#21 ThisOneDiesALot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFreiburg

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Since most light pilots run around like their hair's on fire, Seismic wouldn't do much for you. You have to be standing still for it to work. Rank 1 give you a 180m radius and rank 2 is 250m.
Jody

actually that's exactly why i always use it on all my lights. it's an absolute must have!
lights decelerate very fast. it's not a big deal for a light to stop, watch the seis and move again. as a light (especially as a backstabber) you need the highest possible situation awareness. you need to know where the enemy is. i find myself very often behind enemy lines watching my seis (even turn on the map and zoom in to know exactly where they are).

also, when match runs out and you find yourself the last one guy alive having 2 or 3 enemies still running around, seis is your life safer and your backstabber friend! often enough, i'm the last guy in pug drops. i take very much advantage of the seis then and manage to get at least one of the enemies and often enough ALL of the opponents since they are mostly crit somewhere. you can literally stand next to them behind the corner, knowing that they close in or move away from you. especially if you already know how to kill the mech, just wait for the right moment, jump out, hit the torso/leg and get done with it! awesome!

btw, imho ember and huginn are the *best* lights for sneaking/backstabbing purposes even thou they lack ecm. oh and about ecm: if you take an ecm mech and want to backstab, don't forget to turn it of when approaching enemies. otherwise they will realize that they are being jammed and start looking around -- poof, here goes the surprise attack. there are some more interesting things you can do to completely distract your target and kill it without him even realizing that he's being backstabbed. but i don't want to share it just on the forum. if you want to know more, send me a PM or add me in game and i'll show you some badass backstab tactics :D

#22 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:08 PM

Not only is radar dep. and sesmic sensor are good, but if you have bonus module slots: http://metamechs.com...ot-skill-guide/

Also for weapon modules depends on what quirks you are given on a mech. For example you can really max out dps on some mechs like DRG-1N with AC5s, so use a good ol' cooldown module to max it out more. Narc and AMS have special modules too.

#23 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostThisOneDiesALot, on 21 December 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

actually that's exactly why i always use it on all my lights. it's an absolute must have!
lights decelerate very fast. it's not a big deal for a light to stop, watch the seis and move again. as a light (especially as a backstabber) you need the highest possible situation awareness. you need to know where the enemy is. i find myself very often behind enemy lines watching my seis (even turn on the map and zoom in to know exactly where they are).

also, when match runs out and you find yourself the last one guy alive having 2 or 3 enemies still running around, seis is your life safer and your backstabber friend! often enough, i'm the last guy in pug drops. i take very much advantage of the seis then and manage to get at least one of the enemies and often enough ALL of the opponents since they are mostly crit somewhere. you can literally stand next to them behind the corner, knowing that they close in or move away from you. especially if you already know how to kill the mech, just wait for the right moment, jump out, hit the torso/leg and get done with it! awesome!

btw, imho ember and huginn are the *best* lights for sneaking/backstabbing purposes even thou they lack ecm. oh and about ecm: if you take an ecm mech and want to backstab, don't forget to turn it of when approaching enemies. otherwise they will realize that they are being jammed and start looking around -- poof, here goes the surprise attack. there are some more interesting things you can do to completely distract your target and kill it without him even realizing that he's being backstabbed. but i don't want to share it just on the forum. if you want to know more, send me a PM or add me in game and i'll show you some badass backstab tactics :D

I'm not a light pilot, so glad you jumped in. I do flanking maneuvers a lot, so I get your drift when it comes to the back stabbing tactics. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users