12 replies to this topic

#1 Cool will never die but you will

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIn a Cockpit

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

Is it just me or if no FRR players ever sign up for a planets defense, we'll never lose one?

Perhaps we as a faction, should Focus on Attacking other planets instead of the canonical clan steam roll though our space.

"I will never go to Valhalla, for I shall bring Valhalla to me!" - Jonathan Anger

#2 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

Gaming the system seems like a bad way to play..

#3 Cool will never die but you will

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIn a Cockpit

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

perhaps it is, but I don't want to lose, ad I will do everything in my power to defend the FRR. even if that means not defending her.

As I stated, we should focus on attacking not defending.

"In war there are two types of people, the victors and the defeated. which one will you be?"

#4 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

Odin will never call you in to Valhalla...

Edited by Tank, 12 December 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#5 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

To coordinate drops for CW visit Teamspeak server: frrhub.tk:9725

Password: Dragon (the "D" is capitalized)

#6 Spurowny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

It won't work anyway, CW will drop an attacking team against your planets turrets alone, with no mech defenders at all.

#7 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostSpurowny, on 12 December 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

It won't work anyway, CW will drop an attacking team against your planets turrets alone, with no mech defenders at all.

This. A couple posts about this happening to people. Not sure if it is intentional. One the one hand it makes sense, on the other it could very easily be abused by large groups or off-hours.

#8 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

View Postangryjohnny, on 12 December 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

As I stated, we should focus on attacking not defending.

Agreed.

View PostSpurowny, on 12 December 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

So... that's all you could come up with as to why people dropping in CW on the FRR front should not meet on the same Teamspeak to coordinate drops? Did you leave your brain at home or something? When players are active they should always try cooridating their drops so that they can fight more effectively together. That's group dropping 101, the most basic of the basic. Unless your comment was directed at someone else in which case I rescind my statements and sincerely apologize for the mix up.

#9 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

If you do not sign up they will get a free win, just have to take out the cannon vs turrets. We just did it to steiner.

#10 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

The matches without a defender are not intentional.
However, OPs idea wouldn´t work anyway, because if we did that all the attacking 12 man units would stand against our solo players and they would reign supreme, we need to defend AND attack.

#11 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

Maybe you guys should play more games and think about the mechanic before making a thread.

#12 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostCerlin, on 12 December 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

If you do not sign up they will get a free win, just have to take out the cannon vs turrets. We just did it to steiner.

View PostKlappspaten, on 12 December 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

However, OPs idea wouldn´t work anyway, because if we did that all the attacking 12 man units would stand against our solo players and they would reign supreme, we need to defend AND attack.

Organized units should only click defend a planet when they see the message that the planet is currently under attack and needs defenders.

An organized unit should never initiate a Defense to launch a game! This will result in a DEFENSE call going out to to the planets attacking faction and your unit will find itself in counter attack mode. This is the worst possible type drop, avoid it.

FRR units should initiate attacks against clan controlled worlds, or they should be on 'Reaction' to respond to Clan attacks on FRR or allied controlled planets.

#13 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 12 December 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

It is intentional. Else, as proposed, a Faction getting attacked would just have to not defend and attackers could never take a planet.

Without attackers able to take a planet tick without defenders, everyone would just attack, no one would defend, and we'd have no conflicts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users