Number Of Fronts

5 replies to this topic

#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

It seems obvious to me that Steiner, Kurita, and the FRR have the highest number of potential fronts. These powers also seem to be steadily losing worlds.

Without actual data it's impossible to tell; but are the powers with lots of fronts losing worlds steadily because they are spread too thin, or because they are losing a lot of matches?

The Clan fronts are extremely small by comparison, and it's fairly rare for them to go through a conquest period without taking a world. Is this because Clan tech is superior, or because the whole effort of the faction is focused on such a small number of spots?

#2 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

For what it's worth, we held Smoke Jaguars back from Turtle Bay for three or four days - but lost a lot of worlds to rival Houses in the meantime. From what I can tell, we're just spread too thin. When we pile on we can take or hold a planet, just not five or six of them at a time. :)

#3 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

The forums also seem to think that only 1 of the ceasefires every day actually flips planets...

So, depending on WHEN you play, all your hard work may be being wasted.

#4 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Keep an eye on Catalina Steiners excellent posts "News from the Front", I think the fact that Steiner, Kurita and the FRR have extra "fronts to defend" makes the real difference here. Each has very good units, there is NO DOUBT about that (having proven themselves over and over again in the last few days), but you can only plug so many leaks....

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:41 AM

We need Marik to get with the program and stop hassling the Fedcom. Honestly, the IS should be working together more often. Or we could just start allocating exorbitant amounts of resources to wiping out the Capellans, and the FWL, to clear some of the fronts that way. Which sadly, would allow the clans to push forward towards Terra.

As for why the clans can win. They can pile more pilots onto a planet than the defending faction usually does, and the terrain does work in their favor on at least one map.

#6 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 16 December 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

The forums also seem to think that only 1 of the ceasefires every day actually flips planets...

So, depending on WHEN you play, all your hard work may be being wasted.
But only 1 of the ceasefires DOES actually flip planets... some days it's a 23.3 hour attack period, other days there's an additional ceasefire 3 hours or so into the attack phase, but I've never seen a planet flip over that second period.

If I'm wrong, then what the heck is actually going on?

Edited by Tarogato, 21 December 2014 - 01:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users