1 reply to this topic

#1 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

First, I would like to start by saying that I think the maps we have so far are a good start and I understand we are still developing.

The current CW maps are very limited by the terrain and out of bounds limits. I would like to see larger maps with drops zones that are significantly further away from each other. Also, more expansive terrain that would allow for base approaches that are not governed by the boundaries and inaccessible steep terrain walls. For example, I would like to see an Alpine type map with many huge mountains close to each other in proximity and many mountain passes. Also, bases that can be approached from any direction, not just 2 or 3 as governed by the terrain/boundary funnels. The current map approaches are like funnels with very limited base approach options. We need to be able to choose how and where to attack. These initial CW maps are similar to Forest Colony, Frozen City, and River City in terms of size and scope. They are good initial efforts and we need too see larger maps with fewer built-in limits in the future.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 19 December 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#2 beaver1776

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

I agree with Griz's sentiments. But I also have other reasons for wanting larger maps.

I would like to see larger maps, including those in the public queue. Sometimes I feel as though smaller maps lend themselves to zerg rushes, easy to get hemmed in and it is difficult to counter except with an identical tactic. I find myself not using my mobile LRM mechs, because there is nowhere to maneuver to. In a larger map (not necessarily more open), it may be a bit easier to stymie a rush with maneuver - hit and move.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users