#41 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 26 November 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Yup like George Carlin said:

"Think about how ******* stupid the average human being is....think about that for a minute...then remember that 50% of the planet, IS EVEN DUMBER THAN THAT."

Make something idiot proof and nature will build a better idiot.

#42 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostTastian, on 26 November 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

LOL, this is quite true. I have over 100 matches in my 3 Mist Lynx and most of them are very very bad. I had kind of hoped that my ELO for the light queue had dropped by alot thanks to this mech. And now that you mention it, the lower my ELO is dropping the more LRMs I'm seeing. But, I still see some top names (that I obviously can't mention). And sadly, one of the 3 people ratting me out was one of these persons (didn't recognize the other 2).

You should pad more.

#43 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostTKSax, on 26 November 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

I will give away someone position in Skirmish if they are not participating, aka powered down and hiding and I have been backed up by support and our dear departed CM on this stance. In Skirmish the whole point of that game mode is killing the other mechs, and you are breaking ToS by powering down and hiding. Now before I give their positions away I will ask in chat what their intentions are and let them know that non-participation is a violation of ToS when it comes to skirmish. Any other game mode, no I will never give a position away, I have seen both conquest and assault games won by mechs that were tactically :) hiding. Also the game mode that Mudhut and Victor keep going on about with NGNG was a skirmish game mode, and they did call out a powered down mech. I have only seen them doing on skirmish games modes just like I do.

IF YOU WANT TO DISAPPEAR FROM ENEMY RADAR, JUST POWER DOWN. These are PGI's own words btw.

#44 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostTKSax, on 26 November 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

I will give away someone position in Skirmish if they are not participating, aka powered down and hiding and I have been backed up by support and our dear departed CM on this stance. In Skirmish the whole point of that game mode is killing the other mechs, and you are breaking ToS by powering down and hiding. Now before I give their positions away I will ask in chat what their intentions are and let them know that non-participation is a violation of ToS when it comes to skirmish. Any other game mode, no I will never give a position away, I have seen both conquest and assault games won by mechs that were tactically :) hiding. Also the game mode that Mudhut and Victor keep going on about with NGNG was a skirmish game mode, and they did call out a powered down mech. I have only seen them doing on skirmish games modes just like I do.

Still against the rules so try the intelligent route and report them rather than have one of us report you for team treason.

If you can read check the rules instead of making it up yourself. I repeat if you have engaged at anytime in a map you may power down and hide. Doesn't matter what mode your on.

For the amount of times I see it happen in game most tend to attack when found or hide to sneak attack. Its legit and you cannot decide how when to cut off anyone's ability to do damage. Reported enough people for that to know you will be counseled then a three day if you don't change your ways. Try staying alive and do it yourself instead of announcing your not a good player here.

#45 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Players have absolutely no idea how much it sucks the fun out of the game when they reveal the positions of their remaining surviving team. Some are just impatient and upset. Some just don't care at all and want the battle to end faster so they assist the enemy and then there are the rare few who are all of the above.

I agree with one commenter's suggestion about how dead players should have their General Text Comms revoked for the remainder of that battle and be allowed to keep their Team/Lance chat channels available so they may assist their team by revealing enemy locations/damage status. I find it dumb when players will talk dirt about their own team regardless if it's in General or Team/Lance text comms 'specially when they don't know whether or not any member of their team may be playing for the very first time. Also.. it kind of puts my mind into gear of "Do I really want to join another battle after this? I don't want to risk jumping into another battle with that jerk with their rants of how much their team sucks."

I ended up threatening one player who did that. I forget if they were on my team at the time or not but told 'em how since they were up for forcing their team into a challenge by revealing their locations.. I'd have no problem helping them by increasing the difficulty of the game through revealing their locations in future battles from start to finish. I mean.. fair is fair right? 'course.. didn't help matters much that I completely forgot their callsign later that day but.. it got them to shut up for the rest of the battle at least. Apparently they weren't keen on the idea for making future battles more difficult to survive in that way.

#46 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostTastian, on 25 November 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

So I hate playing hide n seek with the last guy as much as anyone but here's the story:

Conquest. I'm in my Mist Lynx - both arms gone and missing one shoulder. We are up on caps almost at 700. I'm one of two guys left on our team so I find a good hidey hole and power down. My team starts ratting my position out which leads to my death and our team loss. It's like they didn't want to win.

Sorry for the rant.

First
Powering down and hiding and not participating in the game is reportable

Second
Giving away a teammate's position is reportable

Neither side was right and everyone involve should have been reported at support@mwomercs.com

Plain and simple. That's not open to "morality" debates. It's against the rules. You could easily have kept running around the map avoiding without finding a "hidey hole" and shutting down. Any other "arguments" on the matter are irrelevant.

#47 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostApocryph0n, on 26 November 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

After all: Easiest solution: Remove chat for Dead ppl. At least the <ALL> channel :P

Not a great idea, as it would only effect people not on mic. For every 3 'My team sux for not supporting me' guys you will have someone say something useful.

View PostTastian, on 25 November 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

So I hate playing hide n seek with the last guy as much as anyone but here's the story:

Conquest. I'm in my Mist Lynx - both arms gone and missing one shoulder. We are up on caps almost at 700. I'm one of two guys left on our team so I find a good hidey hole and power down. My team starts ratting my position out which leads to my death and our team loss. It's like they didn't want to win.

Sorry for the rant.

With 65% of players equipping BAP, you wouldn't think a powered down mech would be a problem.

#48 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 25 November 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

This game is infected with people who refuse to think that you can win in any way without killing all the reds. I honestly am amazed at the lack of flexibility this community displays at times.

You know what's really weird? I've been playing MWO since Beta just before launch - and I don't think I've ever been on the Red team once...

#49 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

I guess I don't get it... typing to the other team was disabled a couple weeks ago I thought. I have not seen other side chat since unless I'm missing something?

#50 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

I know! But I see other people switching from Red to Blue all the time, so I know it's possible.

And you can turn all chat back on in options if you want to. It was disabled by default to avoid scaring off newbies with trash talk or something.

Edited by terrycloth, 26 November 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#51 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postterrycloth, on 26 November 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I know! But I see other people switching from Red to Blue all the time, so I know it's possible.

And you can turn all chat back on in options if you want to. It was disabled by default to avoid scaring off newbies with trash talk or something.

"Make sure you hit alt-F4 for Super Vision Mode!"

#52 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Hiding in Conquest, okay I can see that. Unfortunately it doesn't hold for Assault and Skirmish (yet). And people who do it in those match modes are making a bad name for people who hide.

Especially in Assault. You get points for participating in combat yet who still have people playing like repair values still exist. One guy stated he was doing it to deny the other team XP. How does that make sense? You are randomly grouped with people and your foe this match could be your ally the next.

Maybe once the conflict avoiders stop hiding in Skirmish and Assault you will see a more rationale approach to it in Conquest.

#53 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Iplay pretty much every day and I usually see this team treason garbage at least once a day.

take screen captures, make a brief detailed report-map, mode, date, time(and zone), offending players name etc.. I like to include a copy of the TOS they violated as well. report them every time.

I am so sick of dead players being able to do this in all-chat.

you're dead
1.shut up unless you have some tactical gem to share
2.you are free to leave and drop in a different mech
3.I am not required to suicide for you- deal with it.
4.I am not required to give the enemy easy cbills and XP
5.the matches are all 15minutes, you agree to those rules by playing, there may be other victory conditions that shorten the match, however it doesnt change the terms...so there is no "wasting time"
6. engaging the enemy (doing damage, spotting etc..)or capping in conquest is participation so stop threatening to report people that won't suicide for you. it's not even a reportable offense since they participated already earlier in the match.

hide and seek is a thing and so is hiding-deal with it

Edited by Slepnir, 26 November 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#54 Zito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 248 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

Answer: Disable all numbers in all chat when dead. Sure, a DB can type CThree, but no map coords.

#55 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostMercules, on 26 November 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Conquest

Cap points at 700 when 750 wins the game

You get it yet or do we need to use pictures?

Id like some pictures please! :D

#56 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

View Postoneda, on 27 November 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

Id like some pictures please! :D

It's annoying when somebody hides in let's say skirmish but it is a viable strategy to survive. Some lights try to find single targets to snipe at without giving away their position. Sometimes there aren't any opportune targets. And eve if he shuts down, then he's using what the game provides to evade the enemy team.

Reporting somebody for hiding is just weird unless it's a teamkiller or somebody that keeps dropping and then stays afk at spawn all the time.

Surviving against impossible odds is a victory in and off itself. Some ppl cant handle that. If they are leading they believe they deserve a quick ultimate victory. Too many rules harm a game more than they help.

A mech with no more weapons doesnt have to walk to its death just to satisfy your need to win more quickly. Another mech with only 2 medium lasers left and not enough speed to disengage once caught has no chance against 10 enemy mechs. No matter what he does. It is basically the same scenario as a light with no weapons left.

If there is no possible chance to win anymore or even kill a few mechs then some players will struggle to survive at least. If I was on a battlefield in a mech id do the same.

most of the maps are so tiny that a half organized team will run them down rather quickly.

#57 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostSandpit, on 26 November 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

First
Powering down and hiding and not participating in the game is reportable

Second
Giving away a teammate's position is reportable

Neither side was right and everyone involve should have been reported at support@mwomercs.com

Plain and simple. That's not open to "morality" debates. It's against the rules. You could easily have kept running around the map avoiding without finding a "hidey hole" and shutting down. Any other "arguments" on the matter are irrelevant.

Just for added clarity because I've worn this path down to bedrock...

Fire one shot, do a point of damage, move around with probable intent and it counts as participation. That's what the mods and devs say. Just because someone sucks and quits in frustration is not reportable. Nor is it reportable that they start moving towards battle, shut down in the nearest 'safe spot' to go deal with the cat being on fire or the kids lobbing jelly into the neighbor's ficus or the baby suddenly bazooka barfing it's own weight in green slime.... or what other insane real world event comes up... in hopes of coming back.

So people need to relax their sphincters and realize it's not all about them. Sand's dead on target. This is not a moral issue. This is a rules issue. When you drop, you need to intend to play and make an effort. Kinda like catching the football and make a move before it is considered a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. Whether they keep running around on a map avoiding contact ( not possible on most small maps) or finding a quiet spot... they are still playing the game and they don't need backstabbing team traitors wrecking their experience.

#58 Necromonger Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

I don't play conquest. Maybe if I was forced to play Conquest like in that last patch I would have ratted you out because I hate Conquest...

#59 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 26 November 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Still against the rules so try the intelligent route and report them rather than have one of us report you for team treason.

If you can read check the rules instead of making it up yourself. I repeat if you have engaged at anytime in a map you may power down and hide. Doesn't matter what mode your on.

For the amount of times I see it happen in game most tend to attack when found or hide to sneak attack. Its legit and you cannot decide how when to cut off anyone's ability to do damage. Reported enough people for that to know you will be counseled then a three day if you don't change your ways. Try staying alive and do it yourself instead of announcing your not a good player here.

I am not making up rules, you read them yourself, and brought this up again on reddit after they shot you down the last time your brought this up. Skirmish game mode is kill the other mechs, if you are hiding your are not participating. Again I have verified this with PGI they do not have an issue with players giving away their own teammates position when they are hiding with no intent to kill other mechs. I very rarley see this in the group que this is more of a solo que issue.

I will continue to do this, and feel free to report me because I am sure of my position on this issue. If you do report me please do it honestly, just don't say I gave away some position in a game. I will only do it when someone is powered down and hiding with no intent to play, because I will check what their intent is before I give away their position. So be sure to say he gave them away on skirmish, and the player powered down halfway across the map from where the battle was.

This is not a player skill issue so please stop banging your chest.

#60 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 26 November 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Iplay pretty much every day and I usually see this team treason garbage at least once a day.

take screen captures, make a brief detailed report-map, mode, date, time(and zone), offending players name etc.. I like to include a copy of the TOS they violated as well. report them every time.

I am so sick of dead players being able to do this in all-chat.

you're dead
1.shut up unless you have some tactical gem to share
2.you are free to leave and drop in a different mech
3.I am not required to suicide for you- deal with it.
4.I am not required to give the enemy easy cbills and XP
5.the matches are all 15minutes, you agree to those rules by playing, there may be other victory conditions that shorten the match, however it doesnt change the terms...so there is no "wasting time"
6. engaging the enemy (doing damage, spotting etc..)or capping in conquest is participation so stop threatening to report people that won't suicide for you. it's not even a reportable offense since they participated already earlier in the match.

hide and seek is a thing and so is hiding-deal with it

In conquest that is fine, but in any other game mode, unless you are setting a trap of some kind, you are knowingly wasting peoples time. That is just being a **** regardless of XP/Cbills gained by the enemy team. Nobody really gains or loses from that kill, the match has already been decided, the only thing changing is the amount of peoples lives they are having to spend wandering around an empty map trying to find some self entitled ****.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users