67 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

An idea. For a two week trial period, organized DCMS units and FRR units will have a temporary truce, keeping our border planets as they are and only attacking to regain planets lost to ronin/renegade units.

This would follow in the steps of Theodore Kurita's proposal of Rasalhague independence and would allow both of our nations some freedom. You have some Steiner scum encroaching and the threat of the clanners while Smoke Jaguar and the fedcom rats are on our borders. Having a secure border between our nation's would benefit us both, and I'm sure we can send some HK warriors to help contain the Clans that are facing you currently.

Now, if this is unacceptable we will freely resume attacking you with our forces, but I would I would be disappointed if there wasn't any discussion. After all, we used to be so close :)

#2 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

No need for this, You have Warriors from all Houses wetting their feet in clanner blood because of FRR.

Leoben has been fun fighting over.

#3 Hug Kesse

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 51 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTarragona - Catalonia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

View PostJazriel, on 12 December 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

No need for this, You have Warriors from all Houses wetting their feet in clanner blood because of FRR.

Leoben has been fun fighting over.

Perhaps we should discuss the propossal before giving a rapid and unthinked answer. I' agree with the non-agression propossal.
I think the most dangerous foe at this moment are the clans, and we need to evaluate this danger. We have no need of more enemies at our gates at this moment...

But we should discuss the benefits and drawbacks.

#4 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

Easy to talk peace after flipping FRR territory. What do I know I'm just a filthy merc.

#5 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 12 December 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Now, if this is unacceptable we will freely resume attacking you with our forces, but I would I would be disappointed if there wasn't any discussion. After all, we used to be so close :)

What a silver tongue you have.
Perhaps you forget the dire lesson Hohiro Kuria I learned upon his death.
The Free people of Rasalhague are not easily cowed.

#6 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

An idea. For a two week trial period, organized DCMS units and FRR units will have a temporary truce, keeping our border planets as they are and only attacking to regain planets lost to ronin/renegade units.

This would follow in the steps of Theodore Kurita's proposal of Rasalhague independence and would allow both of our nations some freedom. You have some Steiner scum encroaching and the threat of the clanners while Smoke Jaguar and the fedcom rats are on our borders. Having a secure border between our nation's would benefit us both, and I'm sure we can send some HK warriors to help contain the Clans that are facing you currently.

With FedCom and the clans on your borders, you have plenty of reason not to open a third front. Let's leave it at that for now.

#7 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

I most vehemently agree with this.. I would like to propose a similar agreement towards Lyran Commonwealth... it would do well to focus our iniative towards the greater threat, not our friends who have been crucial in our independence.

#8 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

The Kuritan speaks with forked tongue. A veiled threat is not a proposal for truce. We were concentrating on our outer border last night when I noticed the skirmishing happening on our Kuritan and Steiner borders. They attack first and then ask for a truce?

#9 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

No forked tongue. Take Eguilles to compensate for losing Halesowen last night. We've got bigger fish to fry, both of us.

The Kuritan High Council is together on this, we'll honor our agreement.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 12 December 2014 - 07:08 AM.

#10 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

I'll forward this to SoR command.

#11 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but **** Kurita, and **** their truce. Dirty snake's word is as good as soggy bread.

#12 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

Like I said, up to you guys if you want to accept. If not, we're happy to fight. I'd rather not, since it makes more sense for us to focus on other enemies but that's up to the FRR now.

#13 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

You'll have to excuse Vhetra. Old rivalries die hard. With what we have on both of our plates, we'll have little room for anything else.

#14 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

Only Kuritan that I ever respected were those Arkab fellas.

You get them over for negotiation and maybe I'll think about it.

#15 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

My Lord Ikka speaks with valor and conviction, If he offers truce, then our forces will be bound by honor to follow the councils lead.

#16 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

Arkab is with this as well- DCMS Council is for this. That contains Leaders/Diplos from these units: 9th Sword of the Dragon, Night's Scorn, Arkab Legions, 3rd Takata Lancers, 228th IBR, 6th Rangers: Night Talons, 3rd Benjamin, Ronin Legion, 36th Dieron, Alshain Avengers, 11th Legion of Vega.

#17 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

The Clanners are on our doorstep! Hell, we've got Wolf and Ghost Bear in our damn living room right now. If someone would like to not attack us for a fracking minute I'd be fine with it.

Edited by SuperAtomicAirplane, 12 December 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#18 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostSuperAtomicAirplane, on 12 December 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

The Clanners are on our doorstep! Hell, we've got Wolf and Ghost Bear in our damn living room right now. If someone would like to not attack us for a fracking minute I'd be fine with it.

Steady your nerves brother, for Ragnarok is upon us.

#19 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

...we will freely resume attacking you with our forces...

^ This tells me they already attacked, and makes me wonder how they can be sincere about a truce.

View PostLord Ikka, on 12 December 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

...Take Eguilles to compensate for losing Halesowen last night.

"Take Eguilles"? Not "Our bad, here's Halesowen back"?
...And what about Ardoz, Kaesong, Maule, and Courchevel?
...And I see I'm not the only one to question the truce proposal.

As much as I like the idea of a truce (IS-wide if it were possible), I also like the idea of discussing this on the FRR hub, and watching the borders to make sure nobody tries to sneak away with one of our planets.

After all, any treaty comes with mutual surveillance, and needs transparency to hold up.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 12 December 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#20 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

In-game planetary attacks made the next available HK planet FRR could attack Eguilles, not an option to retake Halesowen. Halesowen was the only FRR lost to HK, mainly due to unaffiliated pug drops and a lack of communication within the organized HK units. That communication lapse has been cleared up. The four other planets you mention are either yours (Maule that I know of) or not yours by PGI's count, as there has only been one conquest attack window so far. Thus our non defense of Eguilles is recompense for the loss of Halesowen.

I'm all for transparency in this. Feel free to question me or our motives, but we are legitimately trying to make this work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users