So, I Just Broke Up With My Gf Today.

26 replies to this topic

#1 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

I hope this won't be regarded as spam or something, but I just need to get this off my chest.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to feel. :mellow: We'd been together for 5 years and it was rough but we loved each other too much to give up. Then last week, everything just snapped. -_- What surprises me most is I'm not deathly upset over it. Maybe because deep down, without realizing it, I saw it coming.

Oh well. It was a good run, but **** happens. My uncle once told me that true love is the hardest thing to find in this world, so I guess I just have to keep looking, right?

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 22 November 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

You'll find it Faster than PuGs fall into a Death trap.

#3 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostDomoneky, on 22 November 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

You'll find it Faster than PuGs fall into a Death trap.

Lol, thanks. I sure hope so.

#4 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

Posted Image

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

I'm sure most of us can relate!

Enjoy some single freedom, and best of luck in your future endevours

Edited by Redshift2k5, 22 November 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#6 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

Five years is a pretty good run, some marriages dont even make it that long. Good to hear its not got you down (though that can come and go). Sounds like a great time to earn that free mech!

#7 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

Lol, I'm working on it. Only a few points so far but I'm making the most of my premium. Thanks guys. :)

#8 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

Maybe it's not over yet...

#9 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

You may always find a special place in your heart for her. Enjoy being single for awhile before you go chasing after another one like a Jager after a Locust. lol.

#10 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 24 November 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

You may always find a special place in your heart for her. Enjoy being single for awhile before you go chasing after another one like a Jager after a Locust. lol.

^
^
^
a bunch this.

5 years is a long time, but you may look back one day and realize that was the best thing that could have happened for either one of you.

Hang in there and take out any frustration you may have on the red team! :)

#11 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

See, I tend to come from the other side...I hang on. I fight for things I think are worth it. I can't interpret what your own mind is telling you, but be open to the possibility that things are worth fighting for or recovering, if the option presents itself and you're open to it. You don't necessarily find any better when you move on. (Only you would know, of course.)

#12 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

Well since this is the MWO forums I'm going to say "Shoot her in the face with a PPC"

#13 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

Condolences, OP

#14 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Wow, five years....

Well, since we're on this topic, I'm glad you saw it coming and are managing to cope with it.

Laugh if you want, but I broke up with my last gf five years ago and am still not moving on, while she's been dating at least a couple of guys. And the thought of that enrages me more than...well, not anything, but pretty close. The worst part is, we've been friends for all these years and as a result, we have quite a bit of common language. I'm in my probably second worst depression of my life right now and last week I suddenly start dreaming about her all the time. And that's when I decided **** can't keep going on like this and decided to disconnecting any sort of contact between us.

Still not sure if it's stupid or if it would even work, but I'm hoping if I keep telling myself to move on, I may actually will. Either way, asking her to get back is not an option. I'm in terrible shape and she's dating, so that's not gonna happen.

#15 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

Hm, can't say "know that feel bro" as being together with my lady 20 years now (forgot how single life was, not joking)... ;)

But all the best to you, man!

#16 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 22 November 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

I hope this won't be regarded as spam or something, but I just need to get this off my chest.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to feel. :mellow: We'd been together for 5 years and it was rough but we loved each other too much to give up. Then last week, everything just snapped. -_- What surprises me most is I'm not deathly upset over it. Maybe because deep down, without realizing it, I saw it coming.

Oh well. It was a good run, but **** happens. My uncle once told me that true love is the hardest thing to find in this world, so I guess I just have to keep looking, right?

So can I haz your Mechstuffz? Wait... this means you will have more time to play them.... damn, foiled again.

#17 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

My condolences but also Congratulations. There's billions of fish in the sea and now, at least, you get to go fishing again. :P

#18 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 24 November 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

Wow, five years....

Well, since we're on this topic, I'm glad you saw it coming and are managing to cope with it.

Laugh if you want, but I broke up with my last gf five years ago and am still not moving on, while she's been dating at least a couple of guys. And the thought of that enrages me more than...well, not anything, but pretty close. The worst part is, we've been friends for all these years and as a result, we have quite a bit of common language. I'm in my probably second worst depression of my life right now and last week I suddenly start dreaming about her all the time. And that's when I decided **** can't keep going on like this and decided to disconnecting any sort of contact between us.

Still not sure if it's stupid or if it would even work, but I'm hoping if I keep telling myself to move on, I may actually will. Either way, asking her to get back is not an option. I'm in terrible shape and she's dating, so that's not gonna happen.

Sounds like you need a mental vacation. Try something new, start doing something again that you have not done in forever, sign up for some charity work? Whatever you do, I hope you are able to eventually move on. One of the biggest problems with loyalties are when they are not dually held.

#19 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 24 November 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

Of course it's going to work, you are moving on. Congratulations. :)

#20 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:41 PM

I have found the less you look for love, the easier it can find you. Met my wife, been together for almost 9 years. I had been looking for half a year, gave up and started to enjoy myself... Then wham found her.

Wait.. I mean filthy freeborn ideas of love.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users