Zellbrigen For Cvc Battles

42 replies to this topic

#1 Wrath of Clan Wolverine

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Sons of Kerensky, it is incumbent upon us, as the true inheritors of the Star League, to offer a proper example to the barbarians of the Inner Sphere. Let us, therefore, resolve to fight according to honorable zellbrigen whenever we may happen to come into conflict one with another.

The most fundamental rules promote a due reverence for honorable single combat. Those who attack should issue challenges against specific enemy mechwarriors, who in turn must accept or suffer dishonor. None may interfere with such a duel, even in the midst of a battle.

Will you pledge to follow the rules of war as Kerensky handed them down to us? At the least, it is our due as fellow Clansmen that you treat us with the honor that we offer to you.

Edited by Wrath of Clan Wolverine, 16 December 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#2 swamp hag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

Nope.

#3 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

Never!

#4 Admiral Beard Al Yankovich

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostWrath of Clan Wolverine, on 16 December 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sons of Kerensky, it is incumbent upon us, as the true inheritors of the Star League, to offer a proper example to the barbarians of the Inner Sphere. Let us, therefore, resolve to fight according to honorable zellbrigen whenever we may happen to come into conflict one with another.

The most fundamental rules promote a due reverence for honorable single combat. Those who attack should issue challenges against specific enemy mechwarriors, who in turn must accept or suffer dishonor. None may interfere with such a duel, even in the midst of a battle.

Will you pledge to follow the rules of war as Kerensky handed them down to us? At the least, it is our due as fellow Clansmen that you treat us with the honor that we offer to you.

this is just ******** why are the worst players roleplayers

#5 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

If it's red, it's dead. 'nuff said.

#6 Wrath of Clan Wolverine

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostAdmiral Beard Al Yankovich, on 16 December 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

this is just ******** why are the worst players roleplayers

Quite the assumption there.

#7 Admiral Beard Al Yankovich

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostWrath of Clan Wolverine, on 16 December 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

Quite the assumption there.

no true sorry your one of them

#8 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

I've tried but was ignored by CGBI.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

I agree.

In my eyes, anyone who would refuse a Batchall from another honorable Clan unit without a proper reason , even if the challenge was made just for fun, is not a true Clansman. Period.

#10 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostAdmiral Beard Al Yankovich, on 16 December 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

no true sorry your one of them

now I want to see you both duel, :D

and yes I think we could make this kind of stuff, especially about butte hold between CW and CJF, so we can fight in that style over the planet once every 2 weeks to decide who is allowed to conquer it.

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 December 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

I agree.

In my eyes, anyone who would refuse a Batchall from another honorable Clan unit without a proper reason , even if the challenge was made just for fun, is not a true Clansman. Period.

epeen stroke tryharding > true clansmanning.

because people lost the sense for gaming.

yet we would have to find some omnirules for such an event, because MWO mechanics will porbably not work with the original rule works.

#11 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

No zellbringen for anyone using the name of the not name clan as thier own

#12 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

I agree.

most are mercs not clans, your clan honor is worthless all that matters is who wins, and rate now its not you

#13 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

If you want Zell, challenge a team using *gasp* to matches via the private lobbies and you get what you want.

Outside of that, needless posturing will not impact CW and I believe no one with any sense will waste time trying to ascertain if Zell is present in a CW match, let alone try to enforce it. The matches are too large and involved to risk losing mechs early to a "fake-zell" call from some group of randoms in chat....not that I have my "all-chat" turned on anyway.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 17 December 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

If you want Zell, challenge a team using *gasp* to matches via the private lobbies and you get what you want.

Outside of that, needless posturing will not impact CW and I believe no one with any sense will waste time trying to ascertain if Zell is present in a CW match, let alone try to enforce it. The matches are too large and involved to risk losing mechs early to a "fake-zell" call from some group of randoms in chat....not that I have my "all-chat" turned on anyway.

Randoms? I bet you know my unit and i know the bigger ones; i would trust a challenge by an unit i know to be honorable. Well, i might have some doubts if facing CGBI in light of the recent events, but we had some skirmishes in the past and it was fun.. I would totally do it. That is the Clan way. I know you Adders are pragmatic though, but i do not see any more issues with Zell than regular fights..

#15 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

I agree.

I happened to be in that drop (or one similar). The "batchall" was made halfway through, after we were 20 (yes, count them, 20) kills up. They meant to exploit the spirit of the Clans in a desperate attempt to make up for our superior piloting. Who is more dishonorable?

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 December 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Randoms? I bet you know my unit and i know the bigger ones; i would trust a challenge by an unit i know to be honorable. Well, i might have some doubts if facing CGBI in light of the recent events, but we had some skirmishes in the past and it was fun.. I would totally do it. That is the Clan way. I know you Adders are pragmatic though, but i do not see any more issues with Zell than regular fights..

What precisely is your problem with CGBI?

Edited by 101011, 17 December 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#16 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 December 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

No offense Cyclone but I do not know your unit in its entirety, is honorable. I have rarely, if ever, fought against them. If I were to see 12 of them in the public queues or CW, I would fight them as any other foe. THAT is a sign of respect; to take an opponent seriously and do your utmost to beat them.

If someone wants Zell (again, something the vaunted Grand Council could not come to grips with how to define it for match specifics), they can offer a challenge using terms both parties agree upon and can implement using the private matches.

The rest of this is useless posturing. Zell will not occur on the open field to any significant degree and it never has.

#17 Senor Cataclysmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

I think it would be great fun to have a match like this.

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

View Post101011, on 17 December 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

I happened to be in that drop (or one similar). The "batchall" was made halfway through, after we were 20 (yes, count them, 20) kills up. They meant to exploit the spirit of the Clans in a desperate attempt to make up for our superior piloting. Who is more dishonorable?

Aff, i agree it should have been sent at the start of the drop.

What precisely is your problem with CGBI?

I actually have a few friends there, and i highly respect Coffinail.
However, i have not missed some latent aggressivity from your Clan as a whole, and as you are the biggest unit i am a bit concerned. But i hope we can relax this atmosphere so we can fully focus on the trolls. You know, the bad luck of bordering with 3 factions.. <_<

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 17 December 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

No offense Cyclone but I do not know your unit in its entirety, is honorable. I have rarely, if ever, fought against them. If I were to see 12 of them in the public queues or CW, I would fight them as any other foe. THAT is a sign of respect; to take an opponent seriously and do your utmost to beat them.

If someone wants Zell (again, something the vaunted Grand Council could not come to grips with how to define it for match specifics), they can offer a challenge using terms both parties agree upon and can implement using the private matches.

The rest of this is useless posturing. Zell will not occur on the open field to any significant degree and it never has.

I understand this.

However, it has never occurred in the open field because when there are pugs no Zell is possible, but if i was an officer and we met a Clan unit i know and respect, i would send a batchall. In my current position i can only suggest it ;)

Edited by CyclonerM, 17 December 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#19 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

I would accept a challenge such as that, provided it did not harm my team's chances of winning. The Clan's honor comes before personal honor after all. Playing the whole match like that favors the defenders, though. So I would not expect to see it often.

Edited by Rouken, 17 December 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#20 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

There are people who want more lore immersion but, right now, CW isn't set up for it. PGI like's their servers full and games to end quickly so anything that slows that down would be avoided. Also, most players are not immersion rpers. Those who are would have a hard time convincing their lancemates to play under "fluff" rules.

A zell-compatible drop mode could be added in the premium membership options similar to how you can drop in less-than-12v12s now and have it an option in CW. If both sides agree to it, it would allow for these battles to reflect as wins or losses for a planet just as a massive / regular battle does now. In non-CW mode it could be used for clan organized Circles of Equals and Trials..etc.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 17 December 2014 - 01:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users