83 replies to this topic

#1 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

So I hate playing hide n seek with the last guy as much as anyone but here's the story:

Conquest. I'm in my Mist Lynx - both arms gone and missing one shoulder. We are up on caps almost at 700. I'm one of two guys left on our team so I find a good hidey hole and power down. My team starts ratting my position out which leads to my death and our team loss. It's like they didn't want to win.

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by Tastian, 25 November 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

This game is infected with people who refuse to think that you can win in any way without killing all the reds. I honestly am amazed at the lack of flexibility this community displays at times.

Edited by Grantham Besat, 25 November 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

Did you say your intentions in teamchat? If not, that might have averted the situation. If so, the rat was being a {Richard Cameron}.

#4 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Well, certainly a reportable offense, if PGI ever does anything about such complaints.

It was Conquest, you had obviously been participating in your match by the state of your mech so such Team Mate was being a prat.

Seems to be a lot more abuse of "non-dead" players by "dead" players these days which is quite sad...

Best thing to do is just move on to the next game knowing that people like that have their own issues to deal with and you don't.

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 25 November 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

The fact that the teammates are not recognizing the situation for what it is (potential cap win), then they are fools.

The only time where this isn't the case is when all points are capped by the opfor and the score is "stuck" around 700 and not increasing. That is probably when you have to show yourself to cap something.

#6 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

Kind of off topic... but I'll add my complaint about communication and logic during a match...

I just lost a conquest... had plenty of light mechs alive and several med/heavies... YET, we lost when the last mech, a Locust (Pirate's Bane) who did 0 damage the entire match, was going around capping while both teams were busy fighting in one area of the map. Needless to say, no one responded to the repeated pleas to go cap... and at the end, with it was 545-637 resources... the Locust hides... and wins the match for his team...

Worst part, it was River City... so all someone had to do was TRY to run to Kappa (the cap that was actively blinking red because the Locust was there) from Theta to uncap it and no one bothered for a good 45sec... instead, they ran around looking for the ECM locust and let them win. Not a single soul ever responded to the "please cap" that was said at least 5-10 times by dead teammates and my big slow assault.

Edited by Moonlander, 26 November 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#7 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

This game needs an option to deny spectators from looking through your cockpit.

#8 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

View PostEboli, on 25 November 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Well, certainly a reportable offense, if PGI ever does anything about such complaints.

It was Conquest, you had obviously been participating in your match by the state of your mech so such Team Mate was being a prat.

Seems to be a lot more abuse of "non-dead" players by "dead" players these days which is quite sad...

Best thing to do is just move on to the next game knowing that people like that have their own issues to deal with and you don't.

Cheers!
Eboli

I think it would really easy to disable chat for the dead.

The dead ones don't talk.
RIP

#9 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

If they prevent your team from winning with that: Report them. If they get reported often enough bad things will happen to their pixel-mech-accounts.

#10 JediMechwarrior

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMallory's World, Draconis March, Federated Suns

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:08 AM

This happens occasionally. I find that if time permits, type out your intentions to your team. When they still give you away, file your support ticket. As was already stated, one may leave the round if they are impatient.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

It is in the rules. If you already engaged you have every right to hide in match. It gives one the opportunity to get one last kill maybe more. Its a valid tactic and I use it myself from time to time. Many matches have bee won by such a strategy.

Report anyone who gives away your position. I think the regular reporting of DC's makes the knuckle draggers think its ok to do with active participants. So make any team treason to include DC's.

I signed on for the full 15 so I don't mind having to look at spawn points for DC's.

#12 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostTastian, on 25 November 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

So I hate playing hide n seek with the last guy as much as anyone but here's the story:

Conquest. I'm in my Mist Lynx - both arms gone and missing one shoulder. We are up on caps almost at 700. I'm one of two guys left on our team so I find a good hidey hole and power down. My team starts ratting my position out which leads to my death and our team loss. It's like they didn't want to win.

Sorry for the rant.

What was your plan, shut down them all to death? How were you going to "win"?

#13 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:08 AM

Sometimes people don't think, I absolutely hate it when people drag out skirmish matches by powering down meaning all we can do is wait for 7 minutes for what would be a win either way which just wastes a huge amount of time, but if you are in conquest there is no excuse, I'm sure you can report them for this.

#14 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

ive had the same problem with several players. solution? screenshot the infraction and send a support ticket.

i havent seen those players since. moral of the story? warn them the first time, report them if they continue to be a derp

#15 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:38 AM

View PostJammerben87, on 26 November 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

Sometimes people don't think, I absolutely hate it when people drag out skirmish matches by powering down meaning all we can do is wait for 7 minutes for what would be a win either way which just wastes a huge amount of time, but if you are in conquest there is no excuse, I'm sure you can report them for this.

I am sure your dead wrong. Its in the rules and you signed on for the full 15. Maybe you need more than one mech or play a trial if it bothers you so much. You can always disco and if your dead you don't matter to your team.
The game is not about you as much as you want it to be.

#16 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:40 AM

I have had this a lot while playing conquest, we use to be able to switch of HUD and stop your so call TEAM members giving away your location.
Personal I use to find a nice blank wall to face so they could not work out my location. But I understand that is it possible from spectator view to get grid location.

So with BAPS longer range it safer to keep moving and keep to edges of map and cover.

Personally I will not just give my mech up just so that they can join another game quicker. You do have a choice of mechs available while one mech is tied in a match.

#17 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

Thats the problem, the match is not about you, it's about teamwork and if you get mixed into a incompetent team, you already lost. You can't do anything to avoid team sided stupidity!

#18 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 26 November 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

I am sure your dead wrong. Its in the rules and you signed on for the full 15. Maybe you need more than one mech or play a trial if it bothers you so much. You can always disco and if your dead you don't matter to your team.
The game is not about you as much as you want it to be.

Then why don't they ban NGNG, who have a habit of giving away positions whenever matches are dragging?

#19 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 26 November 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

Then why don't they ban NGNG, who have a habit of giving away positions whenever matches are dragging?

Because NGNG are like lobbyists in DC. At least to PGI. Rules are enforced only on the Unwashed masses. The Elite get a pass. Doesn't mean I have opinions on NGNG. I do . I just refrain because it would be bannable to be honest. :)

#20 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:01 AM

After all: Easiest solution: Remove chat for Dead ppl. At least the <ALL> channel :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users