Team Damage Should Count -100X Against Damage Score

9 replies to this topic

#1 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:23 PM

That's all. It should be trivial to implement, and it'll improve game-play no end in the solo queue.

#2 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

...Will their be a poor piloting penalty as well? Equal to say...100X a kill?

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

So when that light pilot who isn't paying attention runs in front of my AC/20 shell I should be penalized 2000ish damage? Great suggestion. *eyeroll*

#4 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

I accidentally ran my mlas over someone due to lag and traded paint at the start of the match.

Am I supposed to lose all 200ish damage I can do because of that?

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

While I disagree about team damage counting for a full 100x, I would like to see a penalty for shooting off components on friendly Mechs. There have been several instances where FF claimed an arm off one of my Mechs, sometimes accidentally and sometimes intentionally.

During the Chassis Challenge, a fellow pilot in my Unit actually had a Banshee shoot of his Victor's arm so that he wouldn't compete for damage or kills that match. There should be some type of system punishing that behavior since the current method of submitting tickets is obviously not working. I think an economic penalty each match would go a long way towards fixing this.

Edited by Nightmare1, 27 November 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#6 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

I propose a compromise. You can choose whether or not to inflict team damage penalties on teammates who do significant damage to you ( Let's say 50 damage, for a reasoably high alpha. That way a stray AC20 doesn't automatically qualify for a penalty.), or do damage that results in a component loss. You do not gain their losses however.

#7 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostEonai, on 25 November 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

I accidentally ran my mlas over someone due to lag and traded paint at the start of the match.

Am I supposed to lose all 200ish damage I can do because of that?

Well this particular example doesn't make much much sense to me..

In the general case though, when a light runs through your firing line, for example, no.. you're supposed to raise your weapons so the FF damage you do is minimised, then pay the relatively small penalty for that, rather than holding steady and melting your team mates face off. Bear in mind that he might well have a sensible reason for running through your beams. He's most likely not trolling you, but trying to evade pursuing enemies.

#8 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

Wow u seem a bit mad bro?
Show me where the friendly mech touched you
Posted Image

Shooting a friend doesn't change how much damage was done by a weapon.

#9 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

Bad idea. I often have to lightly brush a small/medium laser across friendly mechs to wake teammates up if they're afk at the start of the match; to let them know I'm happing to pass by when they're blocking the road; and other such situations. It's not hardly enough damage to do anything harmful, just a lovetap sort of thing.

Not to mention all the friendly fire that starts happening in brawling situations whether anybody likes it or not.

#10 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostF4T 4L, on 29 November 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Well this particular example doesn't make much much sense to me..

In the general case though, when a light runs through your firing line, for example, no.. you're supposed to raise your weapons so the FF damage you do is minimised, then pay the relatively small penalty for that, rather than holding steady and melting your team mates face off. Bear in mind that he might well have a sensible reason for running through your beams. He's most likely not trolling you, but trying to evade pursuing enemies.

And I agree. However, Suppose I dont see my laser run over this light in firefight. I noticed him run by and lifted my aim, yes, but at that point im at the mercy of HSR.

The trading paint bit is due to the inital body contact you get when walking in a group. Suddenly most people lose 100 damage because they accidentally bumped into each other for 1 point of damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users