Bug Report

5 replies to this topic

#1 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

Skills indicator thingy not updating for Locusts (circled in red). Compare to the Centurion's, which is green.

Posted Image

Edited by senaiboy, 25 November 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#2 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

View Postsenaiboy, on 25 November 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Skills indicator thingy not updating for Locusts (circled in red). Compare to the Centurion's, which is green.

"Known" bug and happens to all mechs that have at least one mech mastered. Probably won't see a fix until UI2.5 / UI3.0 because PGI are terrible when it comes to fixing minor bugs, they tend to stick around forever

#3 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:56 AM

This is not only for Locusts. It's for all mechs. It's annoying and started when they reintroduced the visibility of XP on mechs we do not have (and were sold).

#4 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

Same problem here

#5 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

My Atlases have this "problem", no other 'Mech that I have used have I noticed the glitch, but there may or may not be some.
Not a huge deal, but my perfectionist side wants very badly for it to be fixed. :ph34r:

#6 Mahrexen

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:22 PM

Funny thing is this "minor" bug has caused me to play significantly less.

I own just under 40 mechs, and have more coming in from my Invasion package but I like leveling my mechs and mastering each one that I own. (I plan on mastering each variant eventually)

I used the skill list as reference to look at which mechs I need to get my daily double exp on, and now that is much more difficult.

I don't think PGI is aware of how inconvenient these minor bugs are, and that it actually costs them money in the long run.

As a side note because it sounds like people don't see what the bug actually is.
The overall chassis level is showing the exp from only the first variant of each type.
I have several chassis that 3 variants are completely mastered but because I do not own or have leveled the 1st in the list, it shows as grey.

I really don't understand while this whole menu is not combined with the mechlab, and why they cant just add the icon level of your mech to your mechs so you can see it as you pick them and modify them.

I am glad they are making continuous improvements to the game though so maybe someday we will have a much more refined UI. I really like this game but it does have the worst interface of any game I have every played.
Adding more issues to the UI is a let down from the company though as we would expect the patches to be gradual improvements rather then introduce new bugs that aren't addressed within days of the patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users