Didnt Get A Tech Support Response - And Really Would Like To Play The Game. Core Issue: Can't Download New Game Without Getting Md5 Hash Error.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Gofer

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

To all you VERY smart people; Thank you in advance / I apologize for the length - I've edited it significantly on 12/17/14

On Saturday, 12/13/14, I upgraded my computer from: (updated from original submission to reflect additonal actions to repair)

350 w Powersupply

AMD A6,2200 with 2.1 Ghz processer mounted on Asus A75 MB
using 8 Meg of memory (2x4.0 sticks) feeding an NVidia GTX 550ti
and a pair of 7200 rpm Drives; C: 340 Gig / E: 250 Gig.
Monitors: 21" Dell / 18" Westinghouse
Ad Aware is only virus prot on system; zero issues; never had conflict since closed beta began

>> This was giving me a solid framerate in combat of 25; dipping to 20.

to:

550 w Powersupply
AMD A8 3780 with 3.0 Ghz processer mounted on Asus A75 MB
upgraded to 16 Meg of memory (4x4.0 sticks) ~ all matching kingston
feeding an EVGA GTX 760 with 2 gig and the same 2 drives
Monitors: Dual 24" Dell 1920x1080's
Have Ad Aware turned off to get the file downloaded; making sure that it's not blocking anything.

>>>>

Got the "FRead did not read the expected numbe rof byte from file. Only 128 of 0 bytes read"

Read Forum Stuff; Took Corrective Action. No Success.

Restarted the computer; tried again - same result.

Read More Forum Stuff.

Ran the repair tool; fixed the errors (it said that mismatched files were the issue; referred to PAK files).

restarted the machine and ran the game. Now the error reads: "Missing PAK file ERROR"

restarted again. Same "Missing PAK" error.

Re-Ran the repair tool. It referenced the same mismatched files and reloaded lots of *.PAK files

Same error; wont run. So many people experiencing similar issues. Decided to Delete game and do fresh reload.

At completion of download and at some partially complet get the #MD5 error (read lots about that on the Forums)

Downloaded 8x times changing various things.

* * * U P D A T E * * *

Finally removed the additional 8 Gig of RAM that I had added and *poof*; the #MD5 error is gone and the game downloaded and now runs slick and at framerates 3x my original with no stability issues.

I want to thank the community and the nice folks at PGI for helping so much with this issue. Go Pro.

its a tragedy that there still is no "answer on why the #MD5 error is taking out a bunch of our installs and killing our game time... people just go off quietly and play another game or find their own answers.

Edited by Gofer, 17 December 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Vassa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Does give one the impression PGI is only interested in people paying for the game not playing the game.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

Finally removed the additional 8 Gig of RAM that I had added and *poof*; the #MD5 error is gone and the game downloaded and now runs slick and at framerates 3x my original with no stability issues.

I want to thank the community and the nice folks at PGI for helping so much with this issue. Go Pro.

its a tragedy that there still is no "answer on why the #MD5 error is taking out a bunch of our installs and killing our game time... people just go off quietly and play another game or find their own answers.

Just pointing out some errors are difficult to troubleshoot. The MDS 5 error could be anything from corruption on its way to your system or your system not saving the info properly. The difficult part is troubleshooting memory issues, especially if it clears Prime95 and/or other system stressing software programs.

And with PGI, they are a small staff and if they are like many other companies, to reduce liability issues and such, many likely follow a troubleshooting script of some sort, and not allowed to provide outside the box suggestions. And the larger the company gets, you will also get people for tier 1 support who all they can do is go through the script as they do not have any real life IT experience, though for a few the longer they work there the more experience they gain, on the job and outside the workplace, at least with a specific product.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 December 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#4 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

http://www.techsuppo...ted-119618.html

bad ram corrupts files, if your ram is bad that has nothing to do with this game. return the ram and buy a higher quality brand of memory.

#5 Coners

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

My friend had the same problem.
Download the repair tool. You can download the whole game with it.
http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe

Coners

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users