Are The Hellbringers Worth Buying Or Should Wait For Bugs To Get Fixed Like Huge Ct And Get For Cbill Later.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Are the Hellbringers worth buying or should wait for bugs to get fixed like huge ct and get for cbill later. It is quite a bit of cbill to grind though and they would be nice to have to have a drop deck ready for Community Warfare.

I bought the Timberwolf alacarte package and thought that was totally worth it as its my favorite mech. I also got a set of storm crows when they were on sale for cbills which made me really broke cbill wise and then equiping everything, I did get up to like 4 million plus over the weekend and elited my timberwolves. I like storm crows too but run into the issue that wait they can't jump on several maps and have to take the long way around where I put jump jets on all my Timberwolves.

Edited by Athena Pryde, 03 December 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#2 GotitN4U

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:04 AM

The Ct on the hellbringer has already been Hot patch a day or so ago. Next to be fixed is

Hit Box corrections - Further refining of the the Mad Dog, Ice Ferret and Myst Lynx hit boxes. The focus was on reducing Mad Dog Left and Right Torso sizes, Ice Ferret primarily better distribution between the three front torsos better protecting the CT. Mist Lynx with as much reduction on the arm hit boxes as was possible.

Edited by GotitN4U, 03 December 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#3 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

If they were a stock.... people would be yelling BUY BUY BUY!

They do rock hard...

#4 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

The hitboxes have been mostly fixed and are fine now. I get outrageously good games in this mech now. 6xMPL is super deadly and heat efficient, all while covered in ECM.

If I were a dirty clanner, I'd run 3xHellbringers and 1xIce Ferret in CW. It's that good.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 04 December 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

The hitboxes have been mostly fixed and are fine now. I get outrageously good games in this mech now. 6xMPL is super deadly and heat efficient, all while covered in ECM.

If I were a dirty clanner, I'd run 3xHellbringers and 1xIce Ferret in CW. It's that good.

So, would this make me a slightly less dirty clanner then?

ECM Direct Fire Support drop deck:

Hellbringer
Hellbringer
Hellbringer
Kit Fox

#6 HurricaneZ

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

I've been trying to work a nice build but nothing exciting. 2M in the chest allows for weak LRM boating, and a weak SRM punch for a heavy. The 2B in the arms are nice, but the weigh restrictions prevent me from having 2 AC10, which a catapult or jaeger can do. 2 x AC5s are good for medium, but not for a heavy, which forces me to mix an AC5 and an AC10 (or combos of LBX). Not sure how to work this guy.

#7 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostHurricaneZ, on 04 December 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

I've been trying to work a nice build but nothing exciting. 2M in the chest allows for weak LRM boating, and a weak SRM punch for a heavy. The 2B in the arms are nice, but the weigh restrictions prevent me from having 2 AC10, which a catapult or jaeger can do. 2 x AC5s are good for medium, but not for a heavy, which forces me to mix an AC5 and an AC10 (or combos of LBX). Not sure how to work this guy.

I've been using this on my Hellberings:

HBR-PRIME

The big thing to remember with it, is you are fire support to something bigger. I'm never top in damage, but usually 250-400 with 1 kill and 4 to 9 assists usually.

#8 HurricaneZ

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

So been trying out some more situaltions with the HRB, and it appears that when we drop in lance, the HBR is the one that's targeted first. With hindsight, if I was to encounter a group with a HRB, I would also target it first, since as we all know ECM is a major problem to overcome. With this in mind, my targeting priority is always, ECM first, with COM and SPR being top light targets, followed by RVN and so on, up the weight ladder, till the AS7 being the last to target, or the one to avoid.

As such, I'm finding the HRB especially difficult to level barely getting in damage, or if I do survive, maybe topping off damage in the 200s in the match.

As of right now, I'm finding the KFX a much better supporting mech than the HRB. because of it's size and AMS defensive bonuses.

#9 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostHurricaneZ, on 07 December 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

So been trying out some more situaltions with the HRB, and it appears that when we drop in lance, the HBR is the one that's targeted first. With hindsight, if I was to encounter a group with a HRB, I would also target it first, since as we all know ECM is a major problem to overcome. With this in mind, my targeting priority is always, ECM first, with COM and SPR being top light targets, followed by RVN and so on, up the weight ladder, till the AS7 being the last to target, or the one to avoid.

As such, I'm finding the HRB especially difficult to level barely getting in damage, or if I do survive, maybe topping off damage in the 200s in the match.

As of right now, I'm finding the KFX a much better supporting mech than the HRB. because of it's size and AMS defensive bonuses.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such issues with it.. when I drop with my Lance in group, I'm usually paired up with a couple of Dire Wolves (I run with CGBI) so I seem to be the lesser threat when faced with a Hellbringer, Timby and two dual gauss Dire Wolves...

#10 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm running a stock Hellbringer Prime, and provided I don't get volleyed off the battlefield I usually rake in 500-1200 damage a match.

Best thing to do is sit with the assaults and other heavies and let them sneak up on the enemy. Few things are more terrifying than a lance of Daishis and Mad Cat rolling up on your flank looking to snack on your sweet torso meat.

#11 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

wait for 30-50% off sales on ANY mech.

#12 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

Thank you for the replies.

I been running 3 Stormcrows (one of each) and a Timberwolf-C in the 5 Community Warfare drops I made solo this past weekend for the event. Got over 80 points for each one so it worked well enough but some drops I was in did not have any Hellbringers or Kitfoxes for ECM but I guess that is the nature of pugging should start looking to join a unit to join. Community Warfare is pretty fun so far but getting pugs to understand that they need to rush the base taking leg/arm shots so the drop ship doesn't come with the respawns and wipe us out is like herding cats.

Big question is what do units want for drop decks?

Should I be getting Hellbringers or are Kitfox's preferred for ECM?

I usually wait for sales if possible but I was looking at getting buying Hellbringers now for cash using the Ala carte plan or waiting to buy them for cbills later. Or should I be getting the whole pack if I do spend money. The other mechs did not seem worthwhile from what I read.

Edited by Athena Pryde, 15 December 2014 - 08:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users