• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

Press Release from the Duchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League, December 2, 3049

http://4thoriente.en...article/2652225

Posted Image

Today, we are pleased to announce that the 4th Oriente Hussars have been re-branded as the 13th Oriente Hussars, following extensive discussions among our membership and negotiations with PGI's management concerning PGI's rule banning the use of MechWarrior "lore" units in-game, effectively blocking 4th Oriente Hussars.

The lore unit rules were outlined in this post here: http://mwomercs.com/...stration-rules/

The blocked unit list is here: https://docs.google....Hq7U/edit#gid=0

As you can see, the 4th Oriente Hussars are listed at #2013.

Other variations of the Hussar name, as well as "Oriente" itself were blocked. However, PGI management informed us last week that we were now clear to use the non-lore 13th Oriente Hussars as our new unit name, which was adopted during a unit meeting this past Sunday night (November 30, 2014), effective immediately. Our new in-game unit tag is 13OH.

We look forward to building our own unit lore moving forward and continuing to fight for House Marik alongside our FWLM brothers and sisters in the great battle to save the Inner Sphere from the Clan invaders (and from the arrogant Steiners and Liaos as well).

Please forward any questions to the 13th Oriente Hussars' Public Affairs Office on Oriente.

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 02 December 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#2 Rowdydudeman

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

Good to hear from you Mick-E, The positive press coverage is an added bonus. B)

#3 stuh42l

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

Glad to be stationed here!

Um, why does it seem we don't have enough ammo to go around?

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

What a shame :( The 4th Oriente Hussars are among my favourite FWL units..

Are you sure any variation of the name was blocked? When the Unit update was released, i tried for experimental purposes some canon Clusters' names and they had been accepted :P

#5 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

What a shame :( The 4th Oriente Hussars are among my favourite FWL units..

Are you sure any variation of the name was blocked? When the Unit update was released, i tried for experimental purposes some canon Clusters' names and they had been accepted :P

Yes, all variations of the name, and even 'Oriente' itself was blocked. We communicated repeatedly with PGI staff for almost three months and offered to change to the non-lore 13th, which they approved. It was an acceptable compromise for us, although we did not take the decision lightly, and so "Oriente" was unblocked last week and we made the change after a unit meeting Sunday night.

On the plus side, we do get to write our own lore in the greater context of the FWL Oriente Hussar Brigade moving forward, and other than the unit number, nothing has changed except for an updated and more streamlined website.

So we'll take it.

#6 DEZIBAHN

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

*waves* Uh, hi... If I'm not mistaken... didn't I share a good few drops with the old 4th back in June? Because I remember dropping almost exclusively with some Hussars and I loved every moment. Been trying to remember who it was, now that I'm back online... and you, Mr. McEvedy, look damn familiar.

#7 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostDEZIBAHN, on 04 December 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

*waves* Uh, hi... If I'm not mistaken... didn't I share a good few drops with the old 4th back in June? Because I remember dropping almost exclusively with some Hussars and I loved every moment. Been trying to remember who it was, now that I'm back online... and you, Mr. McEvedy, look damn familiar.

Yessir, that was us! Polignac is our colonel, but he's currently away on leave.

Here's our website if you want to catch up, and I'm always active at the FWLM website.

http://4thoriente.enjin.com/home

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 05 December 2014 - 01:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users