25 replies to this topic

#21 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

If you thought the Jumping direwhales were bad I can see the QQing on these forums if we got our paws on the TImberMK2

Same can be said if we got a firemoth

Edited by Chocowolf, 27 February 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#22 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

The Diamond Sharks are already in the game and doing what the do best. Who do you think sells Timber Wolves and Mad Dogs to the Jade Falcons and Summoners and Kit Foxes to the Wolves and Ghost Bears? The merchant Clan, Clan Diamond Sharks, that is who! :-D

Seriously though. We are in CW beta now. My guess is that there will be a map and maybe timeline reset when the game mode goes live. That means Diamond Sharks will not arrive for a few years.

As for the equipment listed:
- The Thor II is just a Summoner with no jump jets and a little more armor.
- The Mad Cat Mk IV is a Timber Wolf - Delta and PGI just released the that to buy. Is it in game yet?
- Even if the Solitaire wasn't 17 years down the road which would require jumping past major BattleTech events like the Refusal War, JThe Diamond Sharks are already in the game and doing what the do best. Who do you think sells Timber Wolves and Mad Dogs to the Jade Falcons and Summoners and Kit Foxes to the Wolves and Ghost Bears? The merchant Clan Diamond Sharks, that is who! :-D

Seriously though. We are in CW beta now. My guess is that there will be a map and maybe timeline reset when the game mode goes live. That means Diamond Sharks will not arrive for a few years.

As for the equipment listed:
- The Thor II is just a Summoner with no jump jets and a little more armor.
- The Mad Cat Mk IV is a Timber Wolf - Delta and PGI just released that to buy. Is it in game yet?
- The Solitaire requires the creation of all new weapon systems.
- I would rather see a Turkina before a Mad Cat Mk II. Sure it is 5 tons more but the weapon locations are about the same as on a Mk II, the Alpha variant has the same load out, it jumps, and it is put into production right before the Battle of Tukayyid. It being a CJF OmniMech does not hurt either. ;-). Although, when the Mk II does get released it should be the first BattleMech that can be used in CW by Clan and Inner Sphere since the whole point of its creation was so Diamond Sharks could sell Clan tech to the Inner Sphere.

All that said introducing any of those 'Mechs even the earliest one I listed, the Mad Cat Mk II, would require a major jump in the timeline. This would result in jumping past major BattleTech events like the Refusal War, the Jade Falcon Incursion and Battle of Coventry, Operation Bulldog and Serpent (a great chance for PGI to open the Clan Homeworlds and introduce the Homeworld Clans), and the FedCom Civil War -- which may not occur because there is no Federated Commonwealth. These events could be used by PGI as competitions, promotions, or target release dates. For example, the year the Refusal War could be a chance to release Falcon and Wolf 'Mech Packs. Falcon fanatics could buy the Fire Falcon, Black Lanner, Night Gyr, and Turkina. Wolf warriors could purchase the Pouncer, Phantom, Linebacker, and Naga (I guess it would just swap out the Arrow IVs for LRMs or it is an excuse to create a completely new weopon system...). And people who do not care or want both could buy both.

The one I do really want to see because I think it would be a blast to play is the Piranha. It also is not that far down the timeline like the other 'Mechs and equipment are. Also getting Fire Moths and Vipers would be nice too.

Anyways, that is my two Kerenskys.

Edited by R79TCom1 Night Lanner, 27 February 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#23 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Oh the tears will be sweet.

Clan Diamond Shark : Diamond Shiver has been helping out quietly behind CJF lines and have helped to secure another planet.

Long Live Clan Diamond Shark.

#24 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

The Mad Cat MK II was shopped around to the other clans first but after finding little interest sold it to the inner sphere. At least according to Sarna, anyway.

#25 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

Thank you for your assistance Diamond Shiver. Now could you please tell me who to talk to about getting my shipment of Ebon Jaguars? What is the HPG number for Diamond Shark customer service? :-D

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 05 March 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

The Mad Cat MK II was shopped around to the other clans first but after finding little interest sold it to the inner sphere. At least according to Sarna, anyway.

Which shows how smart most Clans are :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users