Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

need nova cat and steel viper first

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

All I know is I'm switching to Diamond Shark/Sea Fox if I get the chance. They got all the fun mechs.

#4 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

We are already in game... just flying under the CJF banner (as per lore) during this initial attack but we still offer mechs and mech items at wonderful prices.

Join our rewards program and discover the benefits of membership!

Clan Diamond Shark : Diamond Shiver

#5 zeyzak

• Pip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:19 AM

Kodiak & Piranha should be in the next wave of clan mechs to be added to the game. That is all

#6 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

When they came out with the mechs listed I thought back to this post (sad to see you in with the IS now) ... but the 4 mechs we are getting? Actually, I went hog wild when they mentioned the shadowcat. :)

As a MW4 Microsoft (MSZoNE) ZONE player. One who was in VL, TWL, BWL, and know stories of when Clan Diamond Shark went NBT... I am very, VERY happy. What did you all think?

(And we will be the first to have the MKIIs on hand so join up today. Membership has privileges!)

#7 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Clan Goliath Scorpion should be in this game too, they are a reserve clan as well.

#8 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

Clan Goliath Scorpion perfects Heavy Lasers......forget all that other tech.

#9 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostWill9761, on 24 February 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Clan Goliath Scorpion should be in this game too, they are a reserve clan as well.

Actually they are not a reserve Clan but they did manage to bid themselves into the invasion.

#10 heavyguard

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

View PostBrody319, on 17 December 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Timberwolf MK IIs and MK IVs
Piranhas
HarJel - self repairing mechs
Soltaire
Thor II (Grand Summoner)

If PGI is still sticking to the timeline then you got a few years to wait for most of these mechs, ...
Timberwolf MK IIs and MK IVs - ~16 & 86 years
Piranhas ~ 1 year
HarJel - self repairing mechs ~9 years
Soltaire - ~14 years
Thor II (Grand Summoner) ~43 years

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

View Postheavyguard, on 26 February 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

If PGI is still sticking to the timeline then you got a few years to wait for most of these mechs, ...
Timberwolf MK IIs and MK IVs - ~16 & 86 years
Piranhas ~ 1 year
HarJel - self repairing mechs ~9 years
Soltaire - ~14 years
Thor II (Grand Summoner) ~43 years

My hope is that around the end of this year and next year they do a couple of "fast forwards" aka timeline jumps. If it was for me, i would keep the state of the map in a "frozen" state saying that a truce/peace between Clan vs IS and all the IS Houses has been reached , until hostilities start again in 30xx.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:10 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 February 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

My hope is that around the end of this year and next year they do a couple of "fast forwards" aka timeline jumps. If it was for me, i would keep the state of the map in a "frozen" state saying that a truce/peace between Clan vs IS and all the IS Houses has been reached , until hostilities start again in 30xx.

given, that they run out of timeline mechs, I am sure they make a hop at around end 2016.

2016 itself probably is about clan battlemechs. and some other IS mechs that are missing so far.

#13 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

Probably. But please not the stuff mentioned by the OP. MadCat MKII is simply a bad design by Microsoft. The Thor II looks like a regular Summoner and has the same weight.

Fire Falcon, Battle Cobra, Grendel, Nobori-Nin, Thresher, Night Gyr and Kingfisher from TRO 3058 do not necessarily look better, but would require a smaller leap on the timeline and they all are Omnis.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 February 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Probably. But please not the stuff mentioned by the OP. MadCat MKII is simply a bad design by Microsoft.

Are you joking?!

First, the Mad Cat mk. II is a canon BattleMech.

Second, it looks very cool imho.

Third, even if it was, by ipothesis, implemented as an OmniMech and thus subject to their limitations, it would still be OP. Its primary variant has a perfect mix of hardpoints, has 2 Gauss rifles, is fast enough and jumps. What can be wrong with it? It is the only new Clan 'Mech i wish to see.. :wub:

#15 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

I am not joking. The MadCat MKII was implemented in MW4 before it was released in the sourcebooks. MW4 was released in 2000, the TRO 3067, released 2002, was the first sourcebook to feature MadCat MKII, Argus, etc., if I am not mistaken here.

IMHO the mech was not necessary and looks crappy, but there is so much MW4 nostalgia floating around that I am sure to be part of a minority with that opinion.

But calling it OP? Come on. It has the Gauss Rifles on medium mounts, the benefit of jumping 90 ton mechs is debatable at best and the speed, okay, the speed is not bad. But OP? Never.

If there is a clan garrison assault mech implemented, why not Stone Rhino/Behemoth or Kraken/Bane?

Edited by Duvanor, 26 February 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#16 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 February 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Actually they are not a reserve Clan but they did manage to bid themselves into the invasion.

Oh, ok I thought they were a reserve clan after they beat the Steel Vipers to participate in the invasion.

#17 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostWill9761, on 26 February 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

Oh, ok I thought they were a reserve clan after they beat the Steel Vipers to participate in the invasion.

Neg. They won the right to fight in the invasion, not take over as the reserve Clan. It was not that many in any event.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 February 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 February 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

I am not joking. The MadCat MKII was implemented in MW4 before it was released in the sourcebooks. MW4 was released in 2000, the TRO 3067, released 2002, was the first sourcebook to feature MadCat MKII, Argus, etc., if I am not mistaken here.

IMHO the mech was not necessary and looks crappy, but there is so much MW4 nostalgia floating around that I am sure to be part of a minority with that opinion.

But calling it OP? Come on. It has the Gauss Rifles on medium mounts, the benefit of jumping 90 ton mechs is debatable at best and the speed, okay, the speed is not bad. But OP? Never.

If there is a clan garrison assault mech implemented, why not Stone Rhino/Behemoth or Kraken/Bane?

Hmm, i see what you mean. However, it is canon and i love it :)

Now, i do not want to see the Stone Rhino. That thing is a beast.

Anyway, come on yourself! :P

If Alex sticks with the art, the arms will be about at cockpit levels; not as high as the jager maybe but very high compared to the Timber Wolf. With two Gauss rifles!

As it is a Battlemech, it may have some degree of customization like IS battlemechs, so you could mount a smaller engine and have a jumping Dire Whale, or a faster one.

Its variants will have generally good hardpoints; its primary variant is just perfect in that area. All the hardpoints are torso level or higher.

Trust me, Clan Battlemechs are going to create issues :ph34r:

#19 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 February 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hmm, i see what you mean. However, it is canon and i love it :)

Now, i do not want to see the Stone Rhino. That thing is a beast.

Anyway, come on yourself! :P

If Alex sticks with the art, the arms will be about at cockpit levels; not as high as the jager maybe but very high compared to the Timber Wolf. With two Gauss rifles!

As it is a Battlemech, it may have some degree of customization like IS battlemechs, so you could mount a smaller engine and have a jumping Dire Whale, or a faster one.

Its variants will have generally good hardpoints; its primary variant is just perfect in that area. All the hardpoints are torso level or higher.

Trust me, Clan Battlemechs are going to create issues :ph34r:

True, especially the part about Clan Battlemechs.

If we get some, I would prefer the Bane over the MadCat MKII. It has room for much dakka or missiles and a design we do not have in MWO yet. The arms are at least as high as the MadCat MKIIs and the MKII looks like a Timby on steroids..

#20 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 February 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

the MKII looks like a Timby on steroids..

It is supposed to. :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users