- - - - -

Hellbringer Champion ?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hi

Is the "a la carte" Hellbringer prime a champion with c-bill bonus ?

And the mad dog reward, is it a champion too ?

Thanx.

#2 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

a la carte hellbringer : prime with cbill bonus + 2 standard variant,

i think you can only get the mad dog reward via the masakari and gargoyle pack,. (not sure, but basically the same content as helbringer)

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

It is not a champion mech. An A la carte pack does contain the (Invasion) Prime variant with C-bill bonus & special geometry though! The order page itself says:

"Each A La Carte Package comes with the Prime Variant Mech and two other variants.

They also come with 3 mechbays for those mechs."

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

I suppose they technically get categorized as 'Champions' by MWO's mech sorter.

The cbill bonus is better associated with Hero-mechs, and often referred to as the "Package" mech.

All "Prime" config or "Main" variants of a mech that comes in either the Pre-order packages or the A La Carte have both the special geometry (example in Stormcrow; the terminator hands and sleeker features for the Prime and pincher-hands with blocky features for the rest) and the cbill bonus.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

In the general parlance, "champion" = XP bonus, "hero" = CB bonus. The (I) versions are thus "heroes."

#6 Urdasein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

Thanx for the answer.

This is weird, in my UI, my "invasion" mechs have the "©" logo that stand for champ... But at the score screen, the bonus is Cbills...

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

View Postloupgaroupoilu, on 17 December 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

Thanx for the answer.

This is weird, in my UI, my "invasion" mechs have the "©" logo that stand for champ... But at the score screen, the bonus is Cbills...

Yeah, PGI seems to define it along the lines of "unique hardpoints" = hero, "same hardpoints" = champion, but most players view it as based on the bonus.

#8 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 17 December 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yeah, PGI seems to define it along the lines of "unique hardpoints" = hero, "same hardpoints" = champion, but most players view it as based on the bonus.

I think Founders/Phoenix/Invasion/Resistance 'mechs should be classed with their own title, maybe like 'Veteran' 'mechs or something... I don't know... Just SOMETHING to ease the confusion :P

#9 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostCyborgDragon, on 17 December 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

I think Founders/Phoenix/Invasion/Resistance 'mechs should be classed with their own title, maybe like 'Veteran' 'mechs or something... I don't know... Just SOMETHING to ease the confusion :P

I agree. And I even like "Veteran" as a group title.

#10 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

They do have their own classifications. My Phoenix prime mechs have (P) and my Invasion mechs have(I). All of them are Cbill and XP bonus.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostGolrar, on 17 December 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

They do have their own classifications. My Phoenix prime mechs have (P) and my Invasion mechs have(I). All of them are Cbill and XP bonus.

Actually, they're just CB, not XP. The only non-(C) that does XP is the (S) JR7-D

#12 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostGolrar, on 17 December 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

This is what we meant:
Spoiler

Yellow = Champion
Green = Hero
Phoenix (P), Invasion (I), etc 'mechs are classed as 'champions' by the mechlab. I just made a suggestion to give them their own considering they aren't quite the same as heroes or champs, though admittedly I probably should have made my own thread for it :P Sorry OP :unsure:

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Mechlab certainly could use some more labels- wouldn't want people thinking their Pheonix/Invasion/etc variants are the same as Champions which have their own specific bonuses.

#14 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

Hopefully, they will revamp the entire mechlab early next year but it will probably be closer to summer.

#15 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostKoniving, on 17 December 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

All "Prime" config or "Main" variants of a mech that comes in either the Pre-order packages or the A La Carte have both the special geometry (example in Stormcrow; the terminator hands and sleeker features for the Prime and pincher-hands with blocky features for the rest) and the cbill bonus.

Can someone just clarify something for me please. You say above teh prime variant comes with a C Bill bonus, I am assuming you can still swap out the omni pods and still received the bonus provided you are keeping the core prime CT right?

#16 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 17 December 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Can someone just clarify something for me please. You say above teh prime variant comes with a C Bill bonus, I am assuming you can still swap out the omni pods and still received the bonus provided you are keeping the core prime CT right?

that is correct, my Stormcrow Prime with only the legs left and CT from the Prime still recived the cbill bonus, a Mech is recorgnized based on the Center Torso so any bonus is linked to the CT

#17 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 December 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

that is correct, my Stormcrow Prime with only the legs left and CT from the Prime still recived the cbill bonus, a Mech is recorgnized based on the Center Torso so any bonus is linked to the CT

Ty sir.

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 18 December 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

Ty sir.

Indeed. An Omni-Mech is an Omni-Mech.
The Omnipods can be swapped out with any available parts per PGI's MWO Omnimech rules (every body part except the Center Torso can be changed).

Of course, per Omni-Mech rules you cannot change structure type, armor type, engine or heatsink type. So Clan mechs do have some limitations on top of their flexibility.

"The cost of any freedom is restriction," ~ Kon.

The Inner Sphere has Battlemechs (and develop Omnimechs much later).
The Clans have both Battlemechs (none currently available) and Omnimechs (all Clan mechs currently available are Omnimechs, as were -- for the most part but I can be mistaken -- all Clan mechs in the first two years of the invasion).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users