Orion Is Honorable

6 replies to this topic

#1 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

my fellow warriors, i have discovered a honorable Orion build that works for any variant except the VA, though you still could with the missiles in the arms

before you laugh the lrm 5 does actually help on its own to soften targets, it's goal (along with the lasers) is to open up internals for the lb 10x

PROTECTOR

Possible Customization:

-change the left torso around however you see fit

(other variants I usually use lrm 10 instead of the lrm5/med laser)

-change the lb 10x to an ac 10

(pilot preference though the lb 10x is really sick vs clans right now imo)

-change ER LL to regular LL for better heat

posting because i feel too many IS players are dying due to our lack of BIG ballistics. clans have us nailed when it comes to energy weapons and missiles kinda even out on both sides. ac 10/20/10x and gauss rifles are our answers to the clans (unless you can fit some 3x erppcs ;) )

edit: not sure why mwomechlab shows it with half a ton missing. in-game comes out to 75 tons even

Edited by WarMonkey14, 22 December 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#2 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:53 AM

LRMs are inherently dishonorable Combine warrior, more so modifying personal mech of Alexander Kerensky is a crime. I use mine in stock configuration. There is no compromise when fight with honor. :)

#3 WarMonkey14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostTank, on 22 December 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

LRMs are inherently dishonorable Combine warrior, more so modifying personal mech of Alexander Kerensky is a crime. I use mine in stock configuration. There is no compromise when fight with honor. :)

i fully expected someone to post this and actually i think the stock protector, k (c), and k range from excellent to decent in that order. though i meant honorable as in not-a-piece-of-worthless-metal-on-the-battlefield, your knowledge of the lore is excellent. may you find an honorable death on the battlefield Tai-shu

#4 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostWarMonkey14, on 22 December 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

i fully expected someone to post this and actually i think the stock protector, k (c), and k range from excellent to decent in that order. though i meant honorable as in not-a-piece-of-worthless-metal-on-the-battlefield, your knowledge of the lore is excellent. may you find an honorable death on the battlefield Tai-shu

Weapon is only as useful as it's owners skill allows it to be.

Thanks you, I rather fall knowing that weapon I wielded brought no shame to my skill. ;)

#5 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostTank, on 22 December 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

LRMs are inherently dishonorable Combine warrior

We samurai honor our feudal ancestors, who were first and foremost trained as archers. Thus, LRMs are directly honoring the tactics and weapons of the past- long range death.

That being said, not a single Mech I run in competition will carry LRMs; too heavy in IS Mechs to use when I can pack some PPCs and dhs.

#6 The Mourning Star

• Pip
  • Chu-sa
  • 13 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Victory is one of the greatest honors a warrior can achieve.

#7 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 22 December 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

We samurai honor our feudal ancestors, who were first and foremost trained as archers. Thus, LRMs are directly honoring the tactics and weapons of the past- long range death.

That being said, not a single Mech I run in competition will carry LRMs; too heavy in IS Mechs to use when I can pack some PPCs and dhs.

I couldn't see how he could say LRMs would be dishonorable considering their heavy usage on exclusive Combine designs. His statements seemed like those a Clanner would say...did I miss something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users