#1 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hello, everyone,

Been having a weird couple of days.

Yesterday, I couldn't get MWO to launch for love nor money. Every time I ran it, I got an error message "MWOPatcher.exe cannot load - access denied". I gave up and shut down. This was BEFORE the patches were applied, so it wasn't the patch.

Today, with no explanation, it ran. I started the patch. First one goes by with no issues. The second one froze at 1.6 M. I gave it ten minutes. During this time, MWOMercs.com was also not responding - no pages, no forums, nothing.

I quit and accepted the "corrupted state" message, relaunched and started the patch, again. This time, it finished the second patch with no issue.

But the game crashes just before the action starts.

So I decide to run the MWO Repair Tool that's in the launcher. Every time, I get another error message:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application blah blah blah.

If I click Continue, the dialog goes away and nothing happens. If I click Quit, then the launcher disappears.

Details has a bunch of lines that begins with "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied."

WTF??

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Hoag

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Either send this report to support (support@mwomercs.com), or uninstall and reinstall the game. A complete reinstall should help by providing a whole new issue of the application. I would imagine this would clear up your problems.

Honestly, it sounds like you interrupted the patcher during a critical state, and now it has critical errors. Just a guess here.

Edited by Tesunie, 19 December 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#3 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

go to the mech warrior file and run repair from the bin 32 dir. Or you can do a search in the forms and download an older version and run it from desktop. The older version runs better anyway.

#4 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

View Postamenophis, on 19 December 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

go to the mech warrior file and run repair from the bin 32 dir. Or you can do a search in the forms and download an older version and run it from desktop. The older version runs better anyway.

I would imagine the older version of the repair tool would be out of date and probably would be invalid. However, I can not confirm this.

#5 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

I use it from desktop all the time. Its runs a little faster than the one in the patcher
It a good backup if the patcher one does not work

Edited by amenophis, 19 December 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#6 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

Thank you, both, for the suggestions. I tried running the repair tool (even as admin) and got: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Even as admin? Something is really screwed up, isn't it?

JH

#7 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Okay.. something is definitely screwed up.

In the Control Panel, if I go to uninstall MWO, there is an MWO icon, but it's not the right icon and there is no other information.

If I try to use Revo Uninstaller, MWO doesn't even show.

Dammit.

JH

#8 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

If you want to manualy delete this go to the C: drive and go to Program files(x86) Then delete the whole piranha games Directory and then go back to MWO and do a new full install. All your game info is stored online in the game so you should not loose anything but you will need to adjust all the settings you have made so far. I would still try to use that desktop repair tool first or go to C: Program files piranha games MechWarrior online Bin32 There you will see the repair tool listed. Click on this and see if that helps .
I know that in the past when I did a reinstall I went to the MWO page and did an install and it said it found another version of the software and asked if I wanted to del it and I did then it reinstalled the game from that point again. (Just a thought). Well good luck with this I know these computers can be a pain. I used to mess with these for a living until I went nuts.

Edited by amenophis, 20 December 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#9 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

Okay.. I completely uninstalled and re-installed from scratch. For the most part, it is working.. just not in 64-bit.

In 64-bit, the game will launch, but as soon as the action starts, the game crashes.

Suggestions?

V/r,

JH

PS.. I should mention that I installed the game as an admin, but I am playing as a standard user. Could that be it? There is no way I'm going to play the game as an admin.

Thank you.

Edited by Jonathan Hoag, 22 December 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#10 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

Some of these problems sound like UAC acting up for whatever reason. Have you tried installing the game in another directory than "program files" ?

#11 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

In 64 bit it is recommended to run dx11. And make sure your system is a 64 bit system. Sorry but that's all I can think of for now.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Maybe visual settings placed too high?

And agree with what Amenophis said. the 64x version is recommended for Dx11, but I'm running mine on Dx9 and it's running fine for me. Dx11 didn't seem to agree with my system it seemed...

Could it be that you also don't have a 64x computer? Or that your computer doesn't have a system strong enough to take advantage of a 64x game program?

PS: Why won't you run the game as administrator, but you will install it as one? (I installed mine normally, but I can't recall if I run it as administrator or not. I think I run it as admin...)

This may be a support question...

#13 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

View Postamenophis, on 23 December 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

In 64 bit it is recommended to run dx11. And make sure your system is a 64 bit system. Sorry but that's all I can think of for now.

I had heard that there were issues with DX11. I'll give that a shot, though, and report back. Thank you!

JH

#14 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Could it be that you also don't have a 64x computer? Or that your computer doesn't have a system strong enough to take advantage of a 64x game program?

PS: Why won't you run the game as administrator, but you will install it as one? (I installed mine normally, but I can't recall if I run it as administrator or not. I think I run it as admin...)

System is a custom-built 8-core i7 4.0GHz (turbo 4.8 on demand) with 32 Gigs of RAM running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

And I don't run anything under the admin account - that is strictly for making major changes. I run a standard account as a security precaution.

V/r,

JH

#15 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:13 PM

Okay.. made sure that I have the latest DX11 drivers, set MWO for 64-bit, and when I run it, I get the error message:
"The program can't start because D3DCompiler_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

[Banging head on desk, repeatedly]

JH

#16 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=14632

Do you have this installed also ?

Also: check out this link and try the "How to fix..."-suggestions:

http://pcsupport.abo...ssing-error.htm

Edited by Ironwithin, 23 December 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#17 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. Someone else gave me a link to a page that instructed me to download two files (one was additions for DX9, one was for VB update.) After running the two files, 64-bit runs.

Downside is that the client quit on me, twice. Someone on TS suggested I reboot, and that (at least temporarily) got me through another drop. Apparently, the current patch isn't completely stable. Hopefully that will be fixed in the next release.

Looking forward to dropping with you all.

V/r,

JH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users