Bidding On Merc Unit Services In Phase 3.

Metagame Gameplay Social

13 replies to this topic

#1 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

So I was thinking last night about some things I would like to see added with CW phase 3. The idea that struck me the most as something that would add a new level of play for Merc Corp units. Allow the houses to bid on the services of Merc units. Either to supplement their forces or just to deny those services to other houses.

I purpose that a system that could be set up to simulate the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission. This system would allow House/Clan units and loyalists to offer contracts to any Merc unit willing to accept them.

In terms of gameplay I envision something along these lines. House/Clan A is having a good deal of trouble with House/Clan B. A's own forces are either unable (not enough manpower) or incapable (don't have the skill) to overcome B's forces. So they go to one of the Mercenary's Stars ( http://www.sarna.net...cenary%27s_Star ) and put out a contract for help.
There are 2 types of contract, unit specific or general. The unit specific are contracts offered to a particular unit for a variable amount of time and pay. Whereas the general is available to any unit that is willing to accept it and has a set payout and a one week length.

Once a unit specific contract is posted and accepted the funds earmarked from the House/Clan unit's coffers are then transferred to the coffers of the Merc unit in effect creating a signing bonus for the Merc unit. The House/Clan units gets to set amount of pay, and the lengths of the contract (except permanent). It would then be up to the Merc Unit commander to either accept the contract or not. Merc Units can still get their own contracts if they wish but would receive no signing bonus.

The MRBC should also be a listing of the all of the Merc units in the game and their current allegiances and remaining time left on their contracts. It should also give two ratings to each unit one based on win/lose ratio (number of worlds captured or lost for the House/Clan). A win or lost is only counted for worlds that a unit 's members have fought on. If the House's/Clan's units won or lost a world the Mercs shouldn't be rewarded/punished for actions that they took no part in.
The other rating is based on number of times a contract has been fully honored or broken. These ratings will help the House/Clans unit to determine the best amount of funds to offer in a particular unit contract. Or which units to avoid because of their losing record or disloyal natures.

Obviously the best units in terms of wins and loyalty will be able to command quite a large amount of funds. This might make some Units unattainable to poor a House/Clans Unit. The general contract would be cheap alternative by comparison because the maximum amount offered and length would be capped, and any unit not already under contract can accept them.

There are a few drawbacks. First and foremost as it stands right now is there is nothing to spend funds on. But I'm sure that is something the Devs will have worked out by the time phase 3 is live.
Second as of right now the Houses/Clans loyalist don't have a coffer to draw upon. Perhaps a central bank of sorts could be set up where X amount of funds are added to the coffer on some type of time schedule hourly/daily/weekly whatever, to be used for general contracts only. Or maybe the funds can be added based off what a loyalist earns per battle. For example if you earn 100,000 cbills in a drop 10% would go into the coffer these funds will not actually come out of your pay but would be generated by the server to fill that coffer.
The third and in all likelihood most problematic issue is who or what among the loyalist determines weather or not to offer a general contract. Maybe there will be a set amount of general contract a week. Or perhaps it could be based off number of worlds lost by a faction. If that faction is having a bad week more contracts are available, on a good week less.

Well that is most of my idea it is still a little rough and I'm sure could use of refinements. Let me know what you think, and as always I welcome your thoughts, comments, and recriminations.

Edited to fix some bad grammar.

Edited by Mao of DC, 18 December 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#2 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Id like to see the option of posing kill oreer contracts. Being able to post blanket bonuses to mercs or factions for fighting specific other factions. Lets say our offer is 50k cbills for each kill of a specific tagged player. Lets just use my own tags as an example. We put a pool of 1 million cbills to be paid out in 50k chunks to the playe who kills a DERP pilot.
Something like that could really influence where people fight and change up tactics being deployed.

It puts the community into cw

#3 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Wow Squally, I have not thought about that yet. Putting bounties on other units would be awesome but how would the programmers make it so that the system knows that Unit [TEST] or solo player killed a member from [DERP]. wouldn't that cause a lot of overhead tracking each kill?

#4 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostSqually160, on 18 December 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Id like to see the option of posing kill oreer contracts. Being able to post blanket bonuses to mercs or factions for fighting specific other factions. Lets say our offer is 50k cbills for each kill of a specific tagged player. Lets just use my own tags as an example. We put a pool of 1 million cbills to be paid out in 50k chunks to the playe who kills a DERP pilot.
Something like that could really influence where people fight and change up tactics being deployed.

It puts the community into cw

I could see something like you describe more of a bounty system but that also works for me.

#5 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostFelix7007, on 18 December 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

Wow Squally, I have not thought about that yet. Putting bounties on other units would be awesome but how would the programmers make it so that the system knows that Unit [TEST] or solo player killed a member from [DERP]. wouldn't that cause a lot of overhead tracking each kill?

Possibly. Honestly from a programming side i qm not sure how easy/difficult/system taxing it would be. However, i do know it has been done in mwo in the past with things like hunt the devs and such. So there is some way to recognize at least that part of it.

And yes, very much a bounty system, but it could be expanded to be bigger and smaller than clan tags. Such as a marik offering 10 million in chunks for the next x number of jade falcons killed. Or even so far as player x offering payouts for each kill of me.

Could promote some awesome headhunting games

#6 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostSqually160, on 18 December 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Possibly. Honestly from a programming side i qm not sure how easy/difficult/system taxing it would be. However, i do know it has been done in mwo in the past with things like hunt the devs and such. So there is some way to recognize at least that part of it.

And yes, very much a bounty system, but it could be expanded to be bigger and smaller than clan tags. Such as a marik offering 10 million in chunks for the next x number of jade falcons killed. Or even so far as player x offering payouts for each kill of me.

Could promote some awesome headhunting games

I don't know for sure but it seems to me most of what they need all ready exists in game. That track tags for CW planet ownership a few more lines of code and now you track them for bounties. But then again I have been wrong before it could be super hard to do.

#7 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

So I thought of another type of bounty. World bounties! Everyday one randomly chosen worlds, on each border, would get bonus pay for winning an attack or defense respectively. This would kind of act as the focus of the respective Houses/Clans for that cycle. It would also help the PUGs because more people would want to attack/defend the world shortening their wait times.

BTW if you like these Ideas please comment so that this topic stays near the top and PGI will be more likely to see them.

#8 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

Here is someone else's idea that i think would fit in well with mine.

http://mwomercs.com/...re-leaderboard/

#9 Reddevil99

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the next contract takes me.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

I like the concept of it Mao. It would factor in a whole other aspect of CW with the house's playing a greater part. Bounties are a cool idea on both units and planets. Let's see where it goes.

#10 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostReddevil99, on 19 December 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

I like the concept of it Mao. It would factor in a whole other aspect of CW with the house's playing a greater part. Bounties are a cool idea on both units and planets. Let's see where it goes.

WOW! Reddevil99 liked it well enough to post on my thread I feel honored.

#11 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:01 AM

When you have to win, your best choice is always the Merc Star Alliance.

~Armando [-MS-]

#12 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostArmando, on 20 December 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

When you have to win, your best choice is always the Merc Star Alliance.

~Armando [-MS-]

See I like this man's attitude, he gets it. Use Comstar Irregulars for all your armed response needs, we get the job done.

#13 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

I really want a system like this in place because I want my Merc Corp picture back and for it to actually mean something.

#14 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

I'm still looking for your thought comments and/or recriminations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users