Turn Off Smoke?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Framerate only drops for me when I am hit by an lrm swarm or when I am close to overheating and my mech starts to steam. Is there any way to turn off smoke/steam effects in the settings? I tried turning down particles, effects, and shading but that didn't work.

#2 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'm decently certain that smoke/steam is categorized under particles. What CPU are you running, and at what clock speed?

#3 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

It is either particles or shadows. I have both particles and shadows on low with everything else at high and I do not see steam or smoke on screen. So it has to be one of the two, and I too lean toward particles.

#4 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

I'll try turning particles down lower then. i7-4770 I think, so there shouldn't be any trouble from that. My gpu is lacking though nvidia 660

#5 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

You think? Oh my. So if it is a 4770, is it -just- a 4770, or is it a 4770K? Hopefully it is. If you -think-, though, it probably isn't overclocked, and if you want to see steadier, better performance you're going to need to throw a nice OC on it (if its a K, if it's not a K, well... damn).

#6 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

with a non K you can up the power limits, so it stays at max turbo all the time.

#7 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 18 December 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

I'll try turning particles down lower then. i7-4770 I think, so there shouldn't be any trouble from that. My gpu is lacking though nvidia 660

Your GPU is better than mine :P .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users