5 replies to this topic

#1 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

Hi guys, I hope you MRBC players find this useful , it was fun making it.
NOTE: currently in Alpha

http://www.reddit.co...opdeck_planner/

Just a cut and paste from the Reddit -----

Hi guys, first thanks to evilC_UK for showing interest.
So I took my tons of fun drop deck calc and turned it into an interactive drop planner for the MRBC league.
http://mrbcdropplann...rewebsites.net/
BTW re-uploaded tonnesoffun too at http://tonnesoffun.azurewebsites.net/
Ok got some much needed sleep.
This site is for all members of a dropship/ts channel to use at once. One person who creates the dropship(via the main page) is the drop commander, everyone else are just pilots. The drop commander need not be piloting a mech to still be the DC
I'll get back to the dropship creation and skip to the dropship page.
Navigate to the dropship you want to use either by the mainpage or via a link shared to you by the DC. Then enter your MWO pilot name(makes it easier for the DC to in-game invite you) into the alert.
The main page will open detailing

• the TS server with button links to auto connect you to the DC's TS server.

• The current pilot/user list currently in channel.

• The MRBC rule set chosen for the drop.

• A summary of the mechs and their pilots chosen by the DC for the next drop.

• A table of available pilot/mech combinations with selection buttons that only the DC can use.

• A user/pilot mech selection area split into Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault with a reset button to clear all selections.
So after you join the dropship your task pilot is to select one at a time as many mechs that you have ready to drop and to make the DC's job easier, mechs that fit the game mode.
After each press of the update button, your name and mech will be added to the available mech list for selection by the DC. When the DC selects you pilot, all your other mechs in the list are hidden because you can only pilot a single mech. When the DC deselects you all your previous mechs are redisplayed.
If you make a mistake just hit the reset button and all your selections will be cleared.
Drop Commanders, its your job to review who and want you have available to select a team for the next drop. Many more members than 8 can join your channel by design, pilots can select more mechs than one each by design. So at a glance you can see what group of available mechs you have to select your dropship from making with pilot/mech combo summary to make matching ingame invites and mech selections easier (I'm looking at you MWO lack of a private match API)
Well that's it, formatting is crap atm, but its functional.
Please leave any comments and I'll have a go at solving them, and Spread the word if you like it.
Cheers All

#2 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

Bump and Beta update pushed
http://mrbcdropplann...rewebsites.net/

here's a cut and paste from the reddit

Ok pushing an update as we speak.

Things changed

1.UI is not so yuk.

2.added a yellow/green/red symbols next to the drop rule mech classes, and yes the fixed mech does work. yellow is under number with red being over number.

3.got rid of the mech list over running the columns, now the chassis name will only appear on large screen res as per bootstrap

4.most of the weekend was taken up with concurrency issues, so in the end just added a 1 second wait before loading both the home page and the dropship details page. this lets the backend finish deleting the closed dropships.

5.the Drop commander is king, if he refreshes his/her page or navigates away, the dropship will be deleted and everyone will be kicked out (signalr has a 30 second timeout for dropped internet connections, so that is ok. only willful navigation will send a disconnect to the server straight away)

6.other players, usernames are stored in a session variable, but if you do refresh or navigated away, you will be dropped from the group, but upon rejoining, either from direct url or front page it will use the stored username ie no pop-up for you. if oyu get stuck close the browser and start again.

7. i can't remember......now i do, only the drop commander can select mechs with the checkbox, since only one pilot can pilot a mech, all his other selection are hidden until you delect his/her then they all return. So members of the group, select as many mechs as you have ready to go in game to give your drop commander all the options.
Switching game modes in coming and the option to select one will be removed from the creation page. Maybe throw in some other modes to select from, but atm everything is tightly coupled and I want to change to anglurjs from knockoutjs for my client binding first before going all extendable.
ok upload finished, have fun.
cheers

#3 fritzor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:50 AM

Thank you for your inputs and work. I will pass this info along to our unit leaders that run MRBC

#4 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

Thanks mate, EvilC_UK and Michelle have been providing good feedback.
Test it out and post on the reddit at /r/mwo and I'll get to work when I can on it

Cheers mate

#5 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

So this is where you have been hiding...

#6 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

I'm on enjin mail, hit me up anytime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users