• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

in the most recent town hall
https://www.youtube....n0tQY3GU#t=1040
at about 54:40 Russ is asked about player numbers and says there are "a lot of factions with pretty big populations" "at least a few thousand players" "Marik just, a little smaller than the other ones but meet that criteria" "the only smaller ones are Jade Falcon, Liao and Smoke Jaguar" from that basic maths suggests that there must be at very minimum 15,000 players involved in CW, note that is just players who have joined a faction (or who are members of a unit which has), total player count could be that number or much higher.

my guess would be somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 active players, but that is just a guess based on the vague numbers we were given

View PostCreag, on 20 December 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

At the time of this post there is 605,849 members

that is total number of people who have signed up on the website, not current number of active players

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 20 December 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#22 Shatterpoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 20 December 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Your bitterness and willingness to do something you claim to hate fascinates me.

It seems like hate but it's really chemically altered indifference, I drink a lot. If it was hatred I'd respond like I do to the moderator emails I get.
Fact is the time played is short enough that I don't care, 30mins of semi-afk annoyance is nothing when I can leave and play something enjoyable for hours afterwards.

#23 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 20 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

From the recent town hall we know that the population isn't big enough to support some proposed CW feature ideas presented by the community.

Remember, not everyone (such as myself) go to things such as these town hall. Many people don't even hit the forums and only go to the website to download the game and make a profile. Just so it's stated...

#24 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Total players during tournaments have been calculated to around 20k during a weekend - that opt into tournaments for free stuff. Given that not everyone can play on a weekend and many play more infrequently.. As well as zounds that didn't opt in... Yeah, I think around 20k very active (several times per week) players,many more who play less frequently.

#25 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:05 AM

I think 1200-1400 regular players.

#26 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostArchangel Dino, on 20 December 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I've always wondered; does anyone know the answer to this question?

Simple question. Simple answer.

I am curious as to how many ACTIVE players there are (that play daily), and how many PASSIVE players there are that play weekly.

If they tell you they have to kill you.

#27 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:40 AM

Enough to keep PGI going, not enough to hire some QA, nor rent fast enough servers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users