Rendering Distance And Structures

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyman4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSpace Time

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

PGI,

I have not seen a thread like this in a while. Just FYI, I play on the lowest possible graphics setting. This does allow me to see things that should be impossible to see.

For example, I can see enemy mechs movements through buildings that are not rendered at distance, especially using the advanced zoom.

Also, you can see the shadows of mechs on the water through the citadel on river city.

Another issue with this is, I can see mechs, and I end up wasting heat and ammo on mechs that are actually in cover but have invisible terrain protecting them. Again due to rendering.

1 final point, lots of times I see what looks like morphing terrain within just a few hundred meters of my mech. It is like the terrain cannot figure out what angle or polygon shape the terrain should have. This causes me to think a certain piece of terrain is capable of being climbed when in reality it is not. Then as I close on the terrain, within ~150 meters, it finally becomes stable and fixed.

Is this still being looked at? Thanks

Tyman

#2 Tyman4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSpace Time

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:53 AM

Someone teach me the ways of getting people to post on a forum....this is getting ridiculous...

PGI ANSWER ME you Cold Heartless ...um...people....YEAH!

Tyman

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

Step 1: Don't expect PGI to answer anything on the forum, except maybe technical difficulties or problems with a purchase. You may be luckier on Twitter or heading over to NGNG, but PGI devs no longer use the official forums for two-way communication, as a rule of thumb.

Step 2: If you want a lot of players to respond, it has to be either a somewhat new and interesting idea that hasn't been discussed a million times already. There are some exceptions, of course. You can start a thread about the lack of C-bills or LRMs being OP and probably get a hundred replies within the hour.

#4 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

Actually I can contribute, as I play with everything cranked up to maximum, and I still get to see mechs through terrain. It's most noticeable on Canyons, that some of the the 'pillars' aren't fully rendered from about 1200m, so I can see the mech hiding behind.

PS, they should buff the LRM20.

#5 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 January 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Step 1: Don't expect PGI to answer anything on the forum, except maybe technical difficulties or problems with a purchase. You may be luckier on Twitter or heading over to NGNG, but PGI devs no longer use the official forums for two-way communication, as a rule of thumb.

Yeah, Making the game easier to understand one day at a time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users