig. The game looks incredible now with no drops in framerates. I've been using the different anti aliasing options to see which one looks best. The MXAA option has the smoothest visuals but i've noticed that when in thermal vision mechs do not produce a heat signature. It kinda bums me out because everything else looks superb compared to postaa. But if i want to actually see thermal signatures i can't use MXAA.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or any suggestions as to a workaround? I would very much appreciate it.

The workaround is to not use MSAA/TXAA.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 November 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

We tried getting this resolved at the same time as the forced PostAA issue a couple patches ago, but we had to push it back a bit.

Looking forward to the fix. Thanks for the hard work.

#4 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 November 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to the fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users