Good News Everyobody!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:12 AM

I assume everyone has read the patch notes by now.

the important notes for the SJ community:

1) ghost drops extended from 5 min wait to 10 min.

This should help us with taking planets when we are vastly outnumbered.

2) population numbers will be shown

Not a huge thing, but should make it easier to see what we are up against, and where the queues are highest.

3) Anti-rush tactics in play, more cover

Change to help attackers but also prevent attackers from rushing are inbound. This will mean tactic tonight will need to be flexible. I HIGHLY recommend everyone get on comms, As always, SA welcomes solo players to either sync drop with us or to temp tag to be able to group up with us.

Good luck today/tonight Jaguars!

#2 Markus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

The added protection to the gun is good verses the light rush to be sure. The added protection with the short respawn times it seems to force attackers to kill nearly all of the defenders prior to attacking the gun. That's fine of course, but no easy task to be sure.

Edited by Markus, 18 December 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

About temp taggers....

I try to kick them nightly (did not last night but will this afternoon) so do not take it personally if you find yourself a lone jaguar. The tag is only to allow someone to drop with us repeatedly for that session and their ingame rank reflects that. Folks are welcome to consider us and this is a good way to get to know folks, our tactics and playstyles but it does not mean they are members.

Vetting remains an important part of our unit paradigm and we will not dilute ourselves by simply accepting anyone.

Have nothing but positive things to say about the soloists that have bothered to temp tag or synch drop with us; they get it. They understand teamwork trumps being a solo ace or letting their ego run their mech. They get the value of comms and following the calls of the DC. They get that 12 monkies running around is not as effective in CW as fighting as a group....some are more skilled then others but all were willing to work with the team, to achieve more than they could as a soloist ajd that is what counts.

Prediction: Brocchi's Cluster falls to the Smoke Adders and Smoke Jaguars tonight.

#4 Styxx42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPeterborough Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 18 December 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

About temp taggers....

I try to kick them nightly (did not last night but will this afternoon) so do not take it personally if you find yourself a lone jaguar. The tag is only to allow someone to drop with us repeatedly for that session and their ingame rank reflects that. Folks are welcome to consider us and this is a good way to get to know folks, our tactics and playstyles but it does not mean they are members.

Vetting remains an important part of our unit paradigm and we will not dilute ourselves by simply accepting anyone.

Have nothing but positive things to say about the soloists that have bothered to temp tag or synch drop with us; they get it. They understand teamwork trumps being a solo ace or letting their ego run their mech. They get the value of comms and following the calls of the DC. They get that 12 monkies running around is not as effective in CW as fighting as a group....some are more skilled then others but all were willing to work with the team, to achieve more than they could as a soloist ajd that is what counts.

Prediction: Brocchi's Cluster falls to the Smoke Adders and Smoke Jaguars tonight.

What is a Temp Tagger?
I am assuming they assume your Unit ID and do sync drops with you?
Is that just in TS?
Just curious.
Tks

Edited by Styxx42, 18 December 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

Yes.

When dropping in 6-8 man groups, we drop the TS info while waiting for match to start, hoping to get the pugs to join us in TS for the match.

Those who are singles who seem capable and would like to continue the winning streak with us are offered a unit invite for that evening session only.

For those who come to TS with a unit tag already, we synch the drops with them with about 98% success rate.

These are of course only temporary work arounds unti faction grouping is added to the CW system by PGI.

#6 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 18 December 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

[BSM] will be hitting the Broccoli Custard early and often, tonight and until it falls

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Chopping Broccoli!

#8 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostDagger6T6, on 18 December 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

[BSM] will be hitting the Broccoli Custard early and often, tonight and until it falls

I will be out there tonight as well, hoping my unit doesn't switch loyalties as our contract is up today.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 18 December 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

I will be out there tonight as well, hoping my unit doesn't switch loyalties as our contract is up today.

DoM is one half of the former CSJx?

#10 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 18 December 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

DoM is one half of the former CSJx?

Sadly yes. Wishing it were all one happy family still as the effectiveness would be far greater on the field of battle. But to be honest its probably the smaller half. :P
And looks as though our CSJ contract as up judging by my profile image. :o Really hope we stay with CSJ.

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 18 December 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

My preference is calling that planet "Broccoli Cluster****".

We still don't have destructible trees yet. :(

#12 Basilisk222

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 288 posts
  • LocationElmira Heights

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Up until the Maintenance, I was fighting on Broccoli Clovers (XD had to) As a solo drop,

We held counter attacks several times.

Due to the maintenance however, I don't think we'll get it today.

If Maintenance is finished soon, good luck EU, if not, I'll be fighting for it tomorrow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users