#21 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

Just a thought on laser grouping:

On any of my builds where I have a lot of a particular weapon type (e.g. lots of lasers, lots of SRM launchers etc) I generally do whatever arrangement seems logical for group fire (like 'Gator, I prefer when possible to have left side weps on the L-mouse button, and right-side weps on the R-mouse button) but I also assign all of the to group 4, which is mapped to the rearmost side mouse button and set to chainfire.

So for the 4 Laser stalker (whichever kind of laser you're using) I'd have the left-side lasers in group1, right side lasers in 2 and all of them in 4, with 4 set to chain fire.

Might be worth a try if you'd rather not doubleclick to fire, and you have the extra buttons on your mouse.

#22 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

the whole CW thing really kicked my 4N in the crotch. So many times, pasting away at a mech, showing hits, mech gets two mech widths away from the cover, whatever it may be, and nothing, suddenly it looks like my laser if focused in front of me.
I've retired it, but will keep using the 3 for lerming

#23 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:07 AM

I actually did rather well in a STK-5M with 4x ERLL, multiple LRM5 and back-up CT ML in CW over the past weekend. Granted, that may be due to the fact that most of the time I was playing on Boreal. On the other map, it wasn't so hot (pun intended).

#24 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

now in pugs, the 4N still does pretty good, the older maps seem to be better.
four LL's, WITH cool down modules and range modules and zoom. Its a lot of fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users