67 replies to this topic

#21 Bophades

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAlshain Station, Snowbird Tavern. Draconis Combine

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

I look apon the the Free Rasalhague Republic and see not enemies, but allies. Brothers and sisters, who were have in the past shared a culture and heritage with the Draconis Combine. Now we share common enemies, and worry over the same threats at our borders. We were once one people, I say it is time we fight as if we still were. Together we can crush the threat of Clans on our doorsteps, and slap down the greed of the Steiner pigs.

#22 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

I have done at least several drops to try to help turtle bay so I am ok with an informal agreement for the short term personally. Clans will be the hard part. I am not against is vs is skirmishes though.

#23 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

This non aggression pact with Kurtia makes sense, to argue against it is not to the FRR's best interests.

Not much can be done about independents deciding to attack either of our faction's planets, but we can stop organized units from attacking them for the most part by this agreement.

We need to focus on attacking clan planets with organized and coordinated units, for that is where the true threat resides.

#24 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostAbivard, on 12 December 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

This non aggression pact with Kurtia makes sense, to argue against it is not to the FRR's best interests.

Not much can be done about independents deciding to attack either of our faction's planets, but we can stop organized units from attacking them for the most part by this agreement.

We need to focus on attacking clan planets with organized and coordinated units, for that is where the true threat resides.

I completely agree. The pact would have to allow us to defend and maybe retake contested planets, since we cant control all independant players.
But to mostly pacify one of our borders can only be in the interest of the FRR.

#25 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

That is a perfectly acceptable and expected condition to the truce. As long as we continue communication regarding potential planets that are attacked by independent players I think it will work well.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 12 December 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#26 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 12 December 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

That is a perfectly acceptable and expected condition to the truce. As long as we continue communication regarding potential planets that are attacked by independent players I think it will work well.

I am supporting this truce proposal, but we have to discuss this at the Althing first and get all FRR units on board.

I move that we (the FRR Units) use the upcomming Yule finals to hold a Allthing and discuss this and several other important matters.
I am sure it is in our best interest to get to a decission about this within a short time.

If we get to the decission to accept the truce I furthermore move to invite Kurita representatives to discuss possible joint operations at the ghost bear borders.

Edited by Klappspaten, 12 December 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#27 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

I concur with Klappsoaten. The Yule should provide us with a large enough group of our members to get an accurate vote on things.

#28 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure we've already lost 7 or 8 planets along our Kurita border.
It seems to me like quite a one-sided truce.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 12 December 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#29 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

The Phoenix Legion Merc Regiment [PHL] just signed a contract with the Republic. Since there are nice contracts offered on Leoben and Verthandi, we'll fight alongside you on these borderworlds.

#30 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 12 December 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure we've already lost 7 or 8 planets along our Kurita border.
It seems to me like quite a one-sided truce.

We most definitely didn´t there was only one planet even open for attack on the kurita border.
And even if we accept the truce, that would not mean that we wouldn´t keep an eye out for the snakes.

It is just that IF a trustworthy truce is possible it would make it a LOT easyer for us to hold the clan front.

View PostWarchild Corsair, on 12 December 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

The Phoenix Legion Merc Regiment [PHL] just signed a contract with the Republic. Since there are nice contracts offered on Leoben and Verthandi, we'll fight alongside you on these borderworlds.

You help is most welcome, the republic will not kneel before the clanner scum.

Edited by Klappspaten, 12 December 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#31 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 12 December 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

We most definitely didn´t there was only one planet even open for attack on the kurita border.

I hope you're right.
I didn't get to look at the map very long before the border shifted. <_<

#32 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 12 December 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

I hope you're right.
I didn't get to look at the map very long before the border shifted. <_<

Its possible that with each frontline change multiple planets switch owner, but there is only one planet been fought over and lost.

#33 UCR Starwolf

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

Kuritans are pretty soft. And we aren't going to survive against the clanners. Might as well survive as long as we can against our IS friends. They already have hundreds of worlds. We will lose 2 planets every day to the clan, so we need 2 planets each day from our generous Inner Sphere brothers. If they view us as friends, surely they will let us appropriate their planets.

#34 JHackworth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

is FRR even organized enough to be in a position to make any sort of agreement? I am just a poor Merc but I don't get the sense that there is unified war-council of any sort for FRR? I'd love to be informed otherwise.

#35 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostJHackworth, on 12 December 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

is FRR even organized enough to be in a position to make any sort of agreement? I am just a poor Merc but I don't get the sense that there is unified war-council of any sort for FRR? I'd love to be informed otherwise.

I am informing you otherwise, and you are loving it.

The Riksdag.
They are currently debating the alliance and will have the answer no later than at the end of the Yule Tournament.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 12 December 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#36 Zepster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

I'm thinking Liquid Leopard and UCR Starpuppy need to pay attention to what is actually going on. I'll leave this to the diplomatic members but those kind of comments do nothing to further the potential truce. We took ONE planet and gave you ONE in return. Honestly I hope it pans out but if not then game on :)

#37 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

View PostUCR Starwolf, on 12 December 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Kuritans are pretty soft. And we aren't going to survive against the clanners. Might as well survive as long as we can against our IS friends. They already have hundreds of worlds. We will lose 2 planets every day to the clan, so we need 2 planets each day from our generous Inner Sphere brothers. If they view us as friends, surely they will let us appropriate their planets.

So you want to put your tail between your legs and run?
Is that what you are saying? At least the losses against ghost bear are because of a bug, we dropped to defend leoben and didn´t find an opponent, so the game dropped us as attacker.

#38 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostUCR Starwolf, on 12 December 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Sounds like a Quisling, looks like a Quisling, walks like a Quisling, bet it is what it seems.

#39 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

Eguilles is yours, our borders are equal again.

#40 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 13 December 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Eguilles is yours, our borders are equal again.

We appreciate the settlement of this minor border incident. A treaty with Kurita is not a topic that the FRR quickly can come to an agreement about, as you might imagine, the discussion is still going on, but I am sure that we will come to an agreement within the next 12 hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users