11 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hey everyone,

A number of players are experiencing client crashes resulting from Memory Allocation Errors when running the new Community Warfare game mode.

Until we can roll out some fixes to resolve or reduce these occurrences, the steps outlined below should be able to limit them from occurring.

If you are running MWO under DirectX 9:

Lower your Texture settings to Medium or lower (through Settings > Video > Advanced Options)

OR

Run MWO under DirectX 11. This will allow your system to utilize your GPU memory along with your system RAM and potentially allow you to keep your Texture quality setting at higher levels without experiencing the error.

If you are running under DX11 and are still receiving these errors, lower your Texture settings to medium or lower.

Please note that the success of these workarounds is entirely contingent upon your system having at least 4GB of physical RAM in your system. This is the minimum amount of RAM recommended for running MWO.

#2 Edwin K

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

So since the patch started I have only been able to drop twice.

My Setup:
Core i-5 4XXXK
16GB RAM
XFX HD7970 3GB GHZ Edition

I have reduced my Resolution to FULL-HD and since then have been able to drop twice.
I lowered my texture setting to low, but still get crashes despite using DX11.

When I try to join CW or even regular games I can connect to the game and wait on the ready screen, but right in the moment when the game should actually begin, my computer shuts down.

I did turn off the "restart on system error" option in my windows configuration but this did not help a bit.

#3 LameoveR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

I'm newbie and didn't played CW yet. Memory allocation errors happens EVEN in regular games. For me it happens ONLY in full-screen mode. In full-window mode it does not happens.
Core i5 3570k
16 GB RAM
GTX 660 2GB

#4 ASHTAR0N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:44 AM

I have been playing MWO since early 2013 and NEVER had this error. Since the patch there is a 50% chance for me to crash when joining a match. And when I have to reconnect I have again a 50% chance of crashing. And it doesnt matter if I play CW or a regular match.

#5 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

I run at DX11 and it doesn't matter which texture setting I use; the CTDs happen almost every match. I have however been able to rejoin every single match I've crashed from though. The crashes have always happened at the moment of the drop just prior to the map splash screen.

I have 12 GBs of RAM, and my video card has 2 GB.

#6 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Why are you guys telling them about how long you've played with out said errors? I mean the first thing the man said in the post was that the memory leak is occurring in CW and is a problem created by CW's beta nature. yeah they KNOW you have the problem hence this forum post telling you a possible quick fix on our end till they can patch it. The crashes are clearly not the fault of any one's hardware, as the regular game modes run fine at ALL settings. My beef is the lag , every game mode is getting heavy lag right now due to CW.

Edited by Demon Horde, 15 December 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#7 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

In my 32 bits system the crash can happen in any moment during the game, even if it is the first game played.

Sometime I get the "allocation error" dialog or even more of them, other times it simply crashes to the desktop without any message, it is possible there are two distinct problems going on.

#8 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:20 AM

Haven't tried CW yet and it happens, reported here first.

I use DX9 because there is a bug in DX11 where if something happen in the background like an incoming email that pop a tiny window the game will lose focus and go on taskbat while this never happen in DX9. Please fix this!

#9 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

"FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read"

...even with graphics settings at the lowest settings.

...even running DX11.

...even running 64-Bit (after 32-Bit failed)

So you guys patched the game I've invested hundreds of dollars into and have NEVER had an issue with, and made it unplayable... Where's my refund then?

#10 drizz786

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCardross Scotyland

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hey guy's something i found to help smooth the game is to use task manager , get to the mwo process and step it up to high priority. With me this increases system ram use by 3-400 mb not much but enough to notice smoother game play.

AMD FX 9590 @4.8
R290x 8 gig version (stock clocks)
16 gig vengance @1864

#11 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

Nice for fix this issue PGI ( i play with 32 bits os and medium or lower textures not more ) now no more issue !!!

But it happend some rare times with mordor map... http://hpics.li/2c4f0b7

If crash not happend when loading this map, i noticed my client will crash by this way after one or X games after having play on mordor map and will never crash if didn't played mordor before...

Something unique on this map ( a texture, a sound or a meshe ) must create this... maybe too much triangles.. don't know.

This thing is always there somewhere hidden, when you will add some new features witch need memory this issue will insta reappear ... :ph34r: :excl:

View PostT Decker, on 21 January 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

"FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read"

This kind of message is due about corrupted files .... launch repair tools 3 or 4 times for see ...

Edited by Idealsuspect, 04 February 2015 - 12:33 AM.

#12 BaronVonH

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada/Bahamas

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

[color="#550055"]It's highly likely that the crashes are resulting from the integrated Intel
> HD Graphics 4600 graphics chip in your system. Although your CPU and RAM
> might meet the minimum recommended system requirements, the integrated Intel
> GPU unfortunately falls below what we recommend to run the game smoothly.
>
> Please copy the attached attributes.xml file over to your C:\Users\<your
> username>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Profiles\<your pilot name> folder,
> replacing the existing attributes.xml.
> These custom attributes will force the lowest possible settings for your
> MW:O client. It won’t be pretty, but at the very least they should get you
> back in the game.
>
> Please note that this should only be considered a temporary workaround for
> running MW:O in its current state. We can't guarantee that future updates
> won't outpace the performance abilities of lower-end graphic cards or
> systems.

ANYONE ELSE THINK ITS BULLSHIT THAT I WASNT TOLD MY SYSTEM WOULDN"T RUN CW BEFORE I BOUGHT THE WRATH PACK? Refund time. I meet minimums, and now am told that minimums WONT run the game?!?!?! How in the Hell could those be considered minimum requirements, then?!?!?! WTF did you let me buy anything, without telling us that there are new minimums? PGI, another one bites the dust... Troll me if you will, but I have been MORE than patient. This is the final straw. If you can't guarantee it will work, I want my money back. It worked fine when I paid you.[/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users