Ammo Use By Location

7 replies to this topic

#1 Angels Bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

the order in which a mech uses its ammo is backwards in my far from humble opinion. it should be in this order: arms, legs, side torsos, center, head. the way it stands now when your shot all to pieces at the end of a battle your last ton of ammo is on the arm that's just a scratch away from being blown off. would be much easier to stay in the fight if that last ton was in the head.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

I think you should be able to choose which gun uses which ammo first.

As it stands, head is now last (while it used to be first) so if you have a slot, it's generally kinda safe.
Until a lucky AC20 or arty one shots the armour then crits the ammo. Boom

Edited by Mcgral18, 28 November 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#3 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 28 November 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I think you should be able to choose which gun uses which ammo first.

Totally agree. I would love the ability to assign which ammo bit is used in what order.

#4 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

A good way to store ammo would be in a specialized compartment that would specifically inhibit the blast if that ammo would have been set off. Now its a game of hide and seek to see where the ammo is. (C.A.S.E. does not count, it doesn't contain or inhibit the ammo going off, just redirects it, which is stupid if case just protected from ammo explosions in the first place it might be worth running)

Ammo usage should be Head-> CT -> STs -> Arms -> Legs. that is the only logical way of doing it since it gets the ammo closest to the pilot and the ******* fusion reactor away fastest.

#5 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostBrody319, on 28 November 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

A good way to store ammo would be in a specialized compartment that would specifically inhibit the blast if that ammo would have been set off. Now its a game of hide and seek to see where the ammo is. (C.A.S.E. does not count, it doesn't contain or inhibit the ammo going off, just redirects it, which is stupid if case just protected from ammo explosions in the first place it might be worth running)

That is called CASE II and we can't have it because it doesn't fit the timeline.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 28 November 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#6 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 November 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

That is called CASE II and we can't have it because it doesn't fit the timeline.

ah nothing like waiting 6 years for people to develop a metal box

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

LOL, normally ammo has to be in an adjacent slot to the gun your feeding. Ammo in the legs to equip an arm gun? Yeah, it doesnt work. SO just be lucky we dont have that mechanic in..

#8 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 28 November 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Totally agree. I would love the ability to assign which ammo bit is used in what order.

Love, yeah, but in terms of simplicity (and lowest possible impact on dev ressources) they should just default to arms, legs, ST, CT, head in that order. Who would choose a different order and why? Please explain and post a smurfy build to support it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users