#21 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Well, I'm gather the FRR is now using lame ass tactics to defend themselves against Ghost Bear. Spawn camping, trying to launch massive attacks right before the attack phase ends...

I would have thought anyone who signed up for FRR were prepared to go down like men and fight until the bitter end. Not rely on weak game mechanics to get their way. We all knew what would happen with FRR. PGI has designed the galaxy map and the CW mechanics to ensure that the game will proceed more or less like Battletech lore. Which means we're in for a beating.

In the future, whenever I drop with a team who's looking to spawn camp in order to delay invaders, you best believe I will be doing my utmost to open the flood gates and let the bears attack my team. Grown men, camping behind the enemy gates for 30 minutes to make sure the timer runs out. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't really understand you, Allistair. I don't consider myself a biased individual. I can usually understand different points of view, even if I don't agree with them, but I don't get yours. You joined our unit, bitched and quit after you accused us of running "cheese builds". Occasionally I run across you complaining on the other forums because something is more effective than whatever you'd like it to be. Now you're complaining that we're doing things that win games.

As near as I can tell, you enjoy losing, or you enjoy doing what you find fun, even if it loses consistently. That's fine, I suppose, but to accuse us of using "lame ass tactics" because they work well showcases a lack of competitive mindset and a fundamental absence of mechanical understanding.

We are given an objective. We achieve that objective in the most efficient means possible. If you don't understand that, then the problem lies with your own PUG mentality, where you want to do what you find fun and don't care about working with a team or using what's effective. That's not our problem. It's yours.

You're right, this is a game, so feel free to do whatever you find fun. But you'll have to excuse us for using intelligent tactics to save your faction's planets. It's a sacrifice we make.

#22 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

Apologies for this post, Mech the Dane, and for starting this discussion in your thread to begin with. It wasn't my intention to derail your thread. I will take the discussion elsewhere, but I'll leave this here since Malzel is speaking directly to me.

Spoiler

Edited by Alistair Winter, 18 December 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#23 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

Its funny how you claim that this runner where critizised for helping her competitor, and simultaineously use an artikle in which she is praised for it.

Dane, I too am sorry for derailing your thread, but this is so fun that I am physically unable to leave it be.

#24 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Takes a lot of self-righteousness to accuse an entire faction writ-large of using lame-ass tactics to win, and then write several responses claiming it's nothing personal, you didn't mean to offend anyone, you're just ashamed of their collective behavior because they're not taking some sort of self-handicapped high road that you consider proper.

I do remember you, and I remember telling my guys to back off when you offended them with the same kind of passive-aggressive, holier-than-thou posts you're making here. Again, we can agree to disagree on what's fun, and you're 100% welcome to play however you like, in whatever unit that thinks like you do, but don't walk in here and castigate us because we're not playing within your narrow definition of sportsmanship.

#25 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

@Malzel: Some of what you say is right. My apologies.

#26 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

Always impressed when someone offers a mea culpa in an internet argument. +1 respect.

In return, I agree that spawn camping isn't that exciting, and I thought the generator zerg rush was OP. I'm glad to see PGI take steps to remove both of those tactics.

#27 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well if we are to talk epic battles i have to put this snippet up. All in all we where down to the last round of mechs for most and we had to get that gun offline... One last push for glory.

http://youtu.be/mrR3xckAA7U

#28 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

The 1st Blue Vengeance Naglfars Journey finally arrived at the frontline and imediately did some damage. We attacked Lovinac against Clan Wolf and won 5 out of 5 matches.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We did suffer heavy loses, but against ruthless efficiency and superior deceitfullness resistance proved futile. :D

Edited by Klappspaten, 21 December 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#29 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

I've been trying to pug for you guys but it's tough going. Last time was with a 4man group from another faction who said quite clearly they had no interest in winning, they were just grinding the 80pts. They wouldn't push and were otherwise worthless. I wonder how much of that sort of behavior you guys are getting; people using your defenses against the Clans as a place to drop where they don't care about the outcome.

Frustrating and unfortunate. If only there was a way to track units/factions and their history on given planets.

#30 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

I tried playing CW solo or in a small group, but it was really frustrating so I dont do that anymore. Too much guys who think they are still in public que.
But we from the organized units are startig to get our **** together.

#31 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Congrats to your victories, Blue Vengence! Your help is direly needed on the Clan front, it's tough here.

#32 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

We are ASE Merc Corps.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Lowbrid

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

#34 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

That's odd. Here's what usually happens with Clan PUGs:

Posted Image

Also, a shared drop with the 5th Drakons. Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, lives sacrificed, and yet there was no word for it but victory.

Posted Image

Edited by Malzel, 29 December 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#35 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostLowbrid, on 29 December 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

What is it about you Wolf guys that you are such jerks about conquering FRR planets? The bears manage to kick our asses a lot more than you and still be nice people.

Edited by Klappspaten, 30 December 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#36 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 30 December 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

What is it about you Wolf guys that you are such jerks about conquering FRR planets? The bears manage to kick our asses a lot more than you and still be nice people.

I think too many FRR people are thin skinned, take things way to seriously.

#37 Publius

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

Using many of the skills and tactics I've learned from my fellow FRR teammates, I was able to successfully organize this counterattack on the sulfur pits of Casere. All this, despite one disconnect for most of the battle and another teammate that was marching to his own drummer.

Posted Image

#38 DeFfEaT

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 80 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMWO

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

first killed them all) and then base already destroyed)Posted Image

Edited by MWOmadcat, 31 December 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#39 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

Great job! Burninate them!

#40 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostLowbrid, on 29 December 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Wow , a successful defense on Boreal, why that is unheard of. No one has ever been able to do a successful defense of the ice map!

Defending ice map is so much harder than defending on the hot map, or attacking on either map. I Imagine you must feel really proud of that stupendous feat of arms.

Edited by Abivard, 31 December 2014 - 05:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users